[Kopernicus] [1.2.1] Xen's Planet Collection (5 mods, 11 bodies)

Xenonclave

On 4/20/2016 at 3:59 PM, Robotoaster said:

Newest version of this mod is for 1.1. How this can be as Kopernicus is not updated yet. Did I miss something?

I think SpaceDock automatically displayed new mods released after the 1.1 beta came out as being compatible with it, and I must have forgotten to set it to say it only works for 1.05. My bad!

Once Kopernicus is updated for 1.1 I'll work on updating these as soon as I can!

59 minutes ago, Xenonclave said:

I think SpaceDock automatically displayed new mods released after the 1.1 beta came out as being compatible with it, and I must have forgotten to set it to say it only works for 1.05. My bad!

Once Kopernicus is updated for 1.1 I'll work on updating these as soon as I can!

Kopernicus was updated for 1.1 yesterday.

On 4/22/2016 at 8:48 PM, _Augustus_ said:

Kopernicus was updated for 1.1 yesterday.

I'll get them updated as soon as I can

EDIT: as far as I can tell all mods except the Eeloo one are working fine in 1.1 (for whatever reason Eeloo has become pure white in scaled space, working on it)

If anyone encounters bugs in the other ones I'll get out fixes right away, otherwise I'm going to work more on fuller versions of the mods before officially updating to 1.1

Edited by Xenonclave

Have you considered making a celestial body with an oxygen-rich atmosphere? Since I've gotten into spaceplanes I've been looking for places I can send them and fly them as planes, but so far my options are pretty limited (just Kerbin, Laythe, and Asclepius).

Also, I absolutely love Mios. As soon as I download it I'll be repurposing much of my usual Duna infrastructure to send quite an extensive series of missions there.

Just now, eloquentJane said:

Have you considered making a celestial body with an oxygen-rich atmosphere? Since I've gotten into spaceplanes I've been looking for places I can send them and fly them as planes, but so far my options are pretty limited (just Kerbin, Laythe, and Asclepius).

Also, I absolutely love Mios. As soon as I download it I'll be repurposing much of my usual Duna infrastructure to send quite an extensive series of missions there.

Definitely will have one in the new planet pack I'm working on, don't know when it'll be released though.

In the meantime I updated everything for 1.1 and added a link to download all 5 mods at once! Plus some minor fixes and tweaks.

Before I get to updating all that I want to figure out what direction I'm going to take this in, since having each one as a separate mod on top of having a download containing all of them is a pain, I'd have to update that one each time I update the individual ones and it just sounds like a big hassle both for me and for the people downloading... Can anybody think of a better way of doing it? I was going to make it as a mod pack on SpaceDock but that's not working for me for whatever reason, it won't add mods to the pack. Should I just package them all as one mod instead and give people the option to remove additions they don't like? Or is it better having them all separate? 

Personally I prefer them being separate, that way there's the option to not download them all if they're not all a) wanted and b) necessary for a particular playthrough (e.g. if someone wants to explore the stock system with extra moons but doesn't want any new planets).

Also I've found an issue with Outer Planets and Sigma Binary installed. Kyx and Beros are there and Alu isn't, but instead of orbiting around the Plock-Karen barycentre, they orbit around Eeloo. Which is orbiting Sarnus as is usual with OPM installed.

I have conducted a mission to Duna and its moons with Moons of Duna installed if you're interested. I got a few good screenshots of the rings and of Nyke, as well as a pretty good pic of Duna and Ike from the surface of Nyke. The pics are at the bottom of that first post, and there's quite a lot of them but it might be worth looking through since the Duna system looks incredibly good with its rings (which I'm sure you know as the mod creator, but still).

DOE and PlanetShine are definitely planned (I had removed them from certain mods when I last updated because I wanted to rework them but never got around to doing it and forgot to put them back...) EVE is a maybe just because I've never used the mod so I don't know how coding these mods to work with it would pan out, but I will definitely look into it. I'm also planning to re-add SigmaBinary support now that the way it works has changed as well as fixing MoE to work with OPM.

Unfortunately my college finals are coming up so I'm reeeeaaaally swamped so don't expect these updates to happen for at least a week, sorry for the inconvenience!

@eloquentJane, I looked at your mission reports and it's super cool! I'll definitely make some updates based on it (Flying low values being ridiculously low for one, as well as perhaps increasing the gravitational pull) I'm going to put a link to it on the first page of this thread and I can't wait to see the next installments. Seeing as I won't be able to do a proper update for a bit, just go into the XPC\EelooAlt\PlanetConfigs directory, open the Beros.cfg file with notepad and change where it says referencebody= Eeloo to equal Plock instead. Do the same for Kyx. As far as I know you can't make them orbit the actual barycenter without causing glitches (you'll be unable to enter the moons SOI so you can never orbit or land). Or alternatively I might have already released an update before you get around to exploring the outer planets.

