[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

On 6/23/2016 at 4:45 PM, BlaZe119 said:

i have a question:

will the KSO EX be able to go fly interplanetary?

It could. I have made even the original KSO work as an interplanetary spaceplane. I get some hardpoints and fuel tanks, strap them on the side with some nuclear engines and... voila! You now have an interplanetary KSO. For the final descent back on kerbin, I jettison the interplanetary engines.

You could also make a centerline mount and get one of the FTL drives and put that on there.

On 6/19/2016 at 9:56 PM, Avalon304 said:

Oh... theres an extra module for the super 25's right wing in the super 25 patch... its for if you want to add a flag and name to the right wing like the real space shuttle.

Okay... hello and great work.  I have been following this mod for a very long time.  Great to see the work continuing! 

Using KSP 1.13, where do I place these 2 files?  Different mods seem to place these in different places.....

3 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

It could. I have made even the original KSO work as an interplanetary spaceplane. I get some hardpoints and fuel tanks, strap them on the side with some nuclear engines and... voila! You now have an interplanetary KSO. For the final descent back on kerbin, I jettison the interplanetary engines.

You could also make a centerline mount and get one of the FTL drives and put that on there.

i have done that... i guess i could do it again, i was initially going to take the super 25 kso to duna.

3 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Okay... hello and great work.  I have been following this mod for a very long time.  Great to see the work continuing! 

Using KSP 1.13, where do I place these 2 files?  Different mods seem to place these in different places.....

Module Manager patches can pretty much be placed anywhere in the GameData directory. For convenience, KSOS version 4.4 has a folder named 'Configs' located in *Your KSP Directory*/GameData/KSO/Configs/ where all of our Module Manager patches are located.

Hi there! Just a little problem to notified with KSO Space Center Vehicles!

The vehicles wheels don't work :

- When you steer left and right, the wheels up and down (wut? :huh: )
- When you press z/w or s, the vehicle don't move either.

Maybe I did something wrong or an incompatibility with x64 (who knows), but I haven't got problem with the helicopter.

Voila, voila! ^^

2 minutes ago, Space_nico said:

Maybe I did something wrong or an incompatibility with x64 (who knows), but I haven't got problem with the helicopter.

Voila, voila! ^^

reinstall the mod, dont delete the one you already have.

3 minutes ago, Space_nico said:

Voila, voila! ^^

Are you using the craft files provided in the original post? If no, please consider using them. If, for some reason, you need to build a vehicle yourself, before placing the wheel on the vehicle, hit 'S' once to get the wheels rotated properly.

Just now, BlaZe119 said:

No reinstall should be needed.

18 minutes ago, BlaZe119 said:

15 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Are you using the craft files provided in the original post? If no, please consider using them. If, for some reason, you need to build a vehicle yourself, before placing the wheel on the vehicle, hit 'S' once to get the wheels rotated properly.

No reinstall should be needed.

It works now! Thanks a lot! :cool:

18 hours ago, BlaZe119 said:

i have done that... i guess i could do it again, i was initially going to take the super 25 kso to duna.

You could also get the B9 HX pack. I believe that the original KSO fits in the large hangars (It's been a long time since I've used it), and you might fit the Super 25 or even the EX in there if you get creative.

There's lots of ways to make it an interplanetary shuttle. That's why I love this mod.

On 6/24/2016 at 10:29 AM, Nazari1382 said:

I recommend a more shallow reentry, meaning enter the atmosphere earlier relative to ksc, and let it it take longer to slow you down. Your orbit path should appear to end out in the ocean once you do your reentry burn. In my experience keeping the nose up works, and will keep the heat bars from growing much.

The problem was my re-entry orbit height.  I lowered it to a circular 100km, then made my braking burn and it worked flawlessly!

On 6/24/2016 at 0:59 AM, Avalon304 said:

Well the shuttle has no actual ablation surfaces on it, the heat tiles are just a texture, and weve used config values to attmept to give the shuttle good heat dissapation.

How high are you reentering from? Ive found just flying nose first if entering from a 100km AP (or lower) works fine. Higher than that, will be mainly trial an error, as Im not able to test every possible reentry vector, but once you find what works, it should always work (barring KSP being a dumb and not simulating things the same each time).

