Themorris

[1.1.2][BDA 0.11.0.1] MalFunc Weaponry - [R09]:MK29 Launcher and Friends - May 04

Recommended Posts

Minor bug to report, not sure if its just me though. When quad-packing ESSMs, and then recessing them into the deck (maritime pack) (works for everything else just fine so far), I can get one to fire, then the next simply won't fire. Will do more testing to ensure its not just me being an idiot, but something to maybe be aware of. Very specific issue, so treat accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2016 at 2:47 PM, sashan said:

Oh my, that's exactly what I need for my ships

12694953_847577372031596_503735777718491

How many parts is that arleigh burke. And what mod did you use to make it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

How many parts is that arleigh burke. And what mod did you use to make it

300 parts without any missiles and with virtually zero small parts like ladders etc. It uses b9 procedural wings as a structural part. Now you see why having all VLS cells as a blocks of separate parts isn't acceptable for me.
Also, what you see in that screen lacks structural strength. It bends its bow upwards like a banana, I still need to fix that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sashan said:

300 parts without any missiles and with virtually zero small parts like ladders etc. It uses b9 procedural wings as a structural part. Now you see why having all VLS cells as a blocks of separate parts isn't acceptable for me.
Also, what you see in that screen lacks structural strength. It bends its bow upwards like a banana, I still need to fix that.

Sashan, as a suggestion.

When I built my Comanche using B9 P-wings. I also built the whole thing on a chassis using an I-beam for a back bone. A similar approach may help you remove the flex.

 

Spoiler

screenshot9_zpsj1htiq3i.png~original

 

screenshot8_zpsft43majp.png~original

 

 

 

Edited by V8jester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Angstinator said:

Is this up on CKAN or Spacedock?

It is on spacedock, see the first post

 

18 hours ago, Thatdude253 said:

Minor bug to report, not sure if its just me though. When quad-packing ESSMs, and then recessing them into the deck (maritime pack) (works for everything else just fine so far), I can get one to fire, then the next simply won't fire. Will do more testing to ensure its not just me being an idiot, but something to maybe be aware of. Very specific issue, so treat accordingly.

Wait, you just sunk them into the deck?

Edited by Themorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Themorris said:

Wait, you just sunk them into the deck?

That I did. In their tubes of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thatdude253 said:

That I did. In their tubes of course

Can you send me a pic of it with the hatch open?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thatdude253 said:

This is my AA Corvette with 12 SM-2s. Works totally fine . Imgur link http://imgur.com/a/6saNe

I'm trying to reproduce. have you tried turning off the clearance check? If it works in that case, you may have obstructed the flightpath of the missile somehow.

 

Edited by Themorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Themorris said:

I'm trying to reproduce. have you tried turning off the clearance check? If it works in that case, you may have obstructed the flightpath of the missile somehow.

 

No. When I manually fire them however, it all goes up in smoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thatdude253 said:

No. When I manually fire them however, it all goes up in smoke

I think that is a problem with the ship parts. But I may have a solution for that. Just wait some days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Themorris said:

I think that is a problem with the ship parts. But I may have a solution for that. Just wait some days.

Cool. No worries, not a big deal, just thought you might want to be aware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2016 at 3:56 PM, Noellen said:

Can you make the octagonal radar mounted on uss zumwalt?

Should be an easy one.

Those are included in Master Tech Weapons already my friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2016 at 7:17 PM, V8jester said:

using an I-beam for a back bone. A similar approach may help you remove the flex.

Well, it's a nice idea. I use i-beam as a root part but I may make an upscaled version of it. Awesome Comanche btw.
Problem it, the ship is very heavy, a couple thousands of tonnes. SO even with KJR modified to support Pwings some slight flex is present. I'm now making kind of procedural armor mod based on pwings that adresses their fragility and ultra high buoyancy.

Edited by sashan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noellen said:

thats simply wrong tried it 3 times it wasnt there... also you should consider spending more time on each part since they have poorly made models, doesnt have a texture, or most of the time simply doesnt work at all.

@Themorris considering this ^ are you going to make the octagonal radar, mentioned above?

Ummmm well let's see here:

1- as the person that makes the mod. Yes yes they are there. 

 

2- they are 90% well modeled and textured except for the stragglers that I haven't updated yet due to real life tasks

 

3- You're the only person that is saying that they don't work so I'm gonna with you're doing something wrong. Multiple people have complimented the mod and have no complaints about functionality at all. So that's you. 

 

4- @Themorris I would encourage you to check out my mod and the AN-SPY radars that it already has

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colour isnt texture, i mean the octagonal smooth thing on top of the bridge if i didnt made that clear im sry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Ummmm well let's see here:

1- as the person that makes the mod. Yes yes they are there. 

 

2- they are 90% well modeled and textured except for the stragglers that I haven't updated yet due to real life tasks

 

3- You're the only person that is saying that they don't work so I'm gonna with you're doing something wrong. Multiple people have complimented the mod and have no complaints about functionality at all. So that's you. 

 

4- @Themorris I would encourage you to check out my mod and the AN-SPY radars that it already has

Well, they look alright to me.

@Noellen, don't you find it a bit rude, to talk to someone who makes mods and releases them to public, like that?

Also, the thing on top of the bridge is not the AN/SPY3. It's integrated into the Hull. The thing on the top could be some kind of SatCom array or something like that. So you can't actually see the radar from the outside.

Edited by Themorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Noellen said:

If i was rude i am sorry!

All i wanted to do was to ask for a part.

Then tmasterson says that he already implemented it. 

So i checked out his mod, but i was unable to use it simply cause nothing in his pack fits with any other part i have (mostly stockalike) also he use the same model for all bombs, rocket etc.

Non of this parts is realistc most of them are made up without an idea or simply stolen from other mods.

1 week ago he asked for a tutorial for making turrets, he cannot think hes already done learning this.

Also i asked you, themorris, for a part...

As you continue to be rude lol

They fit fine with stock parts and colors

they don't all use the same model at all actually. If anything they use the same color for the most part due to most weapons being ya know, the same color......

none of them are stolen from other mods so love off with your accusations.

it doesn't take that long to implement the turret into the models and what not. And I never said they were perfect actually but thanks

 

also @Themorris thanks for the defense man. Your stuff looks great and oh okay I misunderstood what he was looking for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Noellen said:

Deleted

Ok look, maybe it can hurt mod authors if you talk about the things  they created in hard work like that. Everybody has a different style there and some are more experienced than others. Unless it's constructive criticism, I would'nt write something bad about a mod.

If you just don't like a mod, so don't comment it, there might be many people, who do.

 

Don't take this the wrong way, I just want to make it clear to you.

Edited by Themorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Themorris said:

Unless it's constructive criticism, I would'nt write something bad about a mod.

If you just don't like a mod, so don't comment it, there might be many people, who do.

Did you forget that i asked you for a part and he "commented" on my post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noellen said:

Did you forget that i asked you for a part and he "commented" on my post?

To be fair, you asked for a part and all TMasterson said was the part he thought you were talking about was already in his mod, and instead of being polite you proceeded to tear his work down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick Q, if you clip the launcher cells into a craft so only the hatches are showing, will the missiles fire ok?

 

EDIT: also found the weapon manager doesnt recognise missiles in the cells, and both the cells and SeaRam when right clicked display turret:false, SeaRam does not traverse/elevate

 

EDIT EDIT: Answer to VLS clipping:yes, with much explodyness and catastrophy, although the missile itself still launches fine

 

Turret:false is a non-issue it seems. 

 

SeaRam turret only stops working after a hyperedit to sea it seems

Edited by Cdodders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.