[1.1.2][BDA 0.11.0.1] MalFunc Weaponry - [R09]:MK29 Launcher and Friends - May 04

Themorris

On 26.7.2016 at 6:03 AM, dbandy13 said:

Mk 29 looks awesome but I also have the issues with VLS Cells being blocked when they are placed into ship parts. What mod did you use for the main page screenshots? looks like large modern boat parts which is what I have but my missiles collide on launch.

Not, if you use this:

34tJjk2.png

I did it because of this problem. It's now included in LBP.

On 26/07/2016 at 5:03 AM, dbandy13 said:

Mk 29 looks awesome but I also have the issues with VLS Cells being blocked when they are placed into ship parts. What mod did you use for the main page screenshots? looks like large modern boat parts which is what I have but my missiles collide on launch.

2 hours ago, Themorris said:

Not, if you use this:

Hi, just confirming that this part kindly provided by Themorris  is in the current Large Boat Parts modern pack, it appears in the structural tab and is called Medium Modern Hull VLS-Section.

And thanks again :)

I'm having a problem in 1.1.3 I selected the Mk29 launcher in the SPH and then my game crashed, is it just that it's not compatible with 1.1.3 or was it just bad luck? I haven't tested any of the other things to see if they are good, will do that soon.

EDIT: Oh haha when i selected the large boat parts park small bridge, the game crashed too!! *sigh*

EDIT2: Great. Crashed again, not generating any crash logs either....

Edited by Combatsmithen

On 20.8.2016 at 1:33 AM, Thatdude253 said:

Is there any chance we could get an ASROC launcher to hold Harpoons?

It would have to move all missile units, instead of one at the time, since it is impossible to have multiple turrets on the same part.

1 hour ago, Noellen said:

It would have to move all missile units, instead of one at the time, since it is impossible to have multiple turrets on the same part.

Except I'm pretty sure that's not the case as we see with NKD's LAV AD turret. It's got stinger pods and a gun. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Themorris said:

Would you guy's be ok with a static harpoon starter rack?

You can do it mobile just takes a bit of fiddling, pull apart the one in Boomsticks to see how it's done.

On 25/08/2016 at 10:15 PM, Thatdude253 said:

Except I'm pretty sure that's not the case as we see with NKD's LAV AD turret. It's got stinger pods and a gun. 

You are correct, we now have the technology to  have two fully functioning weapons systems on one turret, I've just activated the Tunguska and Bradley launchers in the PEW mod and added a new one to Boomsticks

5 hours ago, Themorris said:

Would you guy's be ok with a static harpoon starter rack?

Sure, that'd be great.

You are correct, we now have the technology to  have two fully functioning weapons systems on one turret, I've just activated the Tunguska and Bradley launchers in the PEW mod and added a new one to Boomsticks

Like this

Does that mean if we download them now they'll have the new bits?

Edited by Thatdude253
added stuff

On 03/09/2016 at 10:23 PM, Thatdude253 said:

Sure, that'd be great.

Does that mean if we download them now they'll have the new bits?

In the upcoming update. yes. the Tunguska will definitely be included, fully tested and awesome, the Bradley I'm not yet happy with, so i don't know if it will make it

Apologies to Themorris for the unintended advertising

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

In the upcoming update. yes. the Tunguska will definitely be included, fully tested and awesome, the Bradley I'm not yet happy with, so i don't know if it will make it

No problem. That way, I learned about it myself, since I'm not that active anymore on the forums.

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

So will the bradley fire TOWs or stingers?

Just now, Thatdude253 said:

So will the bradley fire TOWs or stingers?

The size of the unit presents some difficulties with varied missiles, but it fits the standard BDAc TOW very well and that has been the main test object, the Tunguska fires a new 57E6 missile and the Ataka anti tank missile, others may fit of comparable size

It seems I cannot figure out how to lock targets using the APAR that have been detected by the SMART-S.

Procedure used: activate all radars simultaneously, attempt to lock on to the blip picked up by the SMART-S.

Yes, I've made sure to point the APAR unit towards the target. Several, in fact, owing to their 120 degree cone of view.

On 8.9.2016 at 2:31 PM, Angstinator said:

It seems I cannot figure out how to lock targets using the APAR that have been detected by the SMART-S.

Procedure used: activate all radars simultaneously, attempt to lock on to the blip picked up by the SMART-S.

Yes, I've made sure to point the APAR unit towards the target. Several, in fact, owing to their 120 degree cone of view.

Maybe the object you tried to lock was too small. The SMART ist very good at detecting stuff, but sometimes it's too small to be tracked. Was it a plane or something smaller?

Absolutely love your mod man, i don't know what it is about a game that wants you to peacefully explore the universe but it makes me want to project naval supremacy... anyway i was desiring to send some submarines to meet their tiny kerbal god and i have to use the giant ww2 torpedo tubes so i was wondering if you could add a modern torpedo and a mk32 torpedo tube system 

Edited by KodiaksFury
Spelling