[1.1.2][BDA 0.11.0.1] MalFunc Weaponry - [R09]:MK29 Launcher and Friends - May 04

Themorris

8 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

To be fair, you asked for a part and all TMasterson said was the part he thought you were talking about was already in his mod, and instead of being polite you proceeded to tear his work down.

If there is anything i learned in my life it is that you can not tear down real work.

And please stop spaming this thread if you wonna say something to ME do it.  

Also i send him a message saying im sorry and that we should take down the posts, but he ignored me.

So if this forum has administrators, it would be nice if you could delete this conversation. I think the reasons are selfspeaking.

Edited by Noellen

Whoa. An actually sophisticated model naval mod!

I see you're mostly focusing on lighter combat vessels here, mainly cruisers such as the common Ticonderoga-class. I'd like to see you make some heavier cruise-missile launchers, such as the P-500 Bazalts on the heavier Slava Class Russian Cruisers. In general, I'd like to see some Iowa Class Material.

7 hours ago, Cdodders said:

missiles in VLS cells that have been clipped into a structure dont disregard said structure and there is much explosions and catastrophe

Not really though. Check the previous page where you can see my missiles clipped and then launching just fine

On 2/23/2016 at 7:09 PM, Noellen said:

First of all: there are vertical launch systems already.

also i think harpwner's NKD thread is a better place to ask for this since he has already some nukes as well as naval weaponary in his pack.

also before you get too busy building all this you should know that mod developers are people there not just there to so you "can get some silos and a big missile to nuke everyone"

and on a final note make at least clear what you want a big missile isnt automaticly nuklear also most of the nuklear missiles mounted in subs are ICBM or multistage i guess. both are impossible to make if i am correct.

i just wanted the tubes, i could build the icbms. and harpwner's nkd thread is working on a tank like update. and i was just asking.

Ps: Nuklear is spelled Nuclear (and said New-Clear)

Pps: i definitely know mod devs are people cuz i am learning how (and kinda failing)

1 hour ago, G.man said:

i just wanted the tubes, i could build the icbms. and harpwner's nkd thread is working on a tank like update. and i was just asking.

Ps: Nuklear is spelled Nuclear (and said New-Clear)

Pps: i definitely know mod devs are people cuz i am learning how (and kinda failing)

Well thank you for using different words than before i am from germany and im not the only person on this forum who isnt from a primarily english speaking part of the world and by the way where i come from it is spelled nuklear and said nookleah. but everybody understud what i ment. Also ive been told that my english sounds "rude" . If what i said was rude. It wasnt ment this way!

P.s. good luck with you're mod development learning and the icbm 

P.p.s. there still is a max. loading range

P.p.p.s when i checked last time harpwner said he would make a naval gun update.

Edited by Noellen
P.p.p.s

I have a few suggestions:
1. Remove base plate from scanning radar or make it very small - I often attach it to a mast made of girders and that big metal plate looks weird.

2. Rig FLIR modules on Phalanx and CRAM as a radar turret and add RPM camera to it. I did it in my mod I'll release soon and it's really awesome to have image from such camera to be displayed on cockpit screen as it tracks the target.

3. Check smoothing groups on Phalanx - in particular around locking radar hatch and on FLIR.

4. Downscale muzzle brake or whatever that cylinder is on Phalanx - it looks oversized.

RPM camera requires a special partmodule and an empty transform with unique name in your model:

0jxajtD.png

MODULE //:NEEDS[JSI]
	{
	name = JSIExternalCameraSelector
	cameraContainer = RPMcamera
	cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
	}

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Setting-up-cameras

22 hours ago, Noellen said:

Well thank you for using different words than before i am from germany and i'm not the only person on this forum who isnt from a primarily english speaking part of the world and by the way where i come from it is spelled nuklear and said nookleah. but everybody understood what i meant. Also i've been told that my english sounds "rude" . If what i said was rude. It wasn't meant this way!

P.s. good luck with you're mod development learning and the icbm 

P.p.s. there still is a max. loading range

P.p.p.s when i checked last time harpwner said he would make a naval gun update.

lol thanks, i did not know you were from germany so sorry for being kinda rude. in english people aren't as straightforward as in germany so that might be why some people think you were rude. there is a fairly large cultural difference as well so that might be another thing, so good luck.

Ps: i am no expert at the english language so my advice is not too solid.

13 hours ago, sashan said:

I have a few suggestions:
1. Remove base plate from scanning radar or make it very small - I often attach it to a mast made of girders and that big metal plate looks weird.

2. Rig FLIR modules on Phalanx and CRAM as a radar turret and add RPM camera to it. I did it in my mod I'll release soon and it's really awesome to have image from such camera to be displayed on cockpit screen as it tracks the target.

3. Check smoothing groups on Phalanx - in particular around locking radar hatch and on FLIR.

4. Downscale muzzle brake or whatever that cylinder is on Phalanx - it looks oversized.

RPM camera requires a special partmodule and an empty transform with unique name in your model:

0jxajtD.png

MODULE //:NEEDS[JSI]
	{
	name = JSIExternalCameraSelector
	cameraContainer = RPMcamera
	cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
	}

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Setting-up-cameras

2. Maybe

3. I know about that problem, but for now, I didn't do normalmaps for my models. The rest is phong-shaded, which looks scrappy. Will do that in the future, maybe.

