What's the story behind the 'roleplay' guideline?

Evanitis

3 minutes ago, Fraston said:

Maybe you should misinterpret the histories of rules 3.3 and 3.4 while you're at it.

Also this rule has nothing to do about the EULA. 

If you want to roleplay, you're free to do so.  In private, or somewhere else.

I'm confused as to why Rule 2.2 J is a bad thing. There is plenty of kerbal fan fiction in Mission Reports that doesn't involve forum users role playing as kerbals, or creating factions within the forum's user base.

Having dealt with role players in MMO forums, where the forums became an unofficial extension of the game complete with game politics, I welcome a forum free of that nonsense.

ALSO, the iPad I use the forum half the time is owned by a school that is runner by incredible IMBECILES that think reddit is bad, so no, I cannot “rOlePlAy sOmEwhERe elSE”.

Edited by Fraston

13 minutes ago, Fraston said:

Seriously, a great forum was pulverized by “destroyer of fun forums, Snark”  

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/137023-kerbal-support-group/

If you're going to defame him by name, it's only fair to tag @Snark so he can respond.

read this.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/132441-whats-the-story-behind-the-roleplay-guideline/

Some turds ruined an entire forum from having a kind of fun? I want to kick their teeth in. All 4 of their rotten, forum-killer teeth.

You really should have read it. It makes all the points that you're going to re-read in response to your own post.

Edited by HebaruSan

1 hour ago, Fraston said:

ALSO, the iPad I browse use forum half the time is owned by a school that is runner by incredible IMBECILES that think reddit is bad, so no, I cannot “rOlePlAy sOmEwhERe elSE”.

1. Maybe you should find constructive things to do with school property.  I'm sure they would love to know that you're using their equipment to complain about having the ability to use their equipment.

2. Half does not equal all.  Roleplay somewhere else (BTW, there's more to the internet than Reddit) on your time, not the school's.

3. I've been to reddit.  I will support any public school that chooses to ban access to it. 

Edited by Geonovast

Overlapping threads have been merged. 

The behavior exhibited in this thread demonstrates why roleplaying had to be banned on this forum. 

Oh, and Snark just happened to be the moderator who saw that other thread first. He didn't go rogue, the rest of us would have done the same, and there's no reason to single him out for condemnation. 

mmmmmm

(bass-boosted) MMMMMMMMMMM

57 minutes ago, Fraston said:

ALSO, the iPad I use the forum half the time is owned by a school that is runner by incredible IMBECILES that think reddit is bad, so no, I cannot “rOlePlAy sOmEwhERe elSE”.

And, For forum users that didn’t understand that, it means that I use the forum on another device, but I use the district-owned iPad half the time.

Edited by Fraston
MEMZ

20 minutes ago, Fraston said:

As for reddit, there is no reddit access in my house and a few other sites like it. I enforce my own guidelines when it comes to people using my internet connection.

Edited by silverfox101

Okay, this thread has gotten kinda spammy, could we stop posting on it? I bet the mods (snark and vanamonde, I’m looking at you) wouldn’t be happy at the stage of BOTH of these threads.

If you don't want a topic bumped or closed, maybe don't bump a topic by making inflammatory remarks about the moderators.  That both bumps it and makes it more likely to be closed.

Sorry about your tablet.  I feel bad for people who're forced to use these tinkertoy machines in lieu of a real computer.  You might need patience.

Edited by Corona688

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.