[1.1.2][BDA 0.11.0.1] MalFunc Weaponry - [R09]:MK29 Launcher and Friends - May 04

Themorris

On 20.9.2016 at 7:19 PM, KodiaksFury said:

Absolutely love your mod man, i don't know what it is about a game that wants you to peacefully explore the universe but it makes me want to project naval supremacy... anyway i was desiring to send some submarines to meet their tiny kerbal god and i have to use the giant ww2 torpedo tubes so i was wondering if you could add a modern torpedo and a mk32 torpedo tube system 

I don't know if torpedo guidance is possible. I think so, but since I don't build subs, the chance is low, that I will build them anytime soon.

Ah well, I can always strap a turret or two on the keel because of the way the bullets work eh? but no worries, thanks for making an awesome mod anyway man! Love being able to outfit my destroyers properly, love the other bd armory expansions too of course, but yours has those real great looking and working yankee boomsticks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20.10.2016 at 9:18 AM, IraqiWalker said:

Quick Question: I completely understand that you're busy, and probably won't be able to give an exact date, but am I correct in assuming you intend to update for 1.2, once the BDAc crew finishes their update?

Have you checked, if something doesn't work? It should work fine still.

22 hours ago, Themorris said:

Hi, I can quite confidently say that 99.9% of weapons mods will work just fine with BDAc's latest update for KSP 1.2.1 and I'd expect that MalFunc will be good ( i know the launch tubes are good as I've used them constantly since adding the mountings to LBP) . There's a slight issue with the FX in that older build weapons made with previous unity versions may have the FX look a little woolly compared to previous versions, but that's it really, everything else is as it was or improved  The construction and methods for Turrets, guns and missiles are untouched and will not require cfg changes or remaking

On 11/8/2016 at 10:28 AM, Themorris said:

The RIM-67B's animation looks like stop motion. It moves at 45deg angles when maneuvering. Some of PEW's missiles do the same thing

Let me know if its not clear on description, I'll take a vid if I get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, KodiaksFury said:

25mm Bushmaster Autocannon?

SM Armory (formerly Boomsticks) has a mk46 Bushmaster turret with a mesh switching base for tall, medium, or short setups, but it's a 30mm. I'd love it if someone made the mk38 mod 2 version of the m242 so I will second this request.

On 11/27/2016 at 1:03 PM, Angstinator said:

Now that The Submarine Pack is included in The Maritime Pack, would you consider creating a submarine VLS section?

Also, because it seems that PEW is dead and buried, would you furthermore consider adding a VLS version of the Tomahawk missile?

PEW isn't dead. @Spannermonkey is maintaining it, he just has a ton of mods he is working on. Last time I checked, everything in the latest release of PEW works in 1.2.1, including the Tomahawk.

5 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

SM Armory (formerly Boomsticks) has a mk46 Bushmaster turret with a mesh switching base for tall, medium, or short setups, but it's a 30mm. I'd love it if someone made the mk38 mod 2 version of the m242 so I will second this request.

PEW isn't dead. @Spannermonkey is maintaining it, he just has a ton of mods he is working on. Last time I checked, everything in the latest release of PEW works in 1.2.1, including the Tomahawk.

Be really great for those Areigh Burkes

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Themorris said:

For now i'm not planning to add new stuff. I'll check the thread from time to time if everything isn't totally broken.

I think you'll be good for a while, BDAc is fighting details right now and there'll be no massive mod breaking changes soon, although there will likely be some balancing reference finally.  If anything shows up that looks like it will have a detrimental effect I'll drop you a PM. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I gather this is the same image you posted on the BDA thread, looks like either you've removed the images OR for some reason the site can't show the images. Without some reference we can't even begin to determine your problem

6EQlRfQ.jpg

jg1ms6G.jpg

Oh.I am sorry . Now look these photos. What is wrong with it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, CaptainOvbious said:

Has anyone else having an issue where the missiles in the VLS tubes destroy themselves when a boat is placed into the water using vessel mover, i've tried it with multiple missiles from multiple mods.

Gotta make sure the missiles are above the waterline when the boat is placed. Conversely, you can bump up their 'crash tolerances' a few m/s to compensate for hitting the water.

15 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Gotta make sure the missiles are above the waterline when the boat is placed. Conversely, you can bump up their 'crash tolerances' a few m/s to compensate for hitting the water.

Ahh i think that might be my problem, i was using the VLS hull from Large Boat Parts and the missiles were below the water i guess its time for a redesign 

On 15/04/2017 at 11:50 PM, -=Bacon=- said:

Is there any chance that this mod will be updated to 1.2, and if it has already been updated where can I find it?

The mod as it is is only dependent on BDA in order to work in any version of KSP,  IF there is a BDA version available for the KSP version you wish to play then this mod and all similar expansions will perform as normal.  There are some minor exceptions but there are no version related problems with this mod that I know of.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@Themorris or anyone with a clue as to how to get in touch.  Would like to very much save this mod from obsolescence/take it under management even temporarily.  Upcoming BDA changes will have an affect on most items contained in the mod, and may mean that functionality is diminished

It's good stuff lets not let it die

Cheers

SM.