[Kopernicus] [1.2.1] Xen's Planet Collection (5 mods, 11 bodies)

Xenonclave

1PYws6v.jpgPFt4fbS.jpgGHxmpkx.jpgy7Ti16W.jpgwmd7b9M.jpg

Xen's Planet Collection:

Hey! This is a collection of stock-alike and (mostly) procedurally-generated Kopernicus planet mods I've created. They can be downloaded separately, but I plan to later add one download for all of them. All of the mods work independently of each other, so if you don't want to download all of them you don't have to. 

Download link: SpaceDock (I'm no longer updating the CurseForge mirrors, it's too much extra work for very little gain)

Requires: Kopernicus

Mod Support:

- If installed with Outer Planets Mod, only Kyx and Beros will be added, and will orbit Plock.

- If installed with SigmaBinary, Eeloo and Alu will orbit a barycenter between them.

- Other mod support is planned but I'm too busy to implement it all properly.

Installation:
- Install Kopernicus (v1.2.1-1)
- Drag XPC folder into KSP's GameData folder (If the folder already exists, merge them and allow it to replace any old files).
- Enjoy!

Current mods:

- Mios system (1 planet, 2 moons) v0.5

- Moons of Eeloo (3 moons, changes to Eeloo) v0.6

- Richell system (1 planet, 1 moon) v0.2

- Moons of Eve (2 moons) v0.1

Moons of Duna (1 moon, rings around Duna) v0.1

Future Plans (v1.0):

- Settings.cfg file which can be edited to chose which planets you want enabled 

- Configs for Distant Object Enhancement and Planet Shine 

- Additional science reports + science reports for Dmagic Orbital Science

- Delta V map including all added bodies + documented transfer windows

- Planned additions to each body (almost all bodies will receive added procedural craters):

- Mios: Oxygen atmosphere, more varied terrain + Serc will have three massive craters

Eeloo: Change Eeloo's texture + possibly add liquid nitrogen oceans (like Pluto may have had previously)

- Eve: Add changes to Eve and Gilly + rearrange the orbits of all moons

- Duna: Big changes to Nyke's appearance + minor changes to Ike

- Richell: Add another moon

- Minor Planets (new): Add analogues for Vesta and Ida/Dactyl

(Italicized/underlined features are done)

**Community-made Mission Reports**:

See photo albums of the mods in action!

Extended Kerbol System Exploration by eloquentJane features the planet collection alongside the Outer Planets mod and potentially others.

====================================================================

The Mios System Mod:

The Mios System Mod currently adds one planet with two of it's own moons between the orbits of Dres and Duna. This is my first mod so please, constructive criticism is very much welcome!

PFt4fbS.jpg

Spoiler

Download link: SpaceDock

Mod Support:

- None currently

Installation:
- Install Kopernicus (v1.0.3)
- Drag XPC folder into KSP's GameData folder (If the folder already exists, merge them and allow it to replace any old files).
- Enjoy!

XNK7goL.jpg zHv1TJz.jpg fPqHcL9.png

Mios

Glac Serc

Mios: Mios is a medium sized planet orbiting just past Duna. It's equator is covered in a blue ocean, whereas it's poles feature massive icecaps comparable to Duna's. Around it orbits a ring system, as well as two moons.

Glac: Glac is a tiny moon with barely any gravity. Despite this, it has somehow maintained a very spherical shape. It's icy surface is cracked, and it is fated to eventually break apart and become part of Mios' rings.

Serc: Serc orbits much farther from Mios than Glac does. It also rotates around Mios and it's own axis in the wrong direction. It's retrograde motion and strange composition suggests it is a captured moon.

