[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

If I may request one thing, it's that you consider not making the new shuttle as glossy as the 2.5m KSO was. You nailed it with the original mini KSO in terms of a highly attractive matte look, and it always bothered me how the 2.5m shuttle looked like a plastic toy in comparison.

Thanks for all your excellent work, dude.

4 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

I dont think sarbian plans to update the KM_Gimbal plugin for 1.1+ at all... so... probably dont install it after Phase 6 either...

why dont you think the KM_Gimbal plugin wont be updated?

is it because dtobi left?

Edited by BlaZe119

4 hours ago, BlaZe119 said:

oh.....

well i dont use it either way.

Well, if you used the KSOS in any version of KSP prior to 1.1... you did. KM_Gimbal was what we used to provide the engine gimbal on both the shuttles engines.

3 hours ago, Adam Kerman said:

I got a problem with my boosters the boosters are not showing up the flame

it happens to me too...

3 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

KSP version? Have you installed all of the KSOS dependancies?

You dont have any problems using KSO?

1 minute ago, BlaZe119 said:

it happens to me too...

You dont have any problems using KSO?

In 1.0.5? No I did not.

In 1.1? I dont use it in 1.1. Because its not yet supported in 1.1. (Though we are working on that).

1 minute ago, Avalon304 said:

In 1.0.5? No I did not.

In 1.1? I dont use it in 1.1. Because its not yet supported in 1.1. (Though we are working on that).

how did you install kso yourself?

Edited by BlaZe119

Just now, BlaZe119 said:

did you install the klockheed martin? how did you install kso yourself?

In 1.0.5?  

---You go to the OP.

---You download EVERYTHING linked under " KSOS requires the following plugins to function properly" and install it into your KSP 'GameData' directory, just as you would with any other mod. These files are required! Dont skip them. If you are downloading them now please make sure you are downloading versions made for KSP 1.0.5 and not KSP 1.1. (For instance the version of Firespitter you need is version 7.1.5 and NOT version 7.2.4).

---Then you look below the " KSOS requires the following plugins to function properly" section and find the packs that you want to use (the Dauntless Orbiter, Space Station parts, the Super 25 and/or Space Center Vehicles) then just as you did with all the dependencies you downloaded, you install the KSOS packs into your KSP 'GameData' folder, just like any other mod. Then you launch KSP and play with your new shuttle(s).

---Just incase heres what your KSP GameData folder should look like (if all youre installing is KSOS, if you have other mods, just imagine them here along with these folders):

YXZrHRa.png

In 1.1?

---You dont do anything.

17 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

In 1.0.5?  

---You go to the OP.

---You download EVERYTHING linked under " KSOS requires the following plugins to function properly" and install it into your KSP 'GameData' directory, just as you would with any other mod. These files are required! Dont skip them. If you are downloading them now please make sure you are downloading versions made for KSP 1.0.5 and not KSP 1.1. (For instance the version of Firespitter you need is version 7.1.5 and NOT version 7.2.4).

---Then you look below the " KSOS requires the following plugins to function properly" section and find the packs that you want to use (the Dauntless Orbiter, Space Station parts, the Super 25 and/or Space Center Vehicles) then just as you did with all the dependencies you downloaded, you install the KSOS packs into your KSP 'GameData' folder, just like any other mod. Then you launch KSP and play with your new shuttle(s).

---Just incase heres what your KSP GameData folder should look like (if all youre installing is KSOS, if you have other mods, just imagine them here along with these folders):

YXZrHRa.png

In 1.1?

---You dont do anything.

cant find plugins km gimbal, module manager and smoke screen for 1.0.5....

2 minutes ago, BlaZe119 said:

cant find plugins km gimbal, module manager and smoke screen for 1.0.5....

ModuleManager is included with RPM.

KM_Gimbal hasnt been updated (nor will it be) for 1.1 so the version linked in the OP is the 1.0.5 version.

Smokescreen can be found here:

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/SmokeScreen/53/artifact/SmokeScreen-2.6.13.0.zip

10 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

ModuleManager is included with RPM.

ohh... right. module manager 2.6.13 is in my gamedata folder right...

im so stupid :I

everything is fixed!

except for the landing gear...

Edited by BlaZe119

11 hours ago, BlaZe119 said:

also in phase 6 will you guys still include the KSO Centerline Mounting Shroud?? if yes then i can replicate the space shuttle enterprise :D

Ive not seen anything about it... but given the size of the shuttle I dont think its something that would be feasible...

58 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Ive not seen anything about it... but given the size of the shuttle I dont think its something that would be feasible...

i guess... which means if i want to make the enterprise i have to use the structural panels, which wont look nice with the kso.

4 minutes ago, BlaZe119 said:

i guess... which means if i want to make the enterprise i have to use the structural panels, which wont look nice with the kso.

I mean, Im not saying no... I dont have that power... but just looking at the size of the shuttle doesnt make it seem like mounting the shuttle centerline like you could with the original KSO would be possible. I dont think we had one for the Super 25 either... and that shuttle is about the same size (atleast as far as diameter goes).

Just now, Avalon304 said:

I mean, Im not saying no... I dont have that power... but just looking at the size of the shuttle doesnt make it seem like mounting the shuttle centerline like you could with the original KSO would be possible. I dont think we had one for the Super 25 either... and that shuttle is about the same size (atleast as far as diameter goes).

what i mean is if that the devs would make another centerline for KSO EX

I don't think that the EX can have a centerline, considering its design. The other ones had the OMS engines tucked behind it, whereas this one has them on OMS pods. 

