[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:46 PM, Avalon304 said:

Oh its a good thing. Thats all I can say.

Oh, so it is a secret?
Well now I can't wait for 1.1's official release and the release of 1.1 KSO.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say....
*Throws darts at a board with suggestions*
3.75m shuttle or...
*Throws another dart*
Interplanetary KSO.

Edited by GoldForest

6 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Oh, so it is a secret?
Well now I can't wait for 1.1's official release and the release of 1.1 KSO.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say....
*Throws darts at a board with suggestions*
3.75m shuttle or...
*Throws another dart*
Interplanetary KSO.

Cant confirm or deny. Anything. Just know there is work happening.

As a follower of this mod throughout it's entire development, and a user that makes it one of my essential mods that never gets removed, I cannot wait to see what's in store for 1.1... Also, to finally be able to use this beauty without ATM to see it's textures in their full glory.

On 4/12/2016 at 1:03 PM, TJBombard said:

As a follower of this mod throughout it's entire development, and a user that makes it one of my essential mods that never gets removed, I cannot wait to see what's in store for 1.1... Also, to finally be able to use this beauty without ATM to see it's textures in their full glory.

I can not wait! Will helldiver be streaming work on twitch again? Would love to watch.

11 hours ago, skydiver4life said:

why cant my landing go up ?

I believe it's because it is not currently compatible with 1.1. They have all sorts of new stuff that I haven't even figured out yet. I had the same issue as you, so I can confirm that this is just an issue with it not currently being compatible with 1.1.

But don't fret! Helldiver and the others are working on an update for 1.1! Just wait a little bit.

By the way devs, any ETA for the update? Are you going to wait until 1.1 is out, or are you working on it right now?

On 4/12/2016 at 3:11 AM, GoldForest said:

I know, I was just guessing.

Even though you were guessing, I think you hit it right on the head! 

They did the whole government cover-up "we cannot confirm nor deny ..." thing! That's showing that they are hiding something!

Something... sinister...

13 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

I believe it's because it is not currently compatible with 1.1. They have all sorts of new stuff that I haven't even figured out yet. I had the same issue as you, so I can confirm that this is just an issue with it not currently being compatible with 1.1.

But don't fret! Helldiver and the others are working on an update for 1.1! Just wait a little bit.

By the way devs, any ETA for the update? Are you going to wait until 1.1 is out, or are you working on it right now?

They did the whole government cover-up "we cannot confirm nor deny ..." thing! That's showing that they are hiding something!

Something... sinister...

We'll have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Raptor22 said:

Something... sinister...

In regards to the bolded, the proper answer is: "When it's done." All I can say is work is being done. (Just as an etiquette thing, BTW, it's improper to ask for an ETA).

Also... Ive not exactly been hiding that work is underway... but I cant confirm or deny anything beyond that. I just want you guys to be excited... but please dont get crazy about it... someone might tell me to stop saying anything... and I dont want that, Im just trying to keep people engaged (because I know what its like waiting for an update to something).

And yes, as Raptor22 said: the version of the KSOS posted in this topic as of the writing of this post (version 4.13) does not work on 1.1. Even if the shuttles themselves did, the landing gear would be beyond broken. Similarly the wheels for all of the ground support vehicles would also be beyond broken. If youre attempting to use version 4.13 on 1.1, then you arent going to have a good time.

If youre on 1.0.5, however, please ensure you have installed 1.0.5 compatible versions for ALL dependancies for the KSOS (conveniently linked in the original post) and installed the KSOS correctly. (The KSO folder should be in your KSP 'GameData' folder).

On 4/19/2016 at 9:04 PM, Avalon304 said:

In regards to the bolded, the proper answer is: "When it's done." All I can say is work is being done. (Just as an etiquette thing, BTW, it's improper to ask for an ETA).

Also... Ive not exactly been hiding that work is underway... but I cant confirm or deny anything beyond that. I just want you guys to be excited... but please dont get crazy about it... someone might tell me to stop saying anything... and I dont want that, Im just trying to keep people engaged (because I know what its like waiting for an update to something).

And yes, as Raptor22 said: the version of the KSOS posted in this topic as of the writing of this post (version 4.13) does not work on 1.1. Even if the shuttles themselves did, the landing gear would be beyond broken. Similarly the wheels for all of the ground support vehicles would also be beyond broken. If youre attempting to use version 4.13 on 1.1, then you arent going to have a good time.

