Kidonia V 0.3 Beta

Badsector

Kerbalized version of the ship Sidonia from Knight of Sidonia Anime converted in a Heavy Asteroid recycler Ship

THIS UPDATE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER VERSIONS

7oNKva1.jpg

Kidonia is a heavy ship-carrier that relies on asteroid resource extraction

The package include cap with Grappler-Drill, Sas, Command module, Cargo Bay, Science Lab with integrated Nuclear Reactor and Recycler for depletedfuel (nuclear waste), Huge Tank, 3.75m ISRU, Thermal section and Engine

Patch inside for Snacks, SimpleConstruction and for increase mass of asteroids

Dependencies

InterstellarFuelSwitch

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement ? (not a dependency but highly recommended)

Recommended mods

Custom Asteroid

SimpleConstruction

Suggestions

For Place the Grappler inside the cap bay hold ALT+Shift

Cap Bay Doors and Grappler Arm animations are Delayed on this way you can use them in the same ActionGroup

LICENSE: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0

Changelog

Spoiler

V 0.3

Many Changes, not compatible with older version
Added New Cluster Cap for different engines
Grappler is a separate object
Command Pod is now in the forward cap
New CrewCabin
Maintank use interstellarfuelswitch

V 0.2.1

Texture fix
Added EnrichedUranium Tank

V 0.2

Texture Rework
Added Heat Animation for Radiator
Added Jettison Option for UtilityCap

V 0.1.2

Changes to Asteroid mass patch, from 0.75 to 0.1 for fix some troubles with ksp

V 0.1.1

Removed ISRU from fueltank and added a new 3.75m ISRU, better thermal balance, added patch for increase mass of asteroids.

Download ;

GitHub

SpaceDock

Regards

Luca 

Edited by Badsector
New Version

Yay! With Asteroid Cities dead and ART not getting any love these days, i'm definitely looking forward to this mod, especially since Dark Side Tech is quite good.

So, suggestions.

- Habitation module. Pretty obvious.

- EL Workshop/Shipyard/Fabrication module. Asteroids offer wealth of resources that can be utilized for building variety of stuff, especially some ship designs that would never get into orbit otherwise. This would offer huge incentive to catch 'em juicy 'roids.

- SAS and (or?) RCS package. A sort of asteroid-only solution for wrangling XBOXHUEG things under control.

External Hull is 30x18 and at the end is not only for habitat, the only problem is i don't have knowledge for coding and i have to find some solution for solve some design issues.

For who don't know here is where the inspiration come from

sidonia0508.jpg

30 minutes ago, Nightside said:

That is going to look great!

More than great is a crazy project, but thanks to @Angel-125 and Wildbluetools i can go straight forward

Values are crazy like the project, on those screenshoot i have captured one class E asteroid of only 1300 tons (Recommended is over 2500T) and the "little" fuel tank is 5m SpaceY.

That part is only the fueltank of Kidonia

Edited by Badsector

16 hours ago, Shantaboy said:

Its looked ready for a pre-alpha release?

What went wrong?

The problem is that, leave a part without command module clipped with asteroid is cause of Krakken, for that i'm now watching for a different approach.

Edit

I have changed approach, in the next days i release the parts for who wants to try it and after watch for make those parts buildable from asteroids

HDTtanX.jpg

Edited by Badsector

Finally i'm able to put it in game

Now i have to deal with repetitive textures , i'm sorry i have noticed now that i don't have take screenshoot of the grappler and engine exhaust

If i find a solution i want add a replacement for the default asteroid, with less poly and better textured

Edit

Grapple animation and exhaust

Edited by Badsector

37 minutes ago, LaonFox said:

In 146 Shuttle launches I'll have this thing built and ready.

The best is capture one class E asteroid and start build from here, Otherwise you can use SpaceY and get it all in space with one launch

Dude...just dude.

Seriously awesome, nice work.  Any plans for an modular engine section so if we use mods like Interstellar, K+, or Orion we can mount them inside the hull and not ruin the lines? Hmm how many guns can I put on this from BDArmoury...

This appeals to my inner mad scientist...

8 hours ago, Herr Doktor Strangemember said:

Dude...just dude.

Seriously awesome, nice work.  Any plans for an modular engine section so if we use mods like Interstellar, K+, or Orion we can mount them inside the hull and not ruin the lines? Hmm how many guns can I put on this from BDArmoury...

This appeals to my inner mad scientist...

In fact it was planned from the start to have an adapter for orion engine, now i'm doing a big retesturing of the outside hull and after is not that hard add a cluster cap, today or tomorrow probably is ready.

Thanks for the appreciation

Regards

Luca

Edit

Little Preview of the next release

7oNKva1.jpg

Edited by Badsector

Hi, it's me again. I still love the mod been playing with it to get a feel of what is possible: Answer:  A Lot!

But, there is always a but, a few suggestions if you don't mind. Would it be possible to make the parts bigger? I'd like the ability to install 3 rows of 3.75m parts in the cargo bays, it would make stuffing the bays with all kind of useful stuff as well as support craft for exploiting, no wrong word, exploding, no still wrong word, exploring planets. :D

Or perhaps more of a 3.75m-5m-3.75m internal arrangement? I know I'm greedy...

Anyways again thanks for the mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.