Photos: 

Changelog:

Spoiler

=====================
v0.5 [KSP 1.1.2] [Kopernicus v1.0]
- Updated to KSP 1.1.2 and Kopernicus 1.0
- Minor tweaks
=====================
v0.4 [KSP 1.0.5] [Kopernicus v0.6]
- Fixed Mios' scaled space texture to have reflective oceans
- Added islands to Mios
- Modified orbital characteristics
- Made Glac reflective
- Removed oxygen from Mios' atmosphere
- Minor alternations to science definitions
- Fixed science values for all bodies
=====================
v0.3 [KSP 1.0.5] [Kopernicus v0.6]
- Asteroids now spawn within Mios' rings
- Added support for Distant Object Enhancement
- Added support for PlanetShine
- Some minor changes
=====================
v0.2 [KSP 1.0.5] [Kopernicus v0.6]
- Adds heightmap-based cracks to Glac
- Rougher surface for Glac
- Updated biome map for Glac
- Science definitions for all new bodies
=====================
v0.1 [KSP 1.0.5] [Kopernicus v0.6]
- Initial Realease
- Adds Mios, Glac, Serc

Moons of Eeloo Mod:

I hate to say it, but Eeloo looks pretty... boring. And seeing as it is (most of the time) the farthest planet from Kerbin I've never felt the urge to actually visit it. I made this mod to make Eeloo a lot more interesting, by adding 3 new moons and an atmosphere to Eeloo.

1PYws6v.jpg

Spoiler

Mod Support:
- If installed with Outer Planets Mod, only Kyx and Beros will be added, and will orbit Plock.

- If installed with SigmaBinary, Eeloo and Alu will orbit a barycenter between them.

Installation:

- Install Kopernicus (v1.0.3)
- Enjoy!

mrNS9rN.jpg 97zeszj.png hTV7Isy.png

Alu

Beros Kyx

Alu: Alu is a Charon analogue. It's radius is half that of Eeloo's, and with the Sigma Binary mod installed they function as a proper binary system. It has a very crated surface with large areas of snow and ice - likely frozen nitrogen.

Beros: Beros is a captured asteroid in orbit around Eeloo-Alu. It's surface is dented and cratered from the impacts it sustained while ariving in the Eeloo system, likely knocking out previous moons which had been in orbit around the dwarf planet.

Kyx: Kyx is a tiny Gilly-like moon around Eeloo-Alu. For now it's a lumpy, colourful space rock. I hope to make it more interesting in the future.

Photos: 

Changelog:

Spoiler

=====================
v0.6 [KSP 1.1.2] [Kopernicus v1.0]
- Fixed OPM and SigmaBinary compatibility 
=====================
v0.5 [KSP 1.1.2] [Kopernicus v1.0]
- Minor tweaks
=====================
v0.4 [KSP 1.0.5] [Kopernicus v0.6]
- Thickened Eeloo's atmosphere
- Fixed Eeloo's temperature
- Changed Alu's texture (more contrast btwn ice and dirt)
=====================
v0.3 [KSP 1.0.5] [Kopernicus v0.6]
- Compatable with OPM
- Minor science definition changes
=====================
- Asteroids now spawn around Eeloo
- Added support for Distant Object Enhancement
- Added support for PlanetShine
- Biome maps added
- Some minor changes
=====================
- Initial Realease
- Adds Alu, Beros and Kyx in orbit around Eeloo
- Slight increase to Eeloo's size and mass
- Adds a thin atmosphere to Eeloo

The Richell System Mod:

This was my entry to the second contest of the Kopernicus Creativity Marathon. I have since given it a moon, Iber. Richell orbits between Dres and Jool and has large polar oceans and a thick atmosphere (inspired by Saturn's moon Titan).

y7Ti16W.jpg

Spoiler

Mod Support:

- None currently

Installation:

- Drag Richell folder into KSP's GameData folder.
- Enjoy!

2dqkTyX.jpg XVHjyE5.jpg  

Richell

Iber  

Richell: Richell is characterized by two large polar oceans, periodic islands and a supercontinent spanning its equator. Its oceans are heated by radioactive elements decaying in its crust, making it a possibly hazardous place to visit. Due to its proximity to the asteroid belt, it is covered in craters. Unlike most planets, it rotates around its axis in the direction opposite its orbital rotation.

Iber: Iber is Richell's small moon. Its gravity helps shepherd Richell's complex ring system, while its similar composition to the planet suggests a common origin.

