[WIP] [1.0.5] [Kopernicus] Kluster v0.0.1

Planetace

Welcome to Kluster, a new, WIP mod that will add not 1, but 2 galaxies to the game! the main galaxy, Miluwy pass galaxy. will be the galaxy where the small, Megtellastic Storm galaxy would orbit!

What`s going to be in Kluster?

Red: Not complete / Not in development

Purple: In development

Blue: Near Completion / Beta Test

Green: Completely Done and dusted / Finished

Saugi Awn: the Miluwy pass` supermassive black hole, it will measure at about 26421561552 meters in diameter, and its escape velocity at its surface will be 299792458 meters, AKA at the speed of light. saugi awn will also include a immense `ring` system.

---Alphua: The Megtellastic Storm`s Supermassive black hole, measuring at about 1827356214 meters in diameter, its escape velocity at its surface is also at the speed of light. This would be what kerbol orbits. it will orbit Saugi Awn.

------Kerbol: No info required. Just orbits Alphua. (its red as its orbit has not been developed yet)

------Poait: a medium sized purple star, for hundreds of years kerbals thought it was a giant egg awaiting fertilization, thinking a great and powerful creature would arise from it, however. scientists dismissed that idea quickly. Poait will be 45000000m in width, and would be bright purple. It will also include a small system of planets.

---------Koriand'r: a wierd world orbiting Poait, it has pink oceans and green + orange landscape. it is very hospitable due to its lovely oxygen rich atmosphere (which is purple). but it has 3x the gravity of kerbin. it hosts a lot of lifeforms, scientists at KASA wonder if the color of the oceans are the cause of life. its diameter is around 1200km. and has 3 moons.

------------Troq: a hostile moon, due to tidal influence of nearby moons and  Koriand'r, it is highly volcanic, it has large seas of magma, rivers and alike. It is 320 km in diameter, and has no atmosphere. it is in a highly eliptical orbit

------------silasyrhc: a weird world, it has massive mountain ranges, and a thin atmosphere (which doesn't contain oxygen). it is very cold, and somehow had captured a large asteroid, it is 275km in diameter

---------------Sola: a small asteroid, around 89km in diameter, it is heavily cratered and mountainous. it has no atmosphere.

------------kitoail: the largest moon, some kerbal scientists cant decide whether to change it from `moon` status to `binary planet` status, it is a large world, also containing life. it has massive blue oceans and massive continents, it is 800km is diameter, it however has 2x the gravity, so landing and launching is just as hard as eve! it also has a oxygen rich atmosphere.

---------Savaos: a massive, and i mean MASSIVE gas giant, around 2200000m in diameter, and whats more, ITS EXTREMELY CLOSE TO POAIT. around 1210510 km away from the star. a day here is as long as its year, 2 days, 3 hours and 29 minutes. and it has some moons. it was discovered 30 years ago.

------------Rith: its orbit takes 2 days, 3 hours and 29 minutes, and due to this is technically tidally locked with poait,  it hangs permanently in the shadow of savaos, never being hit by daylight or heat, it is as cold as ice, actually its colder than, around that of -182*C. it also has oceans of liquid oxygen.

More bodies are going to be added later, but feel free to suggest your own ideas, because you never know if your idea is gold!

Screenshots

N/A, The mod has not been developed yet.

Developers

GalacticVoyager - Founder, Tester, Main Planet Creator

ProtoJeb21 - Co-Owner, Main Planet Developer, Main Coder

License

88x31.png

Feel free to share your thoughts on this mod, we are aiming for a quite unique mod that includes many worlds that would look weird or bizarre to other people!

Kluster suggestion thread and development!

Edited by Planetace

4 minutes ago, Sequinox said:

Wow. Stumbled across this right when you posted the thread. I'm interested in seeing this play out, so you can have my follow.

This mod was an idea of mine, however there was 1 slight problem.... i didn't know how to code. So i found a budding, very good coder on the forums and told him about the idea, and to my surprise. he responded (that`s protojeb21). Anyways now we are starting development of the mod, and i hope it would turn out great, also, there is a few easter eggs in the naming. can you guess what the planets names are referencing to?

