Aircraft Carrier - Sea Warrior (STOCK)

Castille7

Sector 7 Space Laboratories Marine Division - Aircraft Carrier

SEA WARRIOR

Sea Warrior is supporting 3 craft all capable of launching from the deck of the Carrier entering the water and returning to air travel, the Stingray and Manta Ray Craft are Submersible Craft. I know mods can get you to the water quickly and load Kermans really quick but I like promoting KSP as Stock so please be patient with the craft it takes some time getting to the water but it's a lot of fun in the end.

Operations:
Right Click the Starboard Engine (Right) when arriving on the Runway and Activate with about quarter to half throttle and this will push the Carrier off to the left of the Runway. Travel on the grass until you reach the coastline. Speed on land was ok under 30 m/s not sure how fast you can travel to the beach, enter the water near 5 m/s not sure how fast the craft can enter without creating damage. With all engines running at full it will run fine but not sure for how long.

Engineer's Report
Mass - 559.7t
Parts - 996
Height - 19.6m
Lenght - 55.2m
Width - 22.2m

Craft File - Sea Warrior

Edited by castille7

7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Not cargo bays, it will destroy itself, empty liquid fuel fuselages, Another good thing 80ms impact resistance, I tried wings at first but I kept going through the deck

I like impact resistance when it comes to hitting the water. I plan to release a Seacraft called Sea Dog and it's hitting at 40ms which isn't too bad because it has cargo bays

Edited by castille7

6 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Not cargo bays, it will destroy itself, empty liquid fuel fuselages, Another good thing 80ms impact resistance, I tried wings at first but I kept going through the deck

Yeah cargo bays are troublesome ... but they give you so much space on the inside :-)

Pretty! And yeah, Mk3 is the way to go to make big carrier decks, be them fuselages or cargo bays. I've dabbled a bit, and I've got huge things with an absolutely ridiculous part count. They are unstrutted blueprints, of course, but... 49 freaking parts for something that size, and looking that carrier-like? Heck yeah.

676UgTb.png

Rune. Cargo ramps make great bows.

Edited by Rune

23 minutes ago, Rune said:

Pretty! And yeah, Mk3 is the way to go to make big carrier decks, be them fuselages or cargo bays. I've dabbled a bit, and I've got huge things with an absolutely ridiculous part count. They are unstrutted blueprints, of course, but... 49 freaking parts for something that size, and looking that carrier-like? Heck yeah.

676UgTb.png

Really nice! If I have a desire to create another Carrier I will use these! I started a Heli-Carrier a while back and haven't went back to it, not sure if I will finish it

iMQvUTB.png

Edited by castille7

4 hours ago, Rune said:

676UgTb.png

DL for that? and a good way to get it in the water?

1 hour ago, YoeriCookie said:

DL for that? and a good way to get it in the water?

Sadly, neither. It is just a very rough sketch of what can be built, as of right now I don't even know if it would work as a static piece of lawn art without blowing itself up. But it should be easy to replicate, I did nothing fancy. Just check the picture for the parts, and note the two Goliaths at the end of adapters to attach the "rudders" from. Those should be enough of a powerplant, but I doubt she'll go far. Also, by the sound of @selfish_meme's comments, cargo bays might not have been the best things to build it out of.

Rune. It may look nice, but you can throw together something like it in five minutes.

Yes, we can, how does it go when you get within physics range, like if you go park it in the water and then fly a plane to it from the runway. The other good reason for MK3 tanks in a big raft is that craft tended to get loaded, lets say, violently. A MK3 tank raft will be fine even without struts. If you have them raised out of the water or other superstructure things can get explodey. have you tested that out or did you just fly off the deck, I did quite a bit of research on this for @inigma's contract pack, and @Azimech will attest to what happens to large structures when you get within physics range.

8 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Yes, we can, how does it go when you get within physics range, like if you go park it in the water and then fly a plane to it from the runway. The other good reason for MK3 tanks in a big raft is that craft tended to get loaded, lets say, violently. A MK3 tank raft will be fine even without struts. If you have them raised out of the water or other superstructure things can get explodey. have you tested that out or did you just fly off the deck, I did quite a bit of research on this for @inigma's contract pack, and @Azimech will attest to what happens to large structures when you get within physics range.

I did test it at the runway with the first testing of the craft launches, because of time consuming trips to the water that was already done during the Hull testing of the Carrier. I was first applying the brakes when arriving on the Runway because the Carrier tends to roll on its own. All the crafts launched without deck damage and also the physics on reentry (F9) after saving the game (F5) can be quite damaging and the craft held up great without damage. During time warps the craft also held strong at full warp, this was done without the aircraft on the deck. Never exploded but it did fly out of the water at high speeds on low fuel. 

7 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Nice carrier!  I like the bridge especially.

Thank you! At first the bridge didn't have windows and when the idea came to mind I added them and thought it was a nice touch

Edited by castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.