Themorris

[1.1.2][BDA 0.11.0.1] MalFunc Weaponry - [R09]:MK29 Launcher and Friends - May 04

Recommended Posts

On 10/9/2017 at 2:18 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@Themorris or anyone with a clue as to how to get in touch.  Would like to very much save this mod from obsolescence/take it under management even temporarily.  Upcoming BDA changes will have an affect on most items contained in the mod, and may mean that functionality is diminished

It's good stuff lets not let it die

Cheers

SM.

He hasnt been around for awhile man. If his license allows it I would say youre good to go with taking it under your wing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning/ evening all.

I'm pleased to announce that I have been in touch with The Morris and have his full permission and blessing to bring MalFunc into protective custody  and a proper home in a marine modding group.

SO whats in the future for Malfunc, firstly it's continued existence, which is a good thing, as i see no point in replicating parts that are already well made.  The parts are popular, or were, and are still in use by many,  running private patches to keep it functional .  Following the completion of the BDA beta linked below this mod in its' release version will no longer be compatible with BDA, there will be too many things that need changing for the average user to bother and it would become obsolete ( and a heads up to all weapon fans out there, the same goes for every other unloved weapon mod ,  if they want to carry on in future versions of KSP they have to update to keep up with BDAc  ) 

Next is the future, that being the BDAc Public beta thats linked below.  That is where you will find a working version of Malfunc weaponry all set up to work in the Beta version. No it doesn't work in the release version  and i strongly suggest you don't even try . That said if you have the last release and the z BDA patches ,  it works satisfactorily in the BDA release for KSP 1.3.1 radar edition .  Am i likely to make a version that is backwardly compatible again, unlikely. 

What you will find in this new version , updated radar, updated turret and bullet specs ,  a custom category for Malfunc parts, searchable by manufacturer but now it has it's own editor category, you wont have to go looking for that one missile in hundreds. 

So thats it, it lives , it all works and is making a mess in an install near you now  :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2017 at 2:18 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Good morning/ evening all.

I'm pleased to announce that I have been in touch with The Morris and have his full permission and blessing to bring MalFunc into protective custody  and a proper home in a marine modding group.

SO whats in the future for Malfunc, firstly it's continued existence, which is a good thing, as i see no point in replicating parts that are already well made.  The parts are popular, or were, and are still in use by many,  running private patches to keep it functional .  Following the completion of the BDA beta linked below this mod in its' release version will no longer be compatible with BDA, there will be too many things that need changing for the average user to bother and it would become obsolete ( and a heads up to all weapon fans out there, the same goes for every other unloved weapon mod ,  if they want to carry on in future versions of KSP they have to update to keep up with BDAc  ) 

Next is the future, that being the BDAc Public beta thats linked below.  That is where you will find a working version of Malfunc weaponry all set up to work in the Beta version. No it doesn't work in the release version  and i strongly suggest you don't even try . That said if you have the last release and the z BDA patches ,  it works satisfactorily in the BDA release for KSP 1.3.1 radar edition .  Am i likely to make a version that is backwardly compatible again, unlikely. 

What you will find in this new version , updated radar, updated turret and bullet specs ,  a custom category for Malfunc parts, searchable by manufacturer but now it has it's own editor category, you wont have to go looking for that one missile in hundreds. 

So thats it, it lives , it all works and is making a mess in an install near you now  :)

 

 

Hey did you ever get an update released out for Malfunc man?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Hey did you ever get an update released out for Malfunc man?

Check the OP of the BDAc public beta thread ... links are towards the bottom

 

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/2/2016 at 4:57 AM, Themorris said:

You can launch a wide variety of weapons from this systems, I made a few examples with some of Prometheu's missiles and one of mine(the RIM-67B without booster coming in the next update)

ZFSPS34.jpg

the new RIM-67B:

a

Og34xZ4.jpg

and yes, it deploys it's fins

 

What mod are you using for that effect??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.2.2018 at 10:20 AM, Natso said:

 

What mod are you using for that effect??

just standart ksp particle systems(might be custom particles though, i don't remember). it was changed though, since Baha created standardized missile exhausts that could be scaled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A while ago I've quickly thrown together a firing sound for Oto Melara, based on real sound found on YouTube. If you want it I can send it over and you'll include it in the mod. Better than stock one. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sashan said:

A while ago I've quickly thrown together a firing sound for Oto Melara, based on real sound found on YouTube. If you want it I can send it over and you'll include it in the mod. Better than stock one. :)

 

I'll take a listen, cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you consider doing a block version of the MK41 VLS to cut down on the ammout of parts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The link in the BDA thread you linked leads to a 404 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, loki130 said:

The link in the BDA thread you linked leads to a 404 now.

New update for 1.4 due this week .  apologies for 404 , lost a lot of data in HD crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, who have patiently waited, I'm pleased to say the final issues have been dealt with and pending a quick review by the team we are ready to re release MalFunc Weaponry.

Many things needed sorting in order to bring it back from the dead, my first look was less than thorough, and some glaring issues needed addressing, including but not least the re tuning of every missile in the mod to what we consider perfection. Repairs to MK29 launcher and missiles , repairs to Otom turret etc, more details in release thread.

The next version will be a full release and will be found shortly in the Addon releases section and on Github.   .   I will now close this thread as allowed in the mod permission ( available to moderators on request)

qR5j5Sh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.