As Nazari mentioned, keeping the nose up does actually seem to have some effect.  I think I could have made it nose first, but for whatever reason, when I raised the nose the heat bars all started to shrink.

3 minutes ago, TheAdmiralty said:

The problem was my re-entry orbit height.  I lowered it to a circular 100km, then made my braking burn and it worked flawlessly!

As Nazari mentioned, keeping the nose up does actually seem to have some effect.  I think I could have made it nose first, but for whatever reason, when I raised the nose the heat bars all started to shrink.

Because youre spreading the heat across a larger surface and all the parts can help absorb and radiate heat away.

But yes, reentering from too high is a bad thing. I dont know what the upper safe limit is but I always figured 100km was a good safe middle.

On 6/26/2016 at 0:41 AM, Avalon304 said:

Module Manager patches can pretty much be placed anywhere in the GameData directory. For convenience, KSOS version 4.4 has a folder named 'Configs' located in *Your KSP Directory*/GameData/KSO/Configs/ where all of our Module Manager patches are located.

Hello again.  I have place the 2 files into the KSO/Configs folder.  However I have the feeling I am missing something.  When Rclinking on the wing or fuselage, I am unable to change the name of the ship, selecting "Next Livery" does nothing.

Note, I am using those 2 files unchanged from your link posted above, if that makes a difference. 

Here is a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/nTzPurl.jpg?1

I think I did that correctly

3 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Hello again.  I have place the 2 files into the KSO/Configs folder.  However I have the feeling I am missing something.  When Rclinking on the wing or fuselage, I am unable to change the name of the ship, selecting "Next Livery" does nothing.

Note, I am using those 2 files unchanged from your link posted above, if that makes a difference. 

Here is a screenshot:

Yeah, they haven't added the liveries back in. I think it's because they are making a new system where you can put your own name in it.

But if that's not the case guys, just put those files back up! Put the ones where there are multiple cockpits if you don't feel like making the texture switch thing work again.

On another note to you gusy (Nazari, Avalon, and Helldiver), how's the EX coming along? Anything new? Have you gotten to texturing other parts/making the high-LOD models of things?

I'm not trying to bug you guys, I'm really not. I just love seeing mods and games progress, slowly growing and being sculpted.

5 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Here is a screenshot:

Those file dont add the extra textures you need, they just enable the ability to switch between them.

3 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Those file dont add the extra textures you need, they just enable the ability to switch between them.

Ah.  Alright, well if those extra files are around somewhere that would be cool, if not, that's ok, I can wait.  I am sure by now someone has made a KIS/KAS compatible spray paint can or something......

I will start using the powers of the internet to try to track them down, or a KSP approved spray paint can......

9 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

Ah.  Alright, well if those extra files are around somewhere that would be cool, if not, that's ok, I can wait.  I am sure by now someone has made a KIS/KAS compatible spray paint can or something......

I will start using the powers of the internet to try to track them down, or a KSP approved spray paint can......

I only have my personal liveries (which is what those modules are set for), I dont have the pack that we released, Im sure someone still has it, and theyre welcome to post it. If someone does, you'll have to know how to edit the modules to point to the proper files.

1 hour ago, Tom N said:

How to get 2 files in gamedata? im using mac btw, do i have to merge them together or somthing. please help.

and i love your mods!

Open the zip files with your choice of uncompression program. As I recall, OS X comes with its own built in one. Locate your KSP directory. While holding the Option-key drag the GameData folder from inside the zip file into your main KSP directory and MERGE the folders. Please make sure you are merging them. And then you should be installed.

10 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Open the zip files with your choice of uncompression program. As I recall, OS X comes with its own built in one. Locate your KSP directory. While holding the Option-key drag the GameData folder from inside the zip file into your main KSP directory and MERGE the folders. Please make sure you are merging them. And then you should be installed.

so i basicly have to merge kso into kso for both mods to work? i want to use the shuttle and the space station parts.

2 hours ago, Tom N said:

so i basicly have to merge kso into kso for both mods to work? i want to use the shuttle and the space station parts.

Yes, the contents of all 4 packs should be merged in "Gamedata/KSO/"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.