[1.1.2][BDA 0.11.0.1] MalFunc Weaponry - [R09]:MK29 Launcher and Friends - May 04

Themorris

3 hours ago, sashan said:

Can you possibly make a VLS cell block? Would be very good for preserving part count. CUrrently making a real block like on Arleigh Burke will affect performance quite badly.

This is not possible, because all tubes would open at the same time when you select the weapon. The weapons shouldn't be the problem with the partcount. Try welding the structural parts.

2 hours ago, Themorris said:

This is not possible, because all tubes would open at the same time when you select the weapon. The weapons shouldn't be the problem with the partcount. Try welding the structural parts.

Well, that'd be better than additional 50+ parts for my ship. Yes, I need that much of them.
Also, I'd recommend adding attach nodes on sides of cells, like it's done with missile tubes in North Kerbin Dynamics mod.

Just thought, you can try adding animation to simulate missile's "rolling" nature. Would look real nice.

Also, a request: Compact scanning-only radar. Probably with average sensitivity, but it's really needed to complement your tracking-only ones.

Edited by sashan

3 hours ago, sashan said:

Well, that'd be better than additional 50+ parts for my ship. Yes, I need that much of them.
Also, I'd recommend adding attach nodes on sides of cells, like it's done with missile tubes in North Kerbin Dynamics mod.

Just thought, you can try adding animation to simulate missile's "rolling" nature. Would look real nice.

Also, a request: Compact scanning-only radar. Probably with average sensitivity, but it's really needed to complement your tracking-only ones.

I won't do the blocks, because I don't think thats neccessary, but what I will do is adding nodes on the sides. (I'm sorry, but thats really much, and yes I know Aegis Cruisers have more than 50)

At the moments it's not possible to add inflight-only animantion to bdarmory missiles.

For the compact scanning radar I have planned the Smart-S from Thales.

Also I'm working on this at the moment, you'll probably like it:

Hqp7cyt.png

Just now, Themorris said:

Also I'm working on this at the moment, you'll probably like it:

Just wanted to suggest it. :P
Btw, while your Oto Melara muzzleflash effect is the best one amongst all guns for BDA there's still room for improvement. ;) Watch this:

I'm also making a weapons pack, but I'm focusing on fictional weapons right now, like ones from The Expanse. Who knows what I'll do next tho.

20 hours ago, sashan said:

Can you possibly make a VLS cell block? Would be very good for preserving part count. CUrrently making a real block like on Arleigh Burke will affect performance quite badly.

Well, I suppose you could place a patriot launcher vertically and turn the pitch and yaw to 0, that'd be like 4 quad-packed launchers stuck together

Edited by Thingymajigy

4 minutes ago, Thingymajigy said:

Well, I suppose you could place a patriot launcher vertically and turn the pitch and yaw to 0, that'd be like 4 quad-packed launchers stuck together

I did that already. I've also used procedural control surfaces as covers. Point it, having 4x2 block in this mod would be awesome, most of larger VLS blocks consist of such ones.

Btw, any reasons you've made Compact Oto Melara instead of Super Rapid? :P

Edited by sashan

2 hours ago, sashan said:

I did that already. I've also used procedural control surfaces as covers. Point it, having 4x2 block in this mod would be awesome, most of larger VLS blocks consist of such ones.

Btw, any reasons you've made Compact Oto Melara instead of Super Rapid? :P

No reasons... But maybe the super rapid will follow sometime...:rolleyes:

But for now, take THAT:

n7yCMcm.jpg

voCDnHt.jpg

Will have it's own radar like the SeaRAM. But before I release, I will fix all textures.

Edited by Themorris

25 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Its a good looking mod but the parts are too large for my boats. You have them set as though they are scaled for human use no kerbal use.

Tweakscale is your friend ;)

Here is a MM patch file I made for BD Armory. If you pick it apart you can see how to convert it to any mod

Spoiler

First modify the bellow script to specific mod. Then put into a CFG file with any name anywhere you'd like in the "GameData" Folder

//BD Tweakscale Patch - V8Jester

@PART[bahaGatlingGun]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaTurret]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaABL]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[awacsRadar]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaBrowningAnm2]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaECMJammer]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaGau-8]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaGoalKeeper]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[scanLockRadar1]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[scanLargeRadar]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaHiddenVulcan]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaM1Abrams]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaM102Howitzer]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaM230ChainGun]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaOMillennium]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bdRadome1]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bdRadome1inline]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bdRadome1snub]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}

}

@PART[bahaFlirBall]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}

} 

6 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Tweakscale is your friend ;)

Here is a MM patch file I made for BD Armory. If you pick it apart you can see how to convert it to any mod

Hide contents

First modify the bellow script to specific mod. Then put into a CFG file with any name anywhere you'd like in the "GameData" Folder

//BD Tweakscale Patch - V8Jester

@PART[bahaGatlingGun]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaTurret]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaABL]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[awacsRadar]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaBrowningAnm2]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaECMJammer]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaGau-8]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaGoalKeeper]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[scanLockRadar1]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[scanLargeRadar]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaHiddenVulcan]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaM1Abrams]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaM102Howitzer]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaM230ChainGun]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bahaOMillennium]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bdRadome1]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bdRadome1inline]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}
}

@PART[bdRadome1snub]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}

}

@PART[bahaFlirBall]
{
%MODULE[TweakScale]
{
type = free
}

} 

I ll keep it in mind. Im still learning though. I may play with it later

1 hour ago, Vegatoxi said:

Good day @Themorris, nice mod, nice launchers, but...

Your missiles FX makes my eyes bleeding. Srsly, rework it pls. Sprites is in the past, stone age. Particles and only particles!

And also, can you pls remove those ridiculous plates under the launchers?

The effects will get a rework, but I won't remove the plates. Why do you want me to remove them?

Oh by the way...

Update:

jLqmQeQ.png

R05

-added Phalanx CIWS

-changed SeaRAM texture

-fixed some bugs with the collision on the RIM-116

-changed some cfg's

The Phalanx has, like the SeaRam, an integrated search- and trackingradar.

Edited by Themorris

1 minute ago, Themorris said:

Why do you want me to remove them?

Well, it's too big and not fit most (if not every) stock parts and also stock have a lot of parts to preform same role (Rockomax brand adapters, etc.)

I'm not a modder so it's technical requirement or just your point of view?

4 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

Well, it's too big and not fit most (if not every) stock parts and also stock have a lot of parts to preform same role (Rockomax brand adapters, etc.)

I'm not a modder so it's technical requirement or just your point of view?

I'd have to redo a bit of the model, edit the objects hierarchy, but  thats it. But I like the plate personally. Because thats how guns are mounted on ships. I don't think it's too big. And I the whole weapon is too large, you could rescale it with tweakscale, or by yourself in the cfg. Just change the rescalefactor.

Edited by Themorris

35 minutes ago, G.man said:

Hey Could i get some missile silos for vertical launch + a big missile to go with... its for a submarine to nuke everyone 

First of all: there are vertical launch systems already.

also i think harpwner's NKD thread is a better place to ask for this since he has already some nukes as well as naval weaponary in his pack.

also before you get too busy building all this you should know that mod developers are people there not just there to so you "can get some silos and a big missile to nuke everyone"

and on a final note make at least clear what you want a big missile isnt automaticly nuklear also most of the nuklear missiles mounted in subs are ICBM or multistage i guess. both are impossible to make if i am correct.