[REQUEST] Electric Fan Engines For large craft

Rushligh

Hello all, I'm still a novice here, so if what im asking for already exists, please point me the right way :P

I'm looking for a set of large in-shell propeller engines, like those on a Sci-f- helicopter or the Marvel Helicarriers.
something that would optimally be usable with twaekscale, and surface mountable (so that it could bat attached to the wing).

I've been experimenting with using the high bypass fan from the MKIV pack as a graphic for a 2 part engine. the engine its self is an intake with reversible thrust (it can act as suction and intake, or propulsion).
Ideally you would toggle the modes in the SPH, or have 2 separate parts functioning in tandem. the suction engine function would have reverse thrust of low power and high intake, the propulsion side would have high output but no intake. also, true to realism, neither would have any gimbal.also might opt for a resource that isn't intake air as not to allow use of alternate air intakes, powered by electricity preferably. im kinda bad at the codeing, so if someone could provide some scrips for this (of just a part; i don't wanna be stealing someone else's graphics) that would be awesome.

(the idea is something like this http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/hybriddiesel/maglevrotor.jpg )

to make an engine you need to have a resouce that is expelled / depleated. Purely electric engines don't work, I've tried.  The best I could come up with was an IntakeAir + Electric engine mode on a modified rapier, with the second mode being a nuke.

As for modes, there is a minature one in Dr.Jets Chop Shop - forumn . I don't know how that would work with tweakscale.

Your other best bet is Firespitter github . But I don't use that because of memory constraints on all the parts.

good luck with your search

GE

memory constraints are no issues. i use 64 bit.
and ironically i was actually trying to cut/spics code from some of those engines. i understand you can't have a pure electric engine. i was thinking it having a separate resource intake value like "airin" and using electric charge and "airin" as propellants. 

for the intake:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleResourceIntake
        resourceName = Atmosphere
        checkForOxygen = false
        area = 0.1
        intakeSpeed = 15
        intakeTransformName = Intake
        machCurve
        {
            key = 1 1 0 0
            key = 1.5 0.9 -0.4312553 -0.4312553
            key = 2.5 0.45 -0.5275364 -0.5275364
            key = 3.5 0.1 0 0
        }
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Atmosphere
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
    }

For the Engine: (stolen from a stock jet engine)

rescaleFactor = 1
    node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.972875, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
    CoMOffset = 0.0, 2.3, 0.0
    TechRequired = aerodynamicSystems
    entryCost = 4000
    cost = 1400
    category = Engine
    subcategory = 0
    title =MagLev Lifting Prop-Engine
    manufacturer = That pawn shop across the street.
    description = A large turbofan engine using magnetic levitation technology meant to lift your heaviest airships off the ground.
    attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0
    mass = 1.5
    heatConductivity = 0.06 // half default
    skinInternalConductionMult = 4.0
    emissiveConstant = 0.8 // engine nozzles are good at radiating.
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 30
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 3600
    bulkheadProfiles = size1
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEnginesFX
        engineID = Verticle_Lift
        thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
        exhaustDamage = False
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 600
        heatProduction = 20
        useEngineResponseTime = True
        engineAccelerationSpeed = 0.12
        engineDecelerationSpeed = 0.5
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.74
        spoolEffectName = running_turbine
        engineSpoolIdle = 0.05
        engineSpoolTime = 2.0
        EngineType = Turbine
        exhaustDamageMultiplier = 0
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            ratio = 10
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = Atmosphere
            ignoreForIsp = True
            ratio = 127
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 10500 0 0
        }
        // Jet params
        atmChangeFlow = True
        useVelCurve = True
        useAtmCurve = True
        flameoutBar = 0.02
        flowCapMult = 1.0
        machLimit = 0.85
        machHeatMult = 25
        velCurve
        {
            key = 0 1 0 0
            key = 0.53 0.834 0 0
            key = 1.3 0.96 0 0
            key = 1.674 0.843 -0.876726 -0.876726
            key = 2 0.1 0 0
        }
        atmCurve
        {
            key = 0 0 0 1.186726
            key = 0.072 0.092 1.339822 1.339822
            key = 0.337 0.4 0.8976688 0.8976688
            key = 1 1 0.9127604 0
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
        animationName = TF1ThrustReverser
        startEventGUIName = Reverse Thrust
        endEventGUIName = Forward Thrust
        actionGUIName = Toggle Thrust Reverser
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 0
        isTweakable = false
        hideFlow = true
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSurfaceFX
        thrustProviderModuleIndex = 0
        fxMax = 0.5
        maxDistance = 20
        falloff = 2
        thrustTransformName = thrustTransform
    }

On 2/22/2016 at 2:55 PM, Rushligh said:

Hello all, I'm still a novice here, so if what im asking for already exists, please point me the right way :P

I'm looking for a set of large in-shell propeller engines, like those on a Sci-f- helicopter or the Marvel Helicarriers.
something that would optimally be usable with twaekscale, and surface mountable (so that it could bat attached to the wing).

I've been experimenting with using the high bypass fan from the MKIV pack as a graphic for a 2 part engine. the engine its self is an intake with reversible thrust (it can act as suction and intake, or propulsion).
Ideally you would toggle the modes in the SPH, or have 2 separate parts functioning in tandem. the suction engine function would have reverse thrust of low power and high intake, the propulsion side would have high output but no intake. also, true to realism, neither would have any gimbal.also might opt for a resource that isn't intake air as not to allow use of alternate air intakes, powered by electricity preferably. im kinda bad at the codeing, so if someone could provide some scrips for this (of just a part; i don't wanna be stealing someone else's graphics) that would be awesome.

(the idea is something like this http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/hybriddiesel/maglevrotor.jpg )

RoverDude's Freight Transport Technologies and Exploration Pack each have ducted fan engines as you describe. They essentially act as a cross between engines and RCS maneuvering. The Exploration Pack ones may even be tweakable for scale.

Yea, the exploration pack's parts are perfect for the mean time. I'll still keep working on this though. Ideally I want one part on top, one below the wing of a craft (giving the illusion there's a hole with a fan inside) 

once I get enough skill and time that is. 

I have Quiztech. i just want a separate part for just the rotor engine. also, tweak scaleable.
basically, i want the rotor from quiz tech, powered by electricity, mountable to any wing. So far i've taken the mk4 pack small engine and modded it to run on electricity with the bypas fan intake on top. both these parts are connecting to a NFT octo truss inside the wing. it's the best i've been able to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.