23 hours ago, DiceCaller said:

Greetings,

I loved your planets in 1.0.5.  I can't seem to get them to load in 1.1.2.  I don't know if it is the planet mods or Kopernicas.   I am thinking it might be Kopernicus, is any one else having this issue?

Nope, working fine for me. 

• Do you have the latest Kopernicus update (1.0.4)?
  • Do you have ModuleManager installed?

@DiceCaller This mod works perfectly in 1.1.2 as far as I've been able to tell (I've so far only done extensive testing with Nyke and Mios but presumably there are no major issues anywhere else). Make sure you have the latest versions of Xen's planets, Kopernicus, and Module Manager, and you should be good. Other than that, the only potential issue I can see is if you have too many mods for your computer to handle. If you have a lot of planet packs and a lot of parts mods, that may be too much, and a lack of RAM will always cause a crash. Also, ensure that you're launching KSP in 64-bit.

8 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

@DiceCaller This mod works perfectly in 1.1.2 as far as I've been able to tell (I've so far only done extensive testing with Nyke and Mios but presumably there are no major issues anywhere else). Make sure you have the latest versions of Xen's planets, Kopernicus, and Module Manager, and you should be good. Other than that, the only potential issue I can see is if you have too many mods for your computer to handle. If you have a lot of planet packs and a lot of parts mods, that may be too much, and a lack of RAM will always cause a crash. Also, ensure that you're launching KSP in 64-bit.

Well, not exactly in 64bit, but it is better for you :wink: 

Thanks for the response.  I am only running about a dozen mods.  I have tried both the complete planet pack and loading Mios and Richell separately.  I have tried Kopernicus 1.0.4, 1.0.3, and 1.0.2.  Mod Mgr .24.dll  still no planets since I switched to 1.1.2.  I have a probe half way to Richell that is now going nowhere...

I think my next move is to do a clean install.  I will start with Kopernicus, add the planets, then add mods until I get there or the planets go away.

1 hour ago, DiceCaller said:

Thanks for the response.  I am only running about a dozen mods.  I have tried both the complete planet pack and loading Mios and Richell separately.  I have tried Kopernicus 1.0.4, 1.0.3, and 1.0.2.  Mod Mgr .24.dll  still no planets since I switched to 1.1.2.  I have a probe half way to Richell that is now going nowhere...

I think my next move is to do a clean install.  I will start with Kopernicus, add the planets, then add mods until I get there or the planets go away.

Do you have any other planet mods installed? Could be some sort of weird compatibility issue.

Hey! I absolutely love your mods, but I have a suggestion. Could you add low-level oxygen to Mios's atmosphere? It just seems to me like there should be due to the coloration of the atmosphere, and how it reacts with lighting.

On 5/19/2016 at 5:24 PM, Gyn said:

Hey! I absolutely love your mods, but I have a suggestion. Could you add low-level oxygen to Mios's atmosphere? It just seems to me like there should be due to the coloration of the atmosphere, and how it reacts with lighting.

Good point, will probably do that

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2016 at 10:43 PM, Interplanet Janet said:

Maybe for your next update, if Eeloo Moons is installed with OPM, then Alu can become a Chrion analogue? Or Vesta. Also, are you planning on 64K configs?

Hmm...I don't think I want to make Alu anything other than a moon of Eeloo. A Chiron analogue would be neat but it'd be just so hard to get to. A Vesta analogue is a neat idea though, the first thing I ever made in Kopernicus was a horribly ugly Vesta analogue. I might revive that idea for the planet collection though.

What do you mean by 64K configs?

As an unrelated thing, I've decided on a few directions for the future of XPC.

For starters, I'm (probably) not going to have the option of separate downloads anymore, it just makes it such a huge pain to update. Having it all as one thing will make it easier to add mod compatibility as well. However I still want it to be set up so that you can choose which mods you want, so I've set up a settings file in the XPC download where you can choose which mods you want installed. It basically looks like this:

Spoiler

///////////////////////////
	 //XEN'S PLANET COLLECTION//
	///////////////////////////

// Pick below which planet mods you want
// If you want to disable a mod, set it to false
// Alternatively, you can delete its folder in XPC/Kopernicus

XPCSettings
{	
	// Adds rings and another moon to Duna
	DunaAlt = True

// Adds three moons and small changes to Eeloo
	EelooAlt = True

// Adds two moons to Eve
	EveAlt = True

// Adds a planet with two moons between Duna and Dres
	MiosPlanet = True

// Adds a planet with a moon between Dres and Jool
	RichellPlanet = True
}

I've also added support for ResearchBodies and DOE, I'm going to look into how EVE works and how I could get it to work with these mods. If there are other mod support requests let me know. I'm also going to add KSPedia entries for each body and make some small little touch-ups to all the planets.

All of this will be part of a version 1.0 update that I'm going to put out soon-ish, along with probably two more mods (I'm thinking something involving a Vesta analogue and some other small minor planet bodies, and maybe a gas dwarf with a few moons)

In general I just want to really polish up the mod pack before I shift my focus entirely on a new mod I'm working on which replaces the Kerbol system with an entirely new one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.