[1.1.2][BDA 0.11.0.1] MalFunc Weaponry - [R09]:MK29 Launcher and Friends - May 04

Themorris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe. But I'm not that active atm. For now I will try to keep this up to date. If something doesn't work anymore, hit me up via pm or in this thread.

Since there are such range and load problems in ksp with landed vessels, and most of my weapons work beyond that range, it has not much use.

Also, the silo are not made to be clipped into ship parts. And i don't want to make my own ship parts. So I would need a hull cross section sample from the hulls currently available on the forums so create vls holding hull sections with correct collision.

Edited by Themorris

• 3 weeks later...
On 15.6.2016 at 0:19 AM, Thatdude253 said:

Any chance of new material or any activity?

Well, progress my friend! Lacking vector drawings it's hard to reconstruct, but you guys may be guessing, what this will become:

tZv2sml.png

r5RHpWw.png

early raw model

EDIT: Progress again

more refined model:

GJl91uT.png

Edited by Themorris

1 hour ago, ItsNotRocketScience said:

I love it!! Will it work like the std BD turrets? Or can you control it with your mouse? Also, how big is it?

Since it is radar guided, it will not be mouse controlled. The only thing you could do is slaving it to the camera...

EDIT: I feel dumb now, of course it is mouse controlled, as long as you don't slave it ot the radar or cam.

Edited by Themorris

7 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Any chance of a Sea Dart type launcher? Also what about the 30mm autocannons some ships have?

Maybe and perhaps.

2 hours ago, Jackeled said:

Hmm. Mk29 Essm Box Launcher. Looking great @Themorris

Yeah. But I have a problem I'm not sure how to solve. There are multiple ways. The tubecap has to be added to the missiles, since the launcher uses break-through one-time caps. So you will only be able to use the Rim-7 capped, once it is done. Or I will create a capped essm for beeing launched from the mk29.

2 hours ago, ItsNotRocketScience said:

Ahh, thanks mate. Is the update out? :D

Nope, won't be until nest week maybe. Haven't started doing the rim-7 and have to solve some orientation issues. Got no nerves for it at the moment :wink:

Caped essm sounds good. Can i have a favour from you. Can you make a NSM(Naval strike missile) it will has the same box launcher like the MK 29. But the cap opens then the missile fires.

i've found something. I belive that the VLS cells can be blocked by sinking them into a superstructure and due to their size also glitch into the hull. I experienced this problem when I tried to install some vls cells onto the second level of my Fast attack craft.

Mk 29 looks awesome but I also have the issues with VLS Cells being blocked when they are placed into ship parts. What mod did you use for the main page screenshots? looks like large modern boat parts which is what I have but my missiles collide on launch.

On July 24, 2016 at 6:50 AM, memeconnoiseur said:

.....I belive that the VLS cells can be blocked by sinking them into a superstructure 

9 hours ago, dbandy13 said:

Mk 29 looks awesome but I also have the issues with VLS Cells being blocked....

I have seen plenty of people mention not to sink the VLS tubes into a craft both here and in the LBP thread. In 1.0.5 I have had luck sinking them almost all the way down but still not flush. But in 1.1.3 the VLS tubes really won't work right when sunk into a hull. The update for LBP has a VLS section for the hull. Not the best solution but it's the most functional one. Looking at the OP it looks like that hull section was used.

Not sure if you are aware but the missile you have created for the VLS Cells is actually the RIM-66, not 67. Both are designated SM-1/2, however the 67 is an ER missile with a detaching booster beneath it. Also it didn't fit in VLS cells, requiring the creation of the RIM-156 SM-2ER blk IV. The 2 are often confused as the only difference is actually the booster and a slight guidance reprogramming. They share the same upper airframe. 

@Themorris

Edited by dbandy13
to alert author

16 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Yup. Here's a bit of a better picture for you too. 

4l-image.jpg

Yes, I think I can do this:). But I don't know when.

On 27.7.2016 at 8:26 AM, dbandy13 said:

Not sure if you are aware but the missile you have created for the VLS Cells is actually the RIM-66, not 67. Both are designated SM-1/2, however the 67 is an ER missile with a detaching booster beneath it. Also it didn't fit in VLS cells, requiring the creation of the RIM-156 SM-2ER blk IV. The 2 are often confused as the only difference is actually the booster and a slight guidance reprogramming. They share the same upper airframe. 

I actually took it for reference, but I didn't do the booster :wink:

Edited by Themorris