If youre on 1.0.5, however, please ensure you have installed 1.0.5 compatible versions for ALL dependancies for the KSOS (conveniently linked in the original post) and installed the KSOS correctly. (The KSO folder should be in your KSP 'GameData' folder).

Sorry about that! I was just wondering how things were going.

Sorry about that! I was just wondering how things were going.

Worry not from what Ive seen from helldiver, things are going well. But beyond that, there isnt much to say right now. Im gonna talk to helldiver and see if theres anything we can tell you guys, just so you know where we are.

On 4/20/2016 at 5:57 PM, Avalon304 said:

Worry not from what Ive seen from helldiver, things are going well. But beyond that, there isnt much to say right now. Im gonna talk to helldiver and see if theres anything we can tell you guys, just so you know where we are.

Great! I can't wait for the next update! This is my favorite mod. There are infinite possibilities for what you can do, and it's just damn beautiful!

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Avalon304 said:

Waiting for the update

Edited by shadowlessman

Hey, I just got a great idea for an alternate livery!

So I know about Westi29's XS25 livery (which I have been trying - and failing - to re-create) is supposed to be like the experimental test bed for it, but what if you had an unpainted version? it would still have the thermal tiles (or you could not include them if it's supposed to be for the atmospheric tests or whatever), but it would still have the greenish paint stuff, like this example with the F-22:

UhXHipf25iNVsugbQsAW0Uui6bZBMgoWE_HTz6Wr

They already have that on the inside areas, and I thought it would look cool with that on the outside too.

4 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Hey, I just got a great idea for an alternate livery!

So I know about Westi29's XS25 livery (which I have been trying - and failing - to re-create) is supposed to be like the experimental test bed for it, but what if you had an unpainted version? it would still have the thermal tiles (or you could not include them if it's supposed to be for the atmospheric tests or whatever), but it would still have the greenish paint stuff, like this example with the F-22:

UhXHipf25iNVsugbQsAW0Uui6bZBMgoWE_HTz6Wr

They already have that on the inside areas, and I thought it would look cool with that on the outside too.

Well... I cant see that image... 

The XS-25 livery was the 'official' testing livery. Everyone who tested the Super 25 had it. Im pretty sure its still kicking around on my HDD somewhere too. It was meant to be an easy way for helldiver to know whether or not any screen shots posted were from the testers, as far as I remember.

However, I doubt any aircraft would fly unpainted like you suggest.

I dunno. I just think it would be neat for roleplaying, like them having to speed up the construction to launch to redirect an asteroid or something.

Just an idea. 

But do you have any advice for trying to make it? since the texture is warped because it has to be stitched onto a rounded surface, it's kind of hard to figure out how to get it right.

Heck, is there any way for me to help test? I play KSP every day and use this mod often, and if there's ever a bug I try to report it.

For example, in the game Subnautica you can report bugs to the devs. i report about 5 bugs a day in experimental. Having playtesters really helps because the devs don't have to hunt for all of the bugs by themselves, but rather fix them as they pop up and are reported.

I have seen multiple people working on the mod. Who can I contact if I want to help and become a tester? It is still in development after all.

I dunno. I just think it would be neat for roleplaying, like them having to speed up the construction to launch to redirect an asteroid or something.

Just an idea. 

But do you have any advice for trying to make it? since the texture is warped because it has to be stitched onto a rounded surface, it's kind of hard to figure out how to get it right.

Heck, is there any way for me to help test? I play KSP every day and use this mod often, and if there's ever a bug I try to report it.

For example, in the game Subnautica you can report bugs to the devs. i report about 5 bugs a day in experimental. Having playtesters really helps because the devs don't have to hunt for all of the bugs by themselves, but rather fix them as they pop up and are reported.

I have seen multiple people working on the mod. Who can I contact if I want to help and become a tester? It is still in development after all.

Nope, no idea on how to properly get the texture to look good, most Ive ever done is add names to the shuttles.

Helldiver is the lead developer on the project, but Im honestly not sure if hes looking for any more people to help test right now.(And at the moment, there isnt anything to actually test.) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.