[1.1.2][BDA 0.11.0.1] MalFunc Weaponry - [R09]:MK29 Launcher and Friends - May 04

Themorris

19 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Weird, I don't have any issues with missiles being inverted when mirroring my quad VLS tubes. Must depend on the missile. The ones from Malfunc's armory made to use the VLS tubes work fine mirrored.

That's even stranger? Those are the missiles I was talking about. The VLS tube will be oriented correctly but the missiles inside will be upside down on the mirrored VLS.

Will there be any larger vertical launch tubes? For such things as Submarine launched cruise and ballistic missiles?

Tried to mate your 7m VLS with North Kerbin Dynamics SCUD missile, however its a bit big

Fi2Jud8.jpg

Hey guys, I'm trying to work on a MM Patch to make BD weapons work better with Large Boat Parts. More specifically. To keep missiles / turrets from blowing up when you launch a ship in the water. The issue comes from when a ship is finding it's floating point in the water and if the VLS tubes hit the water a little too had they break. If they are set into the water soft enough. A sub with working VLS tube's is totally possible. I managed it a couple times now. I can't seem to get it working, does anyone here know how to mess with MM and BD?

I'm having a problem with launching missiles out of the VLS Tubes when they are clipped inside something. I have to actually zoom in and right click and select fire to get them to launch. The Arming system doesn't work nor does the custom keys that can be set up through editor for missiles to launch. I recorded a video of me testing it, but I don't really want to upload it right now, but I will if I need to,in order to help fix this.

6 hours ago, NightHawk114 said:

I'm having a problem with launching missiles out of the VLS Tubes when they are clipped inside something. I have to actually zoom in and right click and select fire to get them to launch. The Arming system doesn't work nor does the custom keys that can be set up through editor for missiles to launch. I recorded a video of me testing it, but I don't really want to upload it right now, but I will if I need to,in order to help fix this.

Open the BD Armory meny (Alt + B) and disable 'Bomb Clearance Check'. This will make your missiles fire no matter if the game thinks there obstructed. But beware, the missiles and bomba can now be fired from within bomb bays and such witch can blow up your craft. Hope this helps! :) 

11 hours ago, ItsNotRocketScience said:

Open the BD Armory meny (Alt + B) and disable 'Bomb Clearance Check'. This will make your missiles fire no matter if the game thinks there obstructed. But beware, the missiles and bomba can now be fired from within bomb bays and such witch can blow up your craft. Hope this helps! :) 

Yeah that helped, but now the missile collide and cause everything to explode. I'm gonna have to test more with the placement...

Hey man. I just found out that the Phalanx CWIS did not work.. It uses 20MM ammo right?? 20 Kerbals died on the super carriar. aprox.15 Billion lost.(i had 15 Aircrafts docked there when the solo aircraft attacked with 4 exocet sea-skimming missiles. week :(

@Themorris Hey man The Phalanx CWIS did not work. i used the BDA 20MM as ammo and it did not fire even though the Rim 116 worked perfectly though. 20 Kerbals and $15 Billion was lost on that faithful night when a single jet fired 4 exocet missiles at the glorious almighty super carriar KAS Empiremaker. Rip the 15 planes i tried so hard to dock on the carriar.

41 minutes ago, Jackeled said:

@Themorris Hey man The Phalanx CWIS did not work. i used the BDA 20MM as ammo and it did not fire even though the Rim 116 worked perfectly though. 20 Kerbals and $15 Billion was lost on that faithful night when a single jet fired 4 exocet missiles at the glorious almighty super carriar KAS Empiremaker. Rip the 15 planes i tried so hard to dock on the carriar.

Was this carrier built with Large Boat Parts? I also had a few different weapons misfire depending on which part they where attached. I believe it is somethin to do with LBP / Tweakscale and collider issues. I don't wanna sound like I'm bad mouthin LBP I love that mod! But I have seen some weirdness when using weapons with those parts. 

11 hours ago, V8jester said:

Was this carrier built with Large Boat Parts? I also had a few different weapons misfire depending on which part they where attached. I believe it is somethin to do with LBP / Tweakscale and collider issues. I don't wanna sound like I'm bad mouthin LBP I love that mod! But I have seen some weirdness when using weapons with those parts. 

Yup It was. The mk48 worked perfectly though. I just changed the Phalanx to Goalkeepers for the time being. Just to protect from the scums( Refering to myself) who attack a carriar with 15 Jet with a single plane flying at 30m above the water

On February 18, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Themorris said:

New release:

6taWpSM.jpg

[R02]

-added Oto Melara 76mm Compact

-added RIM-67B Standard Missile 2(without Booster)

-fixed some issues with the MK.41 VLS

have fun with it!

So what's the status with the VLS? Large Boat Parts work with it or....? I saw the VLS parts in the LBP mod but i haven't figured it out yet

On 13.4.2016 at 1:40 AM, Esquire42 said:

So what's the status with the VLS? Large Boat Parts work with it or....? I saw the VLS parts in the LBP mod but i haven't figured it out yet

The VLS works fine. In fact, everything works fine, even in 1.1. I don't know what the matter is with  LBP. Investigating.

BUT: I can't say this often enough, don't clip them. I'm trying something :wink:

Edited by Themorris

So, just some small update(I really don't wanna call it that way)

I added the 20mm ammo directly to the phalanx, so you don't have those crossfeed problems with the LBP. Also, everything works fine with the newest version of BDA and 1.1.

I mean the Github version, just in case.

greetings,

Themorris

It should. If it doesn't, send ma a pm, and I will look into it.

And yeah, removal of ground plates incoming, as soon as I find the time:D

They started to annoy me seriously the last few days.