4. It's the right size, so it won't be downscaled. It's modeled after fotos and vector drawings.

Also to everyone:

The VLS isn't thought to clip it into the deck or the ground or whatever. Right now I'm creating hull parts, which have the right size for the VLS to fit in.

6 minutes ago, Themorris said:

3. I know about that problem, but for now, I didn't do normalmaps for my models. The rest is phong-shaded, which looks scrappy. Will do that in the future, maybe.

You don't need normal maps to fix those errors. You just need to split edges that are supposed to be sharp (assuming you work in Blender).

As for muzzle: Just compare these two images.
A94MgbV.jpg

mWzgntZ.png

Edited by sashan

2 hours ago, sashan said:

You don't need normal maps to fix those errors. You just need to split edges that are supposed to be sharp (assuming you work in Blender).

As for muzzle: Just compare these two images.
A94MgbV.jpg

mWzgntZ.png

Can't see the problem with the muzzle, and you might be right with the edges, I'm gonna check that.

4 hours ago, Themorris said:

Can't see the problem with the muzzle,

Well, okay, I've quickly merged those 2 photos.
xGaT7uR.png
I's just that I got an eye for such things and I notice them instantly. And I can't look at them and stay calm :P Otherwise, your model is great.

22 hours ago, sashan said:

Well, okay, I've quickly merged those 2 photos.
xGaT7uR.png
I's just that I got an eye for such things and I notice them instantly. And I can't look at them and stay calm :P Otherwise, your model is great.

Are you serious? Really? I won't change that model... I'm sorry, but this is a minimal error... But I'm impressed you noticed that. :)

3 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

I just noticed you added that ammunition belt under the Phalanx CIWS. That just made the mod a hundred times better for me.

You guys seem to look at very small details :). Thats cool, because that's how I am often when I play other games and a small detail ruins the whole experience because I can't get it out of my head. :)

How about some simple (maybe ubio welding compatible) window-lookalikes as they are in stock parts. There are some already but not in an array, Which makes it terrible to work with it on ships.

Hey Themorris! You've just made an epic mod (Love the Mk49 launcher) and I was wondering/have a request, could you remove the baseplate from the Mk49, Phalnax and any other weapons that have one. You could maybe add it in as a sepparate part? I say this because i think the baseplate is kinda pointless in some circumstances. Example: Say I wan't to mount the Phalnax on a "pedestal" of sorts, the baseplate just sticks out and looks ugly. But it's useful in other circumstances. Example: Say you make the baseplate a radially attachable part with a node on top (For mounting guns on), you could place this on a flat surface on your ship and it would look really cool! I hope you understand what I'm saying :) I would be really thankful if you took my suggestion!

Keep up the good work mate! Glad to see someone bringing something new to the table! (VLS's, Missile Launchers etc.)

Best regards,

Björn

P.S. The Evolved SeaSparrow Missile (ESSM) glitches when launched from the Mk49 (It kinda gets stuck in it) same for the SeaRAM.

On 8.3.2016 at 4:59 AM, Thatdude253 said:

What's on the menu so to speak? No pressure, just curious as to what you're interested in adding.

The seasparrow launcher might be next, but no promises. Might take some time.

4 hours ago, ItsNotRocketScience said:

Hey Themorris! You've just made an epic mod (Love the Mk49 launcher) and I was wondering/have a request, could you remove the baseplate from the Mk49, Phalnax and any other weapons that have one. You could maybe add it in as a sepparate part? I say this because i think the baseplate is kinda pointless in some circumstances. Example: Say I wan't to mount the Phalnax on a "pedestal" of sorts, the baseplate just sticks out and looks ugly. But it's useful in other circumstances. Example: Say you make the baseplate a radially attachable part with a node on top (For mounting guns on), you could place this on a flat surface on your ship and it would look really cool! I hope you understand what I'm saying :) I would be really thankful if you took my suggestion!

Keep up the good work mate! Glad to see someone bringing something new to the table! (VLS's, Missile Launchers etc.)

Best regards,

Björn

P.S. The Evolved SeaSparrow Missile (ESSM) glitches when launched from the Mk49 (It kinda gets stuck in it) same for the SeaRAM.

Ok, I'm thinking about removing it. If you guys really don't like it...

Well, let's see what I can do.

On 28.2.2016 at 3:04 PM, LTRyan said:

You sir, make absolut nice addons :>

but

- CIWS shoots only one bullet
- RIM162 gets in the Vcells inverted when placed with mirror mode

I know about that mirror error, it happens in other mods aswell. I don't know what causes it.

Geez I don't understand what the deal with the mounting plate is. If you don't like it, offset the thing till it disappears. :) Themorris, great stuff. I haven't had the issues everyone else seems to be having. I'm not complaining about that, I just hope my experience is what should be happening, and they are seeing anomalies.

33 minutes ago, Themorris said:

The seasparrow launcher might be next, but no promises. Might take some time.

Ok, I'm thinking about removing it. If you guys really don't like it...

Well, let's see what I can do.

I know about that mirror error, it happens in other mods aswell. I don't know what causes it.

That, or make it smaller :P

Honestly I'm impressed with the mod, I'm really looking forward to see what you have planned for the future!

Best regards,

Björn

P.S. Someday I hope to be able to make mods like you! (What language is used?)