WW2 BAD-T 2 - BDA AI Dogfight Tournament [SEMIFINALS]

tetryds

12 minutes ago, Van Disaster said:

someone could start a BAD-T king of the hill contest to keep things going if people still have 1.0.5 installs.

That is a brilliant idea ... although I haven't really had any problems with BDA in 1.1.2, a KOTH BAD T in 1.0.5 would be awesome

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Tier 2 Standings:

Spoiler
Supreme Champion : IA-7 Brigand III B - @SuicidalInsanity

Worthy Adversary :

Hurles - Bot Richard
Maybe Next Time : W1LC2 21 - @Veeltch

4th place :

ARSH Force One - @luftein

5th place tie :

K-31 Silicon Hunter - @MerlucioElPez
Black Dragon - Bot Mike
F-1 Cobra A - @pyrosheep
Ne Fx2 D13 - @Noir

9th place tie : Arcadia Mk3 - @TangerineSedge
Oscar 27 - @SasquatchM
Yellow Moth - @Pds314
Ko-335 A-1 - @TheSpaceManiac
P-61 Black Widow - @JagerVonSmith
He 112 B-0 - @Brice04
DF-43 Bad Company - @DoctorDavinci
FW190D-9 - @LtColTeddyBear

Edited by DoctorDavinci

On 2016-05-30 at 7:39 PM, Van Disaster said:

We'd need a fixed BDA ( and don't forget BDA behaviour might change too ) so don't get too excited :) someone could start a BAD-T king of the hill contest to keep things going if people still have 1.0.5 installs.

So I have been thinking about this and think it is a great idea as it would keep us all occupied as well as hone all of our skills for the next BAD T ... I am willing to host such a tournament but would need the approval of @tetryds as well as the rest of you to do this

Problem is that everyone who competes would need a 1.0.5 install as well as having the same mod versions. Having a 1.0.5 install I can't help with but I do have an archive of mods for various versions and actually have a zip that is the mods used for BAD T2 and can share a link to it with those who want to compete

As for hosting, we could probably go with the same strategy that is being used in the ASC and have a group of hosts who process the fights.

Should a King of the Hill BAD T tournament be started in a new thread using 1.0.5 and the same mod set as used in BAD T2?

Edited by DoctorDavinci

About the discussion on a possible BAD-T KOTH, if something like that is happening it won't happen here, and I would rather it had another name.

After the tournament is over, some battles that did not happen on the official tournament can be run, just to see how craft performs against each other, which will be open to suggestions, will be neat to beat @ferram4.

But I am not going to compromise running a KOTH tournament, I don't personally like the KOTH style, especially for the "trial and error" nature of it, everything on BAD-T is made in a way that crafts are created through engineering, hard work and strategy, it's impossible to simply slap something together until it beats the previous one still having no idea what you are doing (which IMO can lead to exploiting game mechanics while avoiding breaking the rules), ofc you can still do that to a point, but then you will not know how it will perform against other people's crafts.

KOTH is also a persistence game rather than a design one, and I have already mentioned that BAD-T is all about figuring out which craft is the best.

So, if you want to make a KOTH tournament on 1.0.5 using the BAD-T modpack, go for it, create a thread and find a good name and I can help setting up the rules, but that's all I can do.

Until BDArmory updates again, BAD-T 3 will be on hold, I will improve the engines, maybe tweak some weapons and give the pack a bit of polish before we move on, maybe even make some tutorials if my accent does not get on the way again.

I think you're being a bit overly critical of KOTH - at least for people who like designing planes rather than gimmicky wins - but give a point per win then, and add an extra point for each successive win, that way you really do reward being king & it explicitly rewards broad design. Personally I like the arms-race aspect of it, I learned vast amounts in a pretty short period of time in the last one. Very little gimmickry there either. If there's a queue of craft waiting to fight you won't know who your latest entry is going up against anyway, so building for one opponent won't really work.

Anyway all offtopic, other than yes, stick it in a new thread.

Edited by Van Disaster

On 5/29/2016 at 11:03 PM, tetryds said:

@g00bd0g I know, it's just that I have way too much stuff going on lately so I cannot run as many battles.

But have you learned how to use FAR? You should use the extra time to experiment and learn new techniques, because in the end you will wish there was more time, everybody does :P

@tetryds I have been using FAR for over 2 years and am a real-life aircraft engineer :) Oh, and I just dominated the ASC-II Air Superiority Challenge ;p Looking forward to a fresh new challenge.

@g00bd0g that is nice, I would love to beat you on BAD-T :3

@theonegalen Here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxzJ7NAE_s5PY0xBVkpKLU9INWs

I will update the OP.

I have noticed that the BAD-T propellers pack is really good for building propeller airplanes in general, not only for BAD-T itself, I may request the link to be added together with the original downloads.

You will need the latest firespitter for it to work on 1.1.2, together with this MM patch:

Spoiler

@PART[WizardProp|WidshedProp|GazelleProp|FoxhoundProp|FalconProp|BuzzerProp|BrutusProp]
{
    @MODULE[FXModuleAnimateThrottle]
    {
    dependOnEngineState = True
    dependOnThrottle = True
    }
}

Well, I think I was in fact a bit too harsh about KOTH, ASC is a way to make it, but that would be also too much work for me, and it's really important for me to keep control of everything and run all Tier1 battles by myself.

Especially now that the rules will change a bit towards empowering the person running the battles, which requires 100% trust on the person doing it.

I like both the KOTH and Tournament styles, but the last FAR KOTH got to a point where it wasn't very fun for me anymore. The only thing that seemed to matter was how small your plane's turn radius was and it was getting harder and harder to make improvements. With the current AI pilot though I think a KOTH could be a lot more fun. As long as I get to design planes I will be happy.

Will there be a third tournament? I have stepped in a bit late on this...

EDIT: @tetryds, I am getting an error when I try to open the propeller pack page. What do I do? 

EDIT EDIT: Multiple things are broken; the propellers won't spin and the various AA weapons are a little glichy...

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by TheSealBrigade

On 10. 6. 2016 at 0:15 AM, TheSealBrigade said:

@PART[WizardProp|WidshedProp|GazelleProp|FoxhoundProp|FalconProp|BuzzerProp|BrutusProp]
{
    @MODULE[FXModuleAnimateThrottle]
    {
    dependOnEngineState = True
    dependOnThrottle = True
    }
}

@tetryds, where or how could I apply this? My propellers are not behaving.

It is a Module Manager patch. That means you need to save it as a .cfg file and put that in your GameData folder. You could perhaps put it in the BADTProps folder.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.