[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

It is working on my end, I cant reproduce what you are describing. I just put the thing in my cargo bay and it worked. KER showed a Delta-v increase. And I was even able to fly the shuttle with just fuel from the aux supplies (though not for long)

I don't know if anyone has said this before but since this release, I can get hardly any lift from the shuttle when landing. Most of the time when i come into land, even if i deploy the flaps on both wings, i get hardly any response when pulling up and it results in me crashing into the ground. Thanks a lot for continuing to make this mod. :D

On 10/03/2016 at 9:38 PM, Avalon304 said:

It is working on my end, I cant reproduce what you are describing. I just put the thing in my cargo bay and it worked. KER showed a Delta-v increase. And I was even able to fly the shuttle with just fuel from the aux supplies (though not for long)

It decreases my delta-v, do I need crossfeed enabler or something like that?

3 hours ago, Arditan427 said:

It decreases my delta-v, do I need crossfeed enabler or something like that?

Are you attaching it via the nodes? If you then it should just work. Do you also have all of the KSOS dependencies?

19 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Are you attaching it via the nodes? If you then it should just work. Do you also have all of the KSOS dependencies?

Yes and yes, I haven't tried flying it with the aux fuel supply in case there is a bug with engineer.

On 3/11/2016 at 10:52 PM, BananaIsAFruit said:

I don't know if anyone has said this before but since this release, I can get hardly any lift from the shuttle when landing. Most of the time when i come into land, even if i deploy the flaps on both wings, i get hardly any response when pulling up and it results in me crashing into the ground. Thanks a lot for continuing to make this mod. :D

Yeah, same here, look for my earlier post & picture on this thread...I've attached fins to the front of the orbiter to temporally fix this until it's hopefully fixed. The orbiter flies well with the fins added. Lots of pitch.

6 hours ago, Sulaco76 said:

Yeah, same here, look for my earlier post & picture on this thread...I've attached fins to the front of the orbiter to temporally fix this until it's hopefully fixed. The orbiter flies well with the fins added. Lots of pitch.

thanks alot :)

So, I was using the orbiter for powered flight tests (Enterprise style), and found out something: am I wrong in thinking that the default craft designs don't come with an antenna on the orbiter? Or did I some how unintentionally detach it?

23 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Please do try flying it (even if you just put the shuttle on the runway and fly it). It may be a bug with KER (though it shouldnt be).

What version of KER are you using?

Yep, was a bug with KER (newest version according to ckan), I flew the shuttle and could use the fuel in the aux. 

1 hour ago, Synthesis said:

So, I was using the orbiter for powered flight tests (Enterprise style), and found out something: am I wrong in thinking that the default craft designs don't come with an antenna on the orbiter? Or did I some how unintentionally detach it?

Antenna as in?

1 hour ago, Avalon304 said:

Antenna as in?

As in a communications antenna for sending crew reports, instrument results, etc.

When I sent a crew report while flying the orbiter (by itself), it said there was no antenna. 

3 hours ago, Synthesis said:

As in a communications antenna for sending crew reports, instrument results, etc.

When I sent a crew report while flying the orbiter (by itself), it said there was no antenna. 

There isnt one built in.

23 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

There isnt one built in.

Ah, OK--that confirms my suspicion. Just wondering if I had a broken file. 

Maybe it's worth it for the creator to include one? Of course, that's not required, there are so many good antennas you could just attach to it.

1 hour ago, Tangle said:

What dependencies are required for what segments? I assume the KSO and KSO Super 25 each require smokescreen and Klockheed Martin Gimbals, but do the other two segments need those? 

RPM for all.

Firespitter for all.

Smokescreen for both orbiters.

Gimbal for both orbiters.

That being said you should probably just install all dependencies just in case.

I uploaded a new version of the original shuttle to spacedock-

Dauntless Orbiter update 4.3.1

-balanced shuttle mass by changing fuel amounts and locations
-new tuning for aerodynamic properties - craft will respond faster to controls 

-adjusted torque and charge drain rate
-added lift back to rear surface
-added texture for rear mount shroud to pack
-new craft file (see first post of the KSO forum thread.)

If you don't use the rear shroud and want to save texture space, you can remove the kerbin_space_station textures from your Parts folder. Any existing saved craft you have will need to have new versions of the wings and rear tank replaced, or you can use the craft file pack in the OP to get the updated craft file.

Edited by Nazari1382

15 hours ago, Nazari1382 said:

I uploaded a new version of the original shuttle to spacedock-

Dauntless Orbiter update 4.3.1

-balanced shuttle mass by changing fuel amounts and locations
-new tuning for aerodynamic properties - craft will respond faster to controls 

-adjusted torque and charge drain rate
-added lift back to rear surface
-added texture for rear mount shroud to pack
-new craft file (see first post of the KSO forum thread.)

If you don't use the rear shroud and want to save texture space, you can remove the kerbin_space_station textures from your Parts folder. Any existing saved craft you have will need to have new versions of the wings and rear tank replaced, or you can use the craft file pack in the OP to get the updated craft file.

Whoah!!! Much better handling...brilliant! Thanks.

The KSO-Space Station-Laboratory is not functional in my install. When processing collected science it does nothing and all right-click-menus disapear on all parts of the vessel. I tried to fix it by rearranging the modules in the .cfg wich helped a bit. Afterwards i could process science but when sending it home it seemed to be uploaded but no science was transmitted. I installed all dependencies via CKAN.

Can someone confirm this bug or is it just my install? Or does anyone has a solution?

Hey, has anyone had the problem where the Kerbostar helicopter's main rotors don't spin? Only the tail propeller? Reinstalling Firesplitter didn't do it.

It's only the animation that won't work--it still generates lift, and makes noise. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.