Photos: 

Changelog:

Spoiler

=====================
v0.3 [KSP 1.1.2] [Kopernicus v1.0]
- Changed file structure
- Minor tweaks
=====================
v0.2 [KSP 1.0.5]
- Fixed Iber's biomes
=====================
- Initial Realease
- Adds Richell and Iber

Moons of Eve Mod:

This mod adds two new moons to Eve.

uBnlgLw.jpg

Spoiler

Download link: SpaceDock

Mod Support:
- None currently

Installation:

- Enjoy!

7JK3zFZ.jpg LgAchg3.jpg  

Neith

Aden  

Neith: Neith is a tiny moon, although still bigger than Gilly. The two moons orbits occasionally cross, but their large relative inclinations prevent collisions.

Aden: Aden's green colouration greatly contrasts with the purple of its primary, Eve. Compared to Eve's harsh landscape, Aden offers a nice alternate destination.

Photos: 

Changelog:

Spoiler

=====================
v0.2 [KSP 1.1.2] [Kopernicus v1.0]
- Added science definitions
- Fixed science values
- Fixed gravity values
=====================
- Initial Realease
- Adds Nieht and Aden

Moons of Duna Mod:

This mod adds a new moon to Duna, as well as a ring system.

Qlnjiqo.jpg

Spoiler

Download link: SpaceDock

Mod Support:
- None currently

Installation:

- Enjoy!

4gtEmbi.jpg ENGiDLJ.jpg  

Duna

Nyke  

Duna: Showcased here with it's new ring system, inspired by the notion that Mars' moon Phobos may in many many years break apart into a ring.

Nyke: A moon of Duna and Trojan moon of Ike. The gravitational forces of the two other bodies have stretched it into an oblate spheroid.

Photos: 

Changelog:

Spoiler

=====================
v0.3 [KSP 1.2.1] [Kopernicus v1.2.1-1]
- Added Setting.cfg file
- Added configs for DOE and Planet Shine
- Changes to Eve system
=====================
v0.2 [KSP 1.1.2] [Kopernicus v1.0]
- Added science definitions
- Fixed science values
=====================
- Initial Realease
- Adds Nyke
- Gives rings to Duna

Acknowledgements:

- The Kopernicus team (Thomas P., NathanKell and KillAshley)

- Especially big thanks to the creation of Kopernicus Examples which are soooo helpful
- The White Guardian, whose PQSMod tutorials started me off
- Sigma, for creating the Sigma Binary mod
- r4m0n for his FloatCurve editor

- CaptRobau's Outer Planets Mod, which inspired me to create a Kopernicus mod
- Probably more people but I can't think of any

Edited by Xenonclave

Woah nice! i like the designs. although here are my opinions on the planets and other stuff:

- Dont include easter eggs in the planned features list, as its giving away the fact the mod HAS them. and easter eggs are made to be find without anyone knowing, so disguise it. dont talk about it BUT include it...

-Mios is kinda unoriginal, a lot of mods have ocean planets with immense ice caps with a large ocean wrapping around the equator, though mios` color scheme is BEAUTIFUL however..

-Glac is more original, asteroid moon that, although too small to create a spherical shape, has a slightly spherical shape! thats quite good!

-Serc is beautiful, a lot of blue. i dont know what makes it blue, but its probably ice! its a ok moon also, not a lot of biomes though...

7 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Woah nice! i like the designs. although here are my opinions on the planets and other stuff:

- Dont include easter eggs in the planned features list, as its giving away the fact the mod HAS them. and easter eggs are made to be find without anyone knowing, so disguise it. dont talk about it BUT include it...

-Mios is kinda unoriginal, a lot of mods have ocean planets with immense ice caps with a large ocean wrapping around the equator, though mios` color scheme is BEAUTIFUL however..

-Glac is more original, asteroid moon that, although too small to create a spherical shape, has a slightly spherical shape! thats quite good!

-Serc is beautiful, a lot of blue. i dont know what makes it blue, but its probably ice! its a ok moon also, not a lot of biomes though...

Thanks! I might want to update Mios eventually to change it up more, glad you like the colours though! Good point on the ice moon though, I think I'll add some craters and more visible cracks in order to spice up the biome mapping - currently it has some lame placeholder biome map for lowlands and highlands

7 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

That looks awesome! Does Mios have oxygen in it's atmosphere?

As of right now, no, although I may consider adding that in the future.

