[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

I'll admit it's been a while and the only reason I am firing up Kerbal is because my favorite mod of all time has been updated.... that being said, what if any issues are there with MechJeb and the KSOS?  It just seems to go everywhere but into the prescribed orbit.  Might just be me, or maybe there is an issue.  Thanks in advance.  Both mods are the latest available.

47 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

I'll admit it's been a while and the only reason I am firing up Kerbal is because my favorite mod of all time has been updated.... that being said, what if any issues are there with MechJeb and the KSOS?  It just seems to go everywhere but into the prescribed orbit.  Might just be me, or maybe there is an issue.  Thanks in advance.  Both mods are the latest available.

Ive never had any issues using the Super 25 with MechJeb. There should be no problems, but its possible that MechJeb has changed something, or any changes in 1.0.5 have affected its performance.

On 2/27/2016 at 7:26 PM, LawnDartLeo said:

MechJeb's worst fear is asymmetrical thrust craft, especially when the engines have high gimble ranges. It isn't very flexible in how it goes about things, and it needs to be to work with shuttles. I'd recommend Smart A.S.S mode, so you have more control over the orbit that results, but the craft (generally) remains more stable than just using SAS

That's the funny thing, Meeb... It was fine, previously.  And it's not like its an assymetrical thrust issue, it's roll related.  The KSOS just wants to be 90° off... rolled on its side as it were.  Getting it rolled over on its back and heading down range is the rub.  I even made the suggestion for the force roll angle a while back just for the KSOS and either it was a great idea or I wasnt the only one because it got implemented.  Even that seems borked at the moment.  

Anyone have a kerboscript to feed K-OS for launching?

6 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

The KSO originally had extra textures. One of the names was Dauntless.

I know. I used this mod during 0.90. Though I would like those extra textures for both KSOs.

Edited by Probe 1
Thought

OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!
Will you finally add FAR support? Cause I play with FAR. :( You may need to rotate wing models so that they face right from the origin and adjust their mounting points tho.
Also, having those fins on Kerbostar tail functioning would be great.

15 hours ago, Sulaco76 said:

Hi,
Is the body flap supposed to move, because it doesn't on mine?
I have very little pitch upon the glide down, and I am unable to perform the flare!

Just noticed that too :) look in the CFG file and find control surface if you can.

2 hours ago, RA3236 said:

Just noticed that too :) look in the CFG file and find control surface if you can.

Thanks for your reply; so it is supposed to move? As the real Shuttles did if I remember correctly???
I've found the cfg files but cant see anything that refers to the body flap or control surfaces...?

But then I'm not that sure as to what I'm doing. :huh:

48 minutes ago, Sulaco76 said:

Thanks for your reply; so it is supposed to move? As the real Shuttles did if I remember correctly???
I've found the cfg files but cant see anything that refers to the body flap or control surfaces...?

But then I'm not that sure as to what I'm doing. :huh:

I looked through, nothing that I can see that looks like KSO body flap. But in the part description it doesn't say "I move" anywhere.

The two parts you would be looking for are

rearplanekso and super25tailkso. I cant recall them ever moving.

EDIT: Did some more checking. They did have a control surface module in 4.13, but Im pretty sure that in 4.2 we had to remove that control surface for some reason.

EDIT2: Im pretty sure wer remove the tailplane control surface module because it was generating lots of drag in 1.0.2+, due to the aerodynamics changes that were going on then. I think we also nix'd the KSO's rear airbrake aswell for the same reason.

Edited by Avalon304

5 hours ago, Arditan427 said:

When I put it in there it doesn't allow fuel to be used, basically carrying extra weight.

If you attach it in the cargobay you should be able to use it, thats where it was meant to be put.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.