OLD VERSION

Spoiler

CRAFT FILE

https://kerbalx.com/He_162/Chengdu-J-20

maxresdefault.jpg

Update log:

V.3

- Re-did the wings again

-Finally fixed the intake to give it the forward slant (like F-35)

-Fixed top of the aircraft, and slanted the body at the top, straitened at the bottom

V.2

-Re-did wings

-fixed internal body structure

V.1

-Introduced main body structure

-made temporary wings

-got it to be stable in flight

Edited by He_162

2 hours ago, AdrianK. said:

Nice craft! I highly suggest that you angle the fuselage wing parts next time though :)

I can, but I am still working on it atm, making it less parts, etc, will probably update it in 1.1

21 hours ago, Majorjim said:

She does look good already He_162. And yeah, a little slant of the wings and fuselage will help complete the look.

20 hours ago, AdrianK. said:

Oh okay, can`t wait to see it finished :)

20 hours ago, AquaAlmond Productions said:

Nice craft, pretty accurate. It would be nice to see the finished result.

WOW! I didn't realize so many people enjoyed my work!

I will work on it today, and upload the v.3 in a bit, Here is the V.1 (first attempt):http://live.warthunder.com/post/358004/en/

3 minutes ago, fireblade274 said:

F-20 superiorrr

The J-20 was designed as a response to the F-35, and it outperforms the F-35.

F-20? wait, what is the f-20?

The tigershark is terrible compared to this...

Edited by He_162

The F-35 was designed as a multirole combat fighter, not specifically a long range fighter bomber. If it does outperform the F-35 cool, I was simply being facetious lol. Yes comparing apples to oranges would be like comparing the F-22 to the J-20, both stealthy yet designed for different things, but i'm fairly certain in a dogfight the F-22 would win and that was my point lol

1 minute ago, fireblade274 said:

The F-35 was designed as a multirole combat fighter, not specifically a long range fighter bomber. If it does outperform the F-35 cool, I was simply being facetious lol. Yes comparing apples to oranges would be like comparing the F-22 to the J-20, both stealthy yet designed for different things, but i'm fairly certain in a dogfight the F-22 would win and that was my point lol

The objective of the stealth is to avoid missile combat, and to allow maneuvering and skill to take over, their pilots would use energy combat, while the F-22 would have to use turn fighting, but supermaneuverability gives them both an extra edge.

Basically, the J-20 is the P-47 to the F-22, which is the A6M zero of world war two.

Except it would be like watching ninja's fight in mid-air.

I looked at the wing again.

It isn't so wide at the tip where the trailing edge meets the leading edge, and the rudders aren't that big.

6c4b761a28b734fe93831e3fb400ce87-chinas-

It actually has a much sharper tip, and many things on the first image are wrong, but I fixed those.

j-20-image30.jpg

Just now, AdrianK. said:

Holy kraken that`s alot of struts! You can probaly reduce the part count by 50 parts if you remove 70% of the struts. You need only a few well placed ones ;)

XNzAQrT.png

I could remove them, yes, but I found that it had wobblyness, if you know what I mean, like it seemed like I was flying jelly, so I introduced strutmageddon to fix that, and I will probably experiment to see how many I can remove :)

As it seems at this moment, all but one of those struts is needed to keep it together in high G environments, and to reduce jelly-ness, and the other one simply re-embraces an object, just incase a wing, or sidepanel comes off.

Soooooo

Just now, He_162 said:

I could remove them, yes, but I found that it had wobblyness, if you know what I mean, like it seemed like I was flying jelly, so I introduced strutmageddon to fix that, and I will probably experiment to see how many I can remove :)

I had the same problem with my Su-27 but I managed to fix the problem with 10 well placed sturts, just experiment as you say and you will manage to remove a ton of struts :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.