Currently I'm trying to get it put up on CurseForge for downloading, but that's taking a while to get approved... In the meantime I'll see about making a few more touches to the planet. Thanks so much for the feedback!

I did a little work on the mod today, and changed up the landscapes for Glac and Serc to try to make them more interesting (and to create reasons to add more biomes for them). Here are some side by side comparisons between the current versions and the ones I just made:

k9kSHJi.jpgrGBZajx.png

TqH2U2R.jpghU3VIET.png

The new ones are on the left and the old ones are on the right. I made Glac's surface much more cracked and beat up, and made Serc have a much less uniform shape as well as adding a lot of craters. Next up is Mios, which I'm working on now

19 hours ago, Xenonclave said:

I did a little work on the mod today, and changed up the landscapes for Glac and Serc to try to make them more interesting (and to create reasons to add more biomes for them). Here are some side by side comparisons between the current versions and the ones I just made:

k9kSHJi.jpgrGBZajx.png

TqH2U2R.jpghU3VIET.png

The new ones are on the left and the old ones are on the right. I made Glac's surface much more cracked and beat up, and made Serc have a much less uniform shape as well as adding a lot of craters. Next up is Mios, which I'm working on now

Those look really nice! Three questions:

1. What's the resolution for Serc's maps? It looks a little...weird. I've had the same issue before, too.
  2. How did you get those craters so non-glitchy?
  3. What PQSMod did you use to give Glac its fissures?

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Those look really nice! Three questions:

1. What's the resolution for Serc's maps? It looks a little...weird. I've had the same issue before, too.
  2. How did you get those craters so non-glitchy?
  3. What PQSMod did you use to give Glac its fissures?

On Glac and Serc I used 1024x512 height maps to add the fissues and massive craters, respectively, and then overlaid them with a bunch of PQSmods. I don't know whether or not that's inefficient but I couldn't figure out how to make it work with just PQSmods.

The craters are hard to get nice, I can show you the code from Glac for it:

Spoiler

VoronoiCraters
                {
                    colorOpacity = 0.9
                    DebugColorMapping = False
                    deformation = 60
                    jitter = 0.1
                    jitterHeight = 3
                    rFactor = 1
                    rOffset = 1
                    simplexFrequency = 0
                    simplexOctaves = 1
                    simplexPersistence = 0.5
                    simplexSeed = 123123
                    voronoiDisplacement = 0.01
                    voronoiFrequency = 5
                    voronoiSeed = 555
                    order = 100
                    enabled = True
                    CraterCurve
                    {
                        key = -0.9982381 -0.7411783 -0.06500059 -0.06500059
                        key = -0.9332262 -0.7678316 -0.2176399 -0.2176399
                        key = -0.8990405 -0.7433339 -2.560626 -2.560626
                        key = -0.7445966 -0.8581167 0.4436148 0.4436148
                        key = -0.4499771 -0.1392395 5.289535 5.289535
                        key = -0.4015177 0.2551735 9.069458 -2.149609
                        key = -0.2297457 0.002857953 -0.4453675 -0.4453675
                        key = 0.2724952 0.00423781 -0.01884932 -0.01884932
                        key = 0.9998434 -0.004090764 0.01397126 0.01397126
                    }
                    JitterCurve
                    {
                        key = -1.000701 0.4278412 0.1577609 0.1577609
                        key = -0.7884969 0.09487452 -0.7739663 -0.7739663
                        key = -0.6091803 0.072019 0.123537 0.123537
                        key = -0.3930514 0.3903495 3.300831 3.300831
                        key = -0.3584836 0.8643304 0.07139917 0.07139917
                        key = -0.2988068 0.002564805 -0.01814346 -0.01814346
                        key = 0.9970253 0.003401639 0 0
                    }
                }

The curves are the same as the Mun. I think the only difference between mine and those on the Mun is that I set the simplexFrequency to 0 and the voroniDisplacement to 0.01 (makes them less jittery) and keep the deformation relatively low.

6 minutes ago, Xenonclave said:

The curves are the same as the Mun. I think the only difference between mine and those on the Mun is that I set the simplexFrequency to 0 and the voroniDisplacement to 0.01 (makes them less jittery) and keep the deformation relatively low.