Edited by Planetace

18 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

This mod was an idea of mine, however there was 1 slight problem.... i didn't know how to code. So i found a budding, very good coder on the forums and told him about the idea, and to my surprise. he responded (that`s protojeb21). Anyways now we are starting development of the mod, and i hope it would turn out great, also, there is a few easter eggs in the naming. can you guess what the planets names are referencing to?

So you essentially do the testing, planet creating, and thread maintaining? Cool.

Also, I know you don't have any work up right now, but I would recommend that you go ahead and put a license up.

Also, if I may give some constructive criticism on the thread, it looks a little to colorful and cluttered. The formatting is really weird on the "What's going to be in Cluster?" list. I would recommend a darker color of green as well as a darker color of red. Underline the titles in that list(eg: Saugi Awn) .

I do like, however,

30 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

The Megtellastic Storm`s Supermassive black hole,

This is very interesting. Black holes in KSP would definitely be something else.

I've been working on the lighting for Poait. Because I was too lazy to make a new star, I just used Kittopia on Kerbol to produce purple lighting. The results could not have been better. I first thought it would turn out a dark purple, like this one rogue planet. However, the Poait-colored Sun shines a beautiful neon-purple/pink color. And surprisingly, it could be somewhat realistic for hyperactive O-Type supergiants. My only gripe about Poait 1.0 is how it makes the planets TOO purple. Here's a pic (Note: that white orbit is Erios, a dwarf planet from Outer Reaches):

EsCeHJY.png

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

If anyone wants to know the scale of this mod, these galaxies will be HUGE. I'm thinking that the Miluwy Pass will be 200 light-years wide, and the Megtellastic Storm will be 50-75 light years wide. Better get the Interstellar mod!

Thats great! Cant wait to try it! One reccomendation though, Real life stars take so long to orbit the galactic core that you dont need to factor in orbital physics when going from one star to another, I would suggest you do this with your mod by reducing the gravity of the core.

On 2/28/2016 at 3:07 PM, daniel l. said:

Thats great! Cant wait to try it! One reccomendation though, Real life stars take so long to orbit the galactic core that you dont need to factor in orbital physics when going from one star to another, I would suggest you do this with your mod by reducing the gravity of the core.

Well, the galactic cores are going to be a little complicated. @Galacticvoyager and I have decided that each galaxy will have their own body (one named "Miluwy Pass", etc.), and overlapping that body will be the black hole(s). The holes will have thousands of times more gravity than Kerbol, but their SOIs will be rather small. This way it won't be impossible to leave the galaxy. The Galactic Core Bodies (GCB's) will have somewhat low gravity where it is realistic to our own universe but not TOO low. Their SOI's will be the diameter of the galaxy. The escape velocities will be similar to our own Milky Way.

the mod is highly in test mode, only people who are part of the developing team are allowed to test and work on the mod.

however, if you show some of your skills on modding (make a planet will do that nicely and post a image of it in the suggestion thread for kluster) then i might add you to the developing team...

• 2 months later...

We have some progress, silasyrhc has a new, working texture that looks really nice. But protojeb is working on a theory of his. However, we do appreciate others joining in with this mod, providing you can create at least one celestial body for the mod. (I would appreciate ideas for the mod as well!)

Edited by Planetace

On 5/23/2016 at 11:27 PM, Galacticvoyager said:

We have some progress, silasyrhc has a new, working texture that looks really nice. But protojeb is working on a theory of his. However, we do appreciate others joining in with this mod, providing you can create at least one celestial body for the mod. (I would appreciate ideas for the mod as well!)

I've finished the theory...around the time 1.1 came out. I won't be able to work on the Poait system until Kittopia Tech is updated.

On 5/24/2016 at 9:33 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

I've finished the theory...around the time 1.1 came out. I won't be able to work on the Poait system until Kittopia Tech is updated.

Oh, that's the reason that the progress has been halted! At least it was quicker than expected :D

Edited by Planetace

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok we have news, the mod is being revised... But it's going to be more revamped. More different, familiar planets will still be part of the mod, but they are going to become more... Unique...

Also, the mod will be on a new thread as this mod is going to change a lot...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.