Space Station Stability

Hard to say exactly from the video but it's either a somewhat common physics bug based on attaching too many extendable things like solar panels onto a thin, long, light structure or part clipping. (I've seen a couple videos recently of the same thing happening to others and it kept coming back to having lots of solar panels arrayed around girders.)

My first station did the same thing whenever I got within physics range of it with another ship, it would just tear itself apart and explode, came down to some batteries that were clipped into a structural girder.

Your only hope is to possibly do some file editing and change the state of all the panels to undeployed, or maybe to remove it with hyperedit and redesign it, that's all I can really suggest. Hopefully someone will come along with a better suggestion on how to salvage the craft.

Edit: Here's a link to another thread about the same problem. 

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket
Added link to similar thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.