[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

9 hours ago, Nazari1382 said:

I will be updating the current parts because they are broken, but they will become the legacy versions of the shuttle. The intent is that there will be one officially supported shuttle.

im exited!

9 hours ago, Nazari1382 said:

I will be updating the current parts because they are broken, but they will become the legacy versions of the shuttle. The intent is that there will be one officially supported shuttle.

What about station parts? Will they also become legacy?

13 minutes ago, Vrana said:

What about station parts? Will they also become legacy?

This is something I feel confident in saying: the only components of that pack that will be moving to legacy status are the two original shuttles (Phase 1: The Standard KSO, now the Dauntless Orbiter, and Phase 3: The Extended Wide-Body Cargo Lifter, the Super 25 Orbiter). I believe the plan is for the Space Station and Space Center Vehicles to move forward and join the KSO Extended Transporter as the new Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System.

2 hours ago, ojdp2 said:

Any chance on some extra ablator to make coming in through the atmosphere a little easier too?

You will probably have to edit the files yourself if you want more ablator. Or you can just lower the effects in the Difficulty options in KSP.

1 hour ago, Whovian41110 said:

What is up with the Super25 booster's heat generation?  They are glowing cherry red at the moment of jettison and the corresponding SSME almost overheat when going to a 150x150 km orbit?

What version of KSP are you using?

9 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

I got it 2 days ago so, yes?

I suppose it's a bug with the latest release then, when porting mods from before 1.00 it can be a bit finicky. Either you can just wait till the mod author brings the mod till 1.1 because he probably won't supply another 1.0.5 update. Or if you choose to (I don't recommend it though) you can edit the config files.

1 minute ago, Whovian41110 said:

Also, the wings have a heat tolerance of 1700 but in the config it says 3400 and it isn't //ed out

If you aren't having problems with the wings I wouldn't change them, but if you are replace the 3400 with 6800, and that should give you 3400 in game.

17 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Will the vertical stabillizer detachable on the new KSOS? because I will totally make it a V tail shuttle

Yes the v-stab on the EX is its own part, so you could, potentially attempt to make a dual v-stab orbiter... (though just based on the EX's geometry, I'm not sure how well it would work, but theres nothing stopping you).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.