Parts I hate.

Triop

1 hour ago, Triop said:

Mk1 Crew Cabin.

Hatch Obstructed. . .

Why, KSP...why ?

^_^

...And yet, you use the part anyway.  ;)

I agree, the lack of hatch is a pain... but other than that, it's a great part, and was sorely needed.  I love this thing, was very happy to see it added to the game.

I hoped that docking port would work the one stackable in the tube

It doesnt :(

It also doesnt work in 1.04

I.tried it..modded it...it still crashed my game

Here lies the truth of the matter

1.04 refuses to contaminate itself with a windowed inescapable coffin

1.05 ..... Well..

Im sorry if you cant revert to 1.04 like I can :)

7 hours ago, Pixel Kola said:

Anything USI or Umbra. That is kraken/crash bait.

Hm?  I use Umbra mods all the time, have had great experience with it, no crash problems.  The only mod I've encountered that seems noticeably crashy is RemoteTech (mainly when comm networks get complex).

Which particular mod(s) do you have trouble with?

Edited by sjwt

4 hours ago, Temeter said:

Just use transfer to move people into exitable pods and everything is fine.

That requires you to free up a space somewhere, which is doable, but annoying (I end up shuffling Kerbals in EVA, and Kerbals aren't very great at stationkeeping).

9 minutes ago, ModZero said:

That requires you to free up a space somewhere, which is doable, but annoying (I end up shuffling Kerbals in EVA, and Kerbals aren't very great at stationkeeping).

Yeah, when needed, I use it with a cargo bay, which doubles the effective length of the part.

I totally love the crew cabin. Not having accessible doors is feature that can be circumvented if you expect it, and can provide you much fun when you don't.

If I had to pick a similar part I dislike, it would be the hitch-hiker can. It's big, bulky and heavy. I assume it's main merit is being comfortable, but no kerbal ever complained to me when they had to spend 40 years in the weight-efective mk1 can.

I also mistrust fuel-cell arrays. It takes my precious fuel that has mass, and turns it into electricity that hasn't. Witchcraft I say!

Edited by Evanitis

7 hours ago, Pixel Kola said:

Anything USI or Umbra. That is kraken/crash bait.

c'mon man, be constructive if you got issues with something.  That's someone's hard work (and this particular someone has done a lot and is now working for Squad) and most of the rest of us don't have issues with them, so maybe you need to check your setup.

2 hours ago, Evanitis said:

I totally love the crew cabin. Not having accessible doors is feature that can be circumvented if you expect it, and can provide you much fun when you don't.

+1 for that album, lols

7 hours ago, Snark said:

The only mod I've encountered that seems noticeably crashy is RemoteTech (mainly when comm networks get complex).

Yeah sadly I've found this too, crashes on scene changes a lot, so I've had to stop using it. :( but it's still one of my fav mods and I'm sure it will get sorted. It does add a lot of complexity so it's not too surprising that it's got issues.  

Edited by sjwt

10 hours ago, suicidejunkie said:

I once accidentally clicked EVA on the portrait of an engineer who was sitting in the cabin.
The airplane promptly shattered like an egg as it hatched a Kerbal.

I haven't played too much with this part... so it does indeed have a hatch? That happens to coincide with the forward attachment node?

6 minutes ago, Laie said:

it does indeed have a hatch? That happens to coincide with the forward attachment node?

It has two hatches, on the forward and backward attachment node. Zero problems if you leave one end open, or have another hatch somewhere on the craft, so you can transfer crew.