[Kopernicus] [1.2.1] Xen's Planet Collection (5 mods, 11 bodies)

Xenonclave

55 minutes ago, Xenonclave said:

Hmm...I don't think I want to make Alu anything other than a moon of Eeloo. A Chiron analogue would be neat but it'd be just so hard to get to. A Vesta analogue is a neat idea though, the first thing I ever made in Kopernicus was a horribly ugly Vesta analogue. I might revive that idea for the planet collection though.

What do you mean by 64K configs?

Actually, NVM the Vesta/Chiron analog idea...GregoxMun is considering writing a config for Revamped Stock Kerbol System that makes it a moon of Revamped Eeloo if used in conjunction with OPM.

Also, 64K is upscaling every body by 6.4x.

25 minutes ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Actually, NVM the Vesta/Chiron analog idea...GregoxMun is considering writing a config for Revamped Stock Kerbol System that makes it a moon of Revamped Eeloo if used in conjunction with OPM.

Also, 64K is upscaling every body by 6.4x.

Wouldn't using something like SigmaDimensions make that easier? You can set it to automatically upscale every body by 6.4x without having to individually set it for each mod you're using.

Has anyone figured out transfer windows for Mios and Richell?  I have guesstimated 65degrees for Mios and 90degrees for Richell but wondered if anybody has been more exact.  (The 90degree guess worked for Richell, but i don't know if there is a better angle.

-Thanks

58 minutes ago, DiceCaller said:

Has anyone figured out transfer windows for Mios and Richell?  I have guesstimated 65degrees for Mios and 90degrees for Richell but wondered if anybody has been more exact.  (The 90degree guess worked for Richell, but i don't know if there is a better angle.

-Thanks

I used this launch planner and got 88 degrees for Mios and 119 for Richell, so I guess you could try that. Let me know if those work, because I want to eventually make a delta V map with transfer window angles eventually!

Edited by Xenonclave

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but could we have some mod support for things like dmagic and more science reports for the planets. Other than that this mod is amazing (as I have said numerous times!) keep up the good work!! :)

On 6/4/2016 at 0:00 PM, Kertech said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but could we have some mod support for things like dmagic and more science reports for the planets. Other than that this mod is amazing (as I have said numerous times!) keep up the good work!! :)

I can certainly do more science reports, and add science reports to work with dmagic too! I'm going to write up a list of things I need to do on the first post

4 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

What would happen if the new Eeloo (with liq. nitro oceans) is to be used in conjunction with OPM? Will it be moved? Remain in its original position? Or something else?

I really don't know, but I wouldn't alter the OPM Eeloo orbiting Sarnus. Maybe I'd rename the new Eeloo and have it replace Plock-Karen, not sure.

Hey, I've been thinking about a little conjunction between my possible mod SSS and Xen's planet collection.

I thought that maybe Ike, Nyke, Pike, and Dike can all be named after sodas by the Duna Cola Company (or vice versa). If so, I made some logos for each of the branches and drinks.

http://imgur.com/v6IodVw

Also, for details...

Pike would be like Phobos, orbiting within Ike and Nyke, and being quarter the size of Gilly (7.5 km vs. 26). It would be one of the darkest moons ever, and make periodic transits of Ike and Nyke, and rarely Dike. Pike would also orbit just outside the rings, being the largest surviving fragment of the moon that became its rings.

Dike would be more like Deimos and orbiting without (beyond) Ike and Nyke, 2/3 the size of Pike. The brightest moon, it would often be occulted by Ike and Nyke, rarely by Pike. It would orbit in a 1:4 resonance with Pike, depending on where Pike would be.

Edited by Interplanet Janet

On 6/11/2016 at 9:11 PM, Interplanet Janet said:

Hey, I've been thinking about a little conjunction between my possible mod SSS and Xen's planet collection.

I thought that maybe Ike, Nyke, Pike, and Dike can all be named after sodas by the Duna Cola Company (or vice versa). If so, I made some logos for each of the branches and drinks.

http://imgur.com/v6IodVw

Also, for details...

Pike would be like Phobos, orbiting within Ike and Nyke, and being quarter the size of Gilly (7.5 km vs. 26). It would be one of the darkest moons ever, and make periodic transits of Ike and Nyke, and rarely Dike. Pike would also orbit just outside the rings, being the largest surviving fragment of the moon that became its rings.

Dike would be more like Deimos and orbiting without (beyond) Ike and Nyke, 2/3 the size of Pike. The brightest moon, it would often be occulted by Ike and Nyke, rarely by Pike. It would orbit in a 1:4 resonance with Pike, depending on where Pike would be.

I don't now how I feel about the soda thing, but if you want to have your Duna moons work out with mine that's fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:37 AM, Xenonclave said:

- If installed with Outer Planets Mod, only Kyx and Beros will be added, and will orbit Plock.

I have OPM installed, yet all the original MoE moons are in-game and all of them orbit Eeloo, not Plock. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

12 hours ago, NotAgain said:

I have OPM installed, yet all the original MoE moons are in-game and all of them orbit Eeloo, not Plock. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

That's weird, definitely shouldn't be happening... I'll look into it. I'll try to put out a new version of the mod soon, it could just be because the packs slightly outdated.

If you want to manually fix it right now just go into your GameData folder where you installed the mod, go to XPC/EelooAlt/PlanetConfigs, delete Alu.cfg, and in Beros.cfg and Kyx.cfg change "referenceBody = Eeloo" to "referenceBody = Plock". It'll be underneath the "Orbit" header. You can open the files with notepad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry everyone for the lack of updates, I've been super busy with real life recently. I'll release an update soon I swear!

@sentania Sigma has talked to me about adding my mod to Galactic Neighbourhood, so hopefully it'll be compatible soon.

@Interplanet Janet I'll have to look into RevSS, I haven't seen it before. But I'll try to add compatibility in the next update.

@Andem Which mods? I'm gonna look through the thread to see what's already been suggested but if there's anything else let me know

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2016 at 10:08 PM, Xenonclave said:

@Andem Which mods? I'm gonna look through the thread to see what's already been suggested but if there's anything else let me know

DOE, Planetshine, and Custom Asteroids where applicable. :)

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

And 1.2! :)

It does? That's good to know. That being said, have you tried landing on all of the celestial bodies that it adds? I've experienced some strange bugs in the past with other Kopernicus mods (back in 1.0 I think) after a Kopernicus update but without the planet pack being updated. Even so, I'll have to try out XPC myself, I want it for my next playthrough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.