I think kerbal space prorgram should have more xenon

I know this may sound silly, but there should be some way, to get xenon from some sort of air intake or something. Also, maybe some different solar panels/ ion engines? I love all of these things. I love efficiency, can you also maybe add just overall more efficient engines? Oh ,and stock life support if u have time *wink*

I understand that it has to be realistic, to me the more realistic the better anyway, thx

-Me-

I would also like to have an ability to harvest xenon from atmospheric bodies. More engines would also be nice. The only engine that I can think of and is semi realistic, and could run on xenon would be VASIMR. Though it would probably need sick amounts of power to run on full thrust. I think nuclear reactors would be needed for those.

On 2/21/2016 at 11:21 PM, Destroyer said:

I know this may sound silly, but there should be some way, to get xenon from some sort of air intake or something. Also, maybe some different solar panels/ ion engines? I love all of these things. I love efficiency, can you also maybe add just overall more efficient engines? Oh ,and stock life support if u have time *wink*

I understand that it has to be realistic, to me the more realistic the better anyway, thx

-Me-

Theres a huge hole when it comes to "alternate propulsion" systems in this game. Theres chemical and xenon, thats it. Not only is that boring but it leaves xenon with very few part options.

I like the idea of more solar panels, we are getting a few extra parts with the next update (Asteroid day integration brings flat big panels) and more ion or alternative option engines.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SR said:

I agree Xenon is unusable for any base, as it needs to be launched from Kerbin.

I agree. Seriously, how hard would it be to implement xenon mining? It would balance itself if they just added that feature right.

Add atmosphere scoops, make xenon extraction power hungry, possible only on atmospheric bodies (excluding Kerbin, of course) and atmosphere density dependent. That way getting it back from Laythe would require you to have A LOT of solar panels/RTGs on the surface and you can't take off from Eve that easily, so the only profitable colony would be Duna. IMO it's a good alternative if you don't want to grind your way through career.

Or just leave us with 'The Contracts O'Random', because they are so much fun.

Edited by Veeltch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.