Matt Lowne's SSTO Emporium

Matt Lowne

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Matt. 20 kerbals to the Mun in an SSTO was good, but not enough. OK so 40 kerbals to the Mun is fine. But still not enough! So 40 kerbals to Duna! STILL NOT ENOUGH! MOAR! 60 Kerbals to the Mun. Seriously? -_- What is the point of all this, Matt? When will it all end? Will there be an 80 kerbals to Mun after the 60 kerbals to Duna? Hmm? I don't get it. I just don't get it.

If you couldn't tell, this is a joke. :P 

Fire

I have a thing for small stuff, why not make a small SSTO? Cargo SSTOs can have these SSTOs in the cargo bays. A suggestion: The next Artemis class SSTO could be one of the cargo SSTOs. If any SSTO could change, I would make it easier to handle, for the hand full of beginners at flying these "birds", like me. Also for the next Artemis SSTO. Also, how to make one of these tiny SSTOs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 0:39 PM, Matt Lowne said:

It was, but I thought it more appropriate to have it in a standalone video :P

Hey, Matt, i have a challenge for you (inspired by your SSTO to Eeloo video): given that in this mission you use Kerbin as a gravity assist and Kerbals complain about everything, it stands to reason that the Kerbals wouldnt have had to make the preceding interplanetary journeys, and might have insisted on boarding the SSTO during the gravity assist at Kerbin. So, i challenge you to dock with a craft that is on an escape trajectory at interplanetary speeds :) 

On 19/02/2017 at 5:29 PM, jcthemc said:

Hey Matt,

What is the ascent profile for the engadine? and when do you use which engine?

Love your videos, they've been really helpful.

Best, JC

I haven't flown the Engadine for a long time so not sure what ascent profile I used when I filmed it. Have a look at my Odyssey/Archangel videos for a good ascent profile for large SSTOs though!

I haven't got a youtube account but I wanted to ask you this question regarding your latest Expedition Eve video.

Do I sense some inspiration from that 'plot' about aliens where you decode this strange series of sounds coming from that pyramid on Duna, which basically showed an 8-bit animation of alien egyptians praising a pyramid? EDIT: The one that was never implemented?

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

6 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I haven't got a youtube account but I wanted to ask you this question regarding your latest Expedition Eve video.

Do I sense some inspiration from that 'plot' about aliens where you decode this strange series of sounds coming from that pyramid on Duna, which basically showed an 8-bit animation of alien egyptians praising a pyramid? EDIT: The one that was never implemented?

No, not really a reference to anything, I do have a plan for how this will pan out though! I don't expect there to be more than 2-4 more episodes of Expedition Eve :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Matt, you awesome SSTO constructor, how can I get my own SSTO's to work? I followed what you did on your first tutorial (ok, well, maybe not all of the details) but it won't achieve orbital speeds. The apoapsis is always too low (at least 30,000m short).

5 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Throttle too low?

Throttle at max, dude. I mean, I know for sure it's a problem on my end and that I probably just suck, because these look really well built.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.