Hmm...that's stuff I've never tried to do with my craters. I'll test it out, thanks!

Having trouble getting the large craters on Serc to work... They look great from afar, but once you get close enough they become horribly pixelated from the heightmap... I'll be working on finding a way around that. In the meantime I've written up custom science definitions and made a proper temperature curve for Mios' atmosphere.

Since this is just an add-on development thread, I was thinking maybe I'd post other planet projects here as well. I've been working on making moons for Eeloo, so when they're done maybe they'll show up here

Serc's craters aren't working out - using a heightmap for them makes them look good at a distance, but upclose they look horribly pixelated. Meanwhile using PQSMods for it makes them look great upclose, but makes them not appear in the scaledspace view. So I'm tabling that for now and I'll release v0.2 with finished science definitions and updated surfaces for Glac and Serc when I gather the motivation to go at it again (literally spent hours earlier with no results on Serc).

In the meantime though here are some moons I made for Eeloo (Alu, Beros and Kyx, in that order):

0yqSIFc.jpg

uXFBh3I.jpg

BMBvVPA.jpg

The first (Alu) is a Charon analogue while the other two are analogues for Pluto's four other moons. Their appearances aren't really based on Pluto's actual moons, seeing as Eeloo itself isn't even truly based on Pluto anyway. Currently I have them all orbiting a barycenter between Beros and Kyx (made using Sigma Binary). I'm pretty happy with how they turned out but as always I'm open to suggestions on how to improve them :)

Updated the first post with 1) v0.2 of Mios and 2) v0.1 of Moons of Eeloo. I haven't had a lot of time to do a lot of work on anything, because of school and other real life things which are slightly more important than Kerbal.

(As of me posting this, the Eeloo mod download isn't online but it hopefully will be soon)

MoE Changelog:

=====================
- Initial Realease
- Adds Alu, Beros and Kyx in orbit around Eeloo
- Slight increase to Eeloo's size and mass
- Adds a thin atmosphere to Eeloo

Mios Changelog:

=====================
- Adds heightmap-based cracks to Glac
- Rougher surface for Glac
- Updated biome map for Glac
Edited by Xenonclave

@Xenonclave Ooh, those Eeloo moons look nice! Keep up the good work! Although...

1. Alu looks a little too much like Plock from OPM. Then again, it's still the first version of your mod.
  2. Beros and Kyx look weird again, like Serc. I've had that issue with my moon Fazz. I'll look for a way to fix it, since I also want to prevent it in IA-Revived.

10 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@Xenonclave Ooh, those Eeloo moons look nice! Keep up the good work! Although...

1. Alu looks a little too much like Plock from OPM. Then again, it's still the first version of your mod.
  2. Beros and Kyx look weird again, like Serc. I've had that issue with my moon Fazz. I'll look for a way to fix it, since I also want to prevent it in IA-Revived.

Hmm... I never noticed the similarity until you mentioned it. I'll definitely change it up in the next update

I'll look into fixing up the textures for Beros and Kyx too, plus biome maps and science definitions and all that 

@Xenonclave Good news! I found a way to fix the enlarged surface-tex issues with Serc, Beros, and Kyx! With the second copy of Vertex Simplex Height Absolute, make sure that the octaves and frequency values are over 3. Keep the frequency rather high, like over 2000 (no, that's NOT an "Over 9,000" reference).

2 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@Xenonclave Good news! I found a way to fix the enlarged surface-tex issues with Serc, Beros, and Kyx! With the second copy of Vertex Simplex Height Absolute, make sure that the octaves and frequency values are over 3. Keep the frequency rather high, like over 2000 (no, that's NOT an "Over 9,000" reference).

Just tried it, but it only seems to work when close to the moon, and the textures stay weird when far away... Maybe I'm doing it wrong, can you post the exact code you're using?

Meanwhile I got bored and made this:

vPgFCYD.jpg

0PMOFz1.jpg

Right now I have it as a trojan moon occupying the same orbit as Kerbin.

I should really get around to finishing the biome maps for Kyx, Beros and Alu. I made science defs at least, which will be in v0.2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.