[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

23 minutes ago, Bomoo said:

Sorry if you've already clarified this, but are you launching with or without mechjerb flying the craft?

I've done it both ways. with and without mechjeb the craft kicks into a hard yaw.

Woah! The thread just exploded overnight!

Yesterday I checked and it was on like page 10 or 11, and now it's on page 15!

I've seen talk about it doing a hard yaw to the right on launch using mechjeb. What's that all about?

Oh yeah, and I hate that the day that the new KSO comes out, KSP 1.1.3 comes out and breaks EVERYTHING.

Even when I put it at the last version, it still says a crap-ton of stuff is incompatible!

Ohhhh.... SONS OF-

Yeah, I'm pretty ticked off.

1 minute ago, Raptor22 said:

Woah! The thread just exploded overnight!

Yesterday I checked and it was on like page 10 or 11, and now it's on page 15!

I've seen talk about it doing a hard yaw to the right on launch using mechjeb. What's that all about?

On my install, for some reason, I have a mod, and I don't know which one, that's applying shadow forces to the launch clamps and large vessels when they release. for the KSO, this causes it to yaw hard to one side. it is not a mechjeb issue. I was just commenting that I had found a way to use mechjeb to compensate.

Oh, alright.

Now that I think about it, perhaps it's just Mini AVC, since an update can come along and it will be just fine, yet miniAVC says it's outdated

*EDIT*:

Nope. All of my saves are outdated.

F***ING PERFECT!

*EDIT THE SECOND*:

I was building in the spaceplane hangar and I realized that it used the old mirror symmetry symbol. The rover wheels didn't have all of the options. I'm guessing it went all the way back to 1.0.5 or something.

Going to present version to see if it will work.

*EDIT THE THIRD*:

So, I will need to update JSI transparent pods. Kopernicus and Tweakscale are completely broken (according to the thing on the loading screen), and if it pops up there it's probably bugged to non-functionality in the game. I guess I'll go and let those guys know "HEY! YOUR MOD'S BROKEN! FIX IT!"

*STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER UPDATES*

Edited by Raptor22
Welp. Launched KSP and found I was wrong, again.

So, this is off-topic from what I was talking about earlier, but whoever made those two patches for phase one and phase two should also make some for phase three, four, and five (the new EX, once some textured pictures come out to give you an idea of what it looks like in-game). 

Also, either Nazari or Helldiver, could you post updated versions of the extra cockpits (the configs will need to be the current one.), and the patch creation kits so that other people can make those patches if the original person doesn't feel up to it?

(by the way, I can't draw to save my life.)

Well, I found another bug. In the original KSO cockpit, the navballs on both sides are missing, and you can't switch the display from the modern hud-type to the navball.

I'm not sure if it's because of the KSO props or because of RPM.

I haven't tested it out in the Super 25's cockpit, but I assume it's the same there.

My next mission will use it, so I'll let you know then.

Edited by Raptor22
Took a second look

11 minutes ago, Nazari1382 said:

What? And what is a patch creation kit?

Go back to the original thread for 0.90

It has a thing that has the elements used to make custom mission patches (really just changing the KSTS number). 

I can change the number just fine. I just want to have new patches for the super 25.

Imagine that! The shuttle's soon to be retired and it still has not gotten a single mission patch!

Also, add some darn albator to the shuttles! This is the fifth time I have exploded on re-entry!

I have to go nose-first because the nosecone has more heat protection than the shuttle. If I move an inch, I explode and die.

Rest In Peace:

Jebediah Kerman

Bill Kerman

Bob Kerman

Valentina Kerman

Mitlorf Kerman

Natadi Kerman

Edited by Raptor22
Some people, man...

21 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Go back to the original thread for 0.90

It has a thing that has the elements used to make custom mission patches (really just changing the KSTS number). 

I can change the number just fine. I just want to have new patches for the super 25.

Imagine that! The shuttle's soon to be retired and it still has not gotten a single mission patch!

Ok, please do not spam the thread with whatever that crap in your last post is. 

1) shuttles dont use ablator. You can add it in cfgs if you want.

2)Change the values in the heat files in the configs folder if you want the parts to be more resistant.

3) The values are meant to make angle and orbit altitude matter. At a certain point having enough maxtemp or ablator just makes heat mean nothing. Edit cfgs if you want to play with it that way.

5 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Fine. I guess you guys have no sense of humor then. 

*edited*

There. Happy now?

All I saw was a wall of black characters, it looked like broken ascii art. Please keep posts regarding issues you are having clear and to the point guys. 

10 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Fine. I guess you guys have no sense of humor then. 

*edited*

There. Happy now?

These mod authors have to deal with a lot of crap from a lot of different people, and there is a fine line between humor and sounding like an ass, and in typed letters on a forum, it's massively difficult to tell if you're being funny, an ass, or some in between level of sarcastic. Experience has taught them to expect it to be of ill intent. It's always a good thing to keep that in mind. It might be humor to you, but to them its pointless chaff they have to read through to decide if you have a legit bug, or just sour grapes griping.

It seems that 1.1.3 has broken the wheels of the space center vehicle tremendously. They don't move the vehicle at all and when I try to turn the vehicle the wheels turn in a y-axis(up and down).

Never mind, apparently the wheels need to be orientated correctly. You need to fix that issue.

Edited by RYU AZUKU99

9 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

It seems that 1.1.3 has broken the wheels of the space center vehicle tremendously. They don't move the vehicle at all and when I try to turn the vehicle the wheels turn in a y-axis(up and down).

It hasnt. Ive tested them. Did you build the vehilce yourself, or use the latest craft files? If you built it yourself, you need to rotate the wheels properly. Hit 'S' once when you grab them out of the parts list.

10 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Never mind, apparently the wheels need to be orientated correctly. You need to fix that issue.

They are oriented the same way stock wheels are, and there is a reason for that. Are you saying the craft files will not move when you load one?

6 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

In this newest update, how much is Firespitter a dependency? Does this now (especially the Phase IV parts) use the new stock wheel modules, as well as animation?

I wanna say Firespitter is really only used by the space center vehicles now...  but I am unsure.

9 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

Well, I found another bug. In the original KSO cockpit, the navballs on both sides are missing, and you can't switch the display from the modern hud-type to the navball.

I'm not sure if it's because of the KSO props or because of RPM.

I haven't tested it out in the Super 25's cockpit, but I assume it's the same there.

My next mission will use it, so I'll let you know then.

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases

fix for navballs ^

Edited by Nazari1382

Hello all. Great mod, really would love to have a neat small space shuttle as well as grounf vehicles in my carrier. Great job. A humble question though:

Is there any pre 1.1 version of this mod. I'm stuck with 1.0.5 but would love to play with KSO.

Thanx in advance.

35 minutes ago, evileye.x said:

Hello all. Great mod, really would love to have a neat small space shuttle as well as grounf vehicles in my carrier. Great job. A humble question though:

Is there any pre 1.1 version of this mod. I'm stuck with 1.0.5 but would love to play with KSO.

Thanx in advance.

If you go to the Spacedock pages for each of the packs you want you can click on 'Changelog' and find the appropriate version there. Please also remember to find the appropriate version of ALL the dependancies for your KSP version (including KM_Gimbal). 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.