I've tried making a centerline for the Super 25, but I haven't had much success. I mainly use the centerline thing for the original KSO to act as the aerodynamic cap they would place on the shuttle when testing and transporting it on the SCA (Shuttle Carrier Aircraft). I've been able to modify the Stearwing 300 to act as a pretty decent shuttle carrier. Although it does struggle with the Super 25.

I've been able to use the BD Armory's ai pilot system to make the carrier hold above the space center while I land the shuttle, then land the carrier.

Again, there's so much you can do with this mod!

1 hour ago, Raptor22 said:

I've been able to use the BD Armory's ai pilot system to make the carrier hold above the space center while I land the shuttle, then land the carrier.

BDArmory is amazing... back when helldiver was making the Space Center vehicles I pushed for the inclusion of mouse aim in the spotlight (the one you could mount on the chopper)... I'm pretty sure the support is still there... but it was off... and I dont think we ever fixed it... I may have to talk to Naz about this... see if we can get it working... (even though BDA isnt totally 1.1.2 compatible yet...)

Edited by Avalon304

I know! The spotlight should be able to be rotated!
The camera should be able to be rotated as well. It is a camera ball after all.

But yeah. I've used the AI for tons of things. Now only if it could help land, that would be great. I'm an OK pilot, but some of my craft are a little shaky when landing. It would also help for the SCA/shuttle scenario. The two craft detach, the carrier lands while the shuttle glides to position and follows it.

And let's face it, mechjeb spaceplane guidance is crap. You can't land with that. Sure, it may help get lined up, but you have to start REALLY far away since it turns REALLY slowly.

Pretty much all of Bahamuto's mods are amazing. Vessel mover, BD armory, BD Animations (the engines are probably the best), and more.

Speaking of moving stuff, I think you guys should make a manipulator arm (perhaps called the Kanadarm instead of Canadarm, 'cause kerbals.) for the shuttle. All of the arms I try to make from scratch are crap, and the one from the canadarm mod is too big to fit in any of them. Perhaps it would just barely fit in the EX, but I don't think so. Just the first arm segment went almost to the end of the Super 25.

I have tried making helper drones, with "THE KLAW", but they aren't very good either. 

Besides, you're trying to go with a more realistic shuttle, and the shuttle had the arm on it. It would really help getting stuff out of the cargo bay.

4 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

I know! The spotlight should be able to be rotated!
The camera should be able to be rotated as well. It is a camera ball after all.

But yeah. I've used the AI for tons of things. Now only if it could help land, that would be great. I'm an OK pilot, but some of my craft are a little shaky when landing. It would also help for the SCA/shuttle scenario. The two craft detach, the carrier lands while the shuttle glides to position and follows it.

And let's face it, mechjeb spaceplane guidance is crap. You can't land with that. Sure, it may help get lined up, but you have to start REALLY far away since it turns REALLY slowly.

Pretty much all of Bahamuto's mods are amazing. Vessel mover, BD armory, BD Animations (the engines are probably the best), and more.

Speaking of moving stuff, I think you guys should make a manipulator arm (perhaps called the Kanadarm instead of Canadarm, 'cause kerbals.) for the shuttle. All of the arms I try to make from scratch are crap, and the one from the canadarm mod is too big to fit in any of them. Perhaps it would just barely fit in the EX, but I don't think so. Just the first arm segment went almost to the end of the Super 25.

I have tried making helper drones, with "THE KLAW", but they aren't very good either. 

Besides, you're trying to go with a more realistic shuttle, and the shuttle had the arm on it. It would really help getting stuff out of the cargo bay.

I dont know how useful the camera would be... since mouse aim is best used from 3rd person and you cant see the camera view from 3rd person. I'll talk to Naz later today...

I dont think we made an arm because IR exists... and thats pretty much the best way to make an arm for the shuttle... (its what I used to do in 1.0.5 and before).

You know, one thing you guys could do is contact Alexustas and see if you guys can incorporate some of his props, or use some assets (or A.S.E.T.'s...? No...?) to make your own. I love the KSO IVAs, but I also like the ASET IVAs. THERE'S SO MANY BUTTONS!

Heck, even if they do nothing, it's just satisfying to be able to click every single button in the cockpit.

Even big red buttons...

Besides, working with Alexustas to make an IVA may speed things along. Modifying assets takes much less time than making them from scratch.

I'm not trying to put down your work, by the way! What you guys do is awesome! Like the laptops in the space station modules! You've done a fantastic job!

(speaking of space stations, maybe you can work on some more stuff after this. I love the looks of them.)

I'm just saying that it's a good thing to collaborate and work with other people!  It helps lighten the load, and gets things done faster, so it's good all around!

Well yeah, I have used IR. That's what I have been using. But it just looks ugly and it doesn't work well. The parts are too big and using tweakscale can sometimes mess things up. It would just be nice to have one for it. You could even ask the guy who made the canadarm mod if you can use it, scale it down, and add a node in the cargo bay.

I mean, the IR parts are all mechanical, using pistons and gears. They're bulky. This should be clean, streamlined, electronic, you know?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.