Stock satellites not extending

I recently installed RemoteTech. Ever since I have done this the stock satellites have not been extending while in space or on the ground. When I right click on it I do not get the option to extend it instead I get a status/locked notice and no way of changing it. I have no leads as to why this is happening anyone know why?

2 hours ago, Wiggles_ said:

I recently installed RemoteTech. Ever since I have done this the stock satellites have not been extending while in space or on the ground. When I right click on it I do not get the option to extend it instead I get a status/locked notice and no way of changing it. I have no leads as to why this is happening anyone know why?

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "stock satellites" -- maybe you mean "stock antennas"?

Just to be clear:  you're not talking about an uncontrolled ship, are you?  i.e. if you had an unmanned ship with no active antennas, so it's "dead" because you can't control it due to RemoteTech, and that's what's stopping you from activating the antenna?

It sounds like what you're saying is that you have an actively controlled ship (either it has crew on board, or it has some other active antenna), so you have control of the ship, and it's just the antenna that you can't extend because it says somehow that it's locked?

Could you post a screenshot of the problem?

13 hours ago, Snark said:

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "stock satellites" -- maybe you mean "stock antennas"?

Just to be clear:  you're not talking about an uncontrolled ship, are you?  i.e. if you had an unmanned ship with no active antennas, so it's "dead" because you can't control it due to RemoteTech, and that's what's stopping you from activating the antenna?

It sounds like what you're saying is that you have an actively controlled ship (either it has crew on board, or it has some other active antenna), so you have control of the ship, and it's just the antenna that you can't extend because it says somehow that it's locked?

Could you post a screenshot of the problem?

It is an unmanned spacecraft. The antennas that are not included in remote tech will not extend. That is to say, they wont open making it impossible to transmit data and link satellites.

I took a screenshot but It's not letting me post it :/

thanks for the help

Edited by Wiggles_

Antennas on their own do not work immediately. you need to put one of the small "Always on" antennas onto the ship to get it from the surface into space then open the larger antenna once you're clear if the atmosphere. I can;t remember the name but its part of the starting tech you get in a career game.

Just adding to the above post. I found that I could have a 2.5Mm antenna extended all the way through the atmosephere as my only antenna, if I had it protected by fairings. Without fairings it will snap but protected, it stayed on.

Also, to the OP: Look in the upper left. There's an icon there that is either green, yellow or red, Green means you have a good link back to KSC. Red means dead, Make sure you don't lose the link.

Do you mean you've installed RemoteTech, and now can't communicate with satellites which were already in space before you installed it?  If so that's normal, in the standard game antennae only deploy to send data, so you've satellites up with no antenna deployed, meaning you can't send them an order to deploy the antenna

Most of the probe cores have a short range (3km?) comms capability built in in RemoteTech, so one solution is to edit that range to something huge in the save file, this gives you communications to go and activate the antenna, then you can change it back again in the save file.

For screenshots upload them to a photo site like Imgur, or put in a public folder in Dropbox, then use the "Insert other media" button in the bottom right of the reply window.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.