Change Light Color in Flight

I second this suggestion.  I'm not so concerned about changing color, but there have been many times docking when I started to get close and my spots got too bright.  I really wish I could dim my lights down without having to add a second dimmer set. 

I started using Minimum Ambient Lighting not only because of the too bright lights, but also because my laptop doesn't like the lights anyway. Lights on = lag. Lights off = no lag.  I could probably poke and prod the graphics settings to make stuff better, but I'm lazy. Hope 1.1 will make this stuff better.

14 hours ago, Otis said:

I could probably poke and prod the graphics settings to make stuff better, but I'm lazy. Hope 1.1 will make this stuff better.

Unlikely, there will be few if any changes to that in 1.1. AFAIK the only noteworthy visual change we should be expecting in 1.1 is the rebuilt UI.

Pixel lights (e.g. spotlights) are pretty computationally expensive by their nature, especially on integrated laptop chips, where fillrate is in short supply. You can reduce the Pixel Light count in your settings (the only setting that would affect this), though with the obvious consequence that the lights will look crappy.

At some point in the future, I believe there are plans to take advantage of Unity 5's physically based rendering (which will make everything look AMAZING), but that will definitely not be happening in 1.1 (and, if anything, is likely to put more stress on the graphics hardware).

Edited by StarManta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.