The Kerbal History Archive

ANWRocketMan

I haven't played KSP in a long time(since 0.25), mostly due to RAM issues and so on. Recently I made a modded install that's fully functional and doesn't crash(albeit without some of my preferred mods). Anyway I started a new Science-only game in 64K and this thread follows the progress of it.

I will be posting images as if these were real space missions. That means no exterior views unless I'm on EVA with a Kerbal or on the ground on Kerbin(there might be photographers, who knows). I will add additional images of the craft from the VAB and occasionally images from KSP TOT or the map view showing mission plans/trajectories/important encounters. I also use Mechjeb autopilot for launching precisely as I find this much more realistic and enjoyable. Sometimes for non-atmospheric landings I'll use the landing autopilot. Docking and maneuvers I fly myself. I'm not using any visual mods due to RAM restrictions(I only have 4GB in my PC, might expand that within the next couple of months. I tried Scatterer which is beautiful and it worked fine until 2 days ago when it suddenly started lagging the game EXTREMELY for no apparent reason.

Missions:

Explorer I:

1BwD2qH.png

First image transmitted from Low Kerbin Orbit using a Kesselblad-500 camera.

Explorer II:

PFf1sFQ.png

First image of Kerbin from a "High" elliptical orbit.

FarSide-I:

6xkve5k.png

FarSide-I ready to launch atop a Napir-IILB rocket.

TwHiQSj.png

We have lift-off! Night launches are so mesmerizing.

SSePRv6.png

Launch success. I love fine-tuning the MechJeb ascent guidance to get me up there as efficiently as possible.

JomEXmv.png

Transfer burn and encounter. Note to self: Eject payload radially from the orbit stage as they might crash otherwise. had a very near-miss with the spent stage due to bad planning.

G9EboKm.png

Approaching the Mun. The Kesselblad 500 is turning out to be quite a workhorse.

YYtuwJw.png

Great image of the FarSide of the Mun with Kerbin silhouetted in the background.

xJyNITS.png

Gratuitous close-encounter with Minmus on the way out. Seriously, I didn't plan this.

LVKnIfH.png

I wanted to get some extra science from outside the Kerbin system but unfortunately my technology and antennae are not advanced enough to reach that far yet.

Booster Development:

Napir-I:

QKnsRKi.png

2-Stage SLV with 0.6mT payload to LKO.

Napir-IILB:

F7hbOko.png

2-Stage Liquid Fuel Boosted SLV with 1.6mT payload to LKO.

Edited by ANWRocketMan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.