[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

9 minutes ago, ironhawx said:

Awesome to see this mod alive again!!!!  Awesome mod absolutely love it.  However im having one small issue, the shuttle seems super squirly seems to want to go all over the place.  I remember this thing flying smooth in the past versions.  Even in orbit w/ efl removed and using only oms engines, the shuttle doesn't want to fly straigh but wants to continue to pitch around and flip.  Is this normal behavior?

Well ironhawx thank the KSP devs for changing the aerodynamics systems and wheel/landing leg systems. Now rovers tip easily and old creations are immobile because it thinks that the wheels are blocked somehow even though they are not.

Just use SAS. If that doesn't work, try a lower throttle or turn on different engines at a time. I was able to get it to go straight by turning on the top center SSM and both OMS engines.

If that doesn't work, remember that you can always add a crap-ton of reaction wheels. Sure, it's cheating, but it works.

Just now, Raptor22 said:

Well ironhawx thank the KSP devs for changing the aerodynamics systems and wheel/landing leg systems. Now rovers tip easily and old creations are immobile because it thinks that the wheels are blocked somehow even though they are not.

Just use SAS. If that doesn't work, try a lower throttle or turn on different engines at a time. I was able to get it to go straight by turning on the top center SSM and both OMS engines.

If that doesn't work, remember that you can always add a crap-ton of reaction wheels. Sure, it's cheating, but it works.

i'll try firing up the mid main engine as you suggest

Whoooo-Weeee!  What a ride!

A little exciting gettin outta the box, but once she gets the bone between her teeth, hang on.  It really is a blast to fly.  And I actually landed it the first time.  Missed the runway, but everything was in one piece.  The only issue I saw, was minor.  The HUD, is too faint and so, not very useful.  

It's a great mod.  Thx.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 1:31 AM, evileye.x said:

P.S. forgot to mention that heli tail rotor summons kraken, shifting center of mass and causing phantom torgue. Not sure if you know about that.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:14 AM, Avalon304 said:

With regards to the gear and rotors, please be sure you are using the proper version of KSOS (and dependancies) for youre version of KSP.

I Have also seen the issues with the helicopter, and I think it started around the time of the last hotfix update for KSP, when they added the missing body lift multiplier back into the game, before that I could fly the Helicopter no problems, now, as soon as you give it any kind of tilt, the center of mass and lift get Kraken'd out. and the heli spirals out of control. I hadn't reported it before, as I grabbed the mod:

And I thought that it was messing with the helicopter's flight characteristics. But after seeing the above post, I removed the CorrectCoL mod, and am still getting horrible control issues. I have the latest version of the mod, and all dependencies.

Also haven't tried to fly the KSO or super 25 since before that time either.

Edited by vardicd

The KSO EWBCL is suprisingly versatile and manuverable. I was able to make a fighter jet with it once. Another time, I used hyperedit to put Gilly in an orbit skimming Kerbin's atmosphere. Sure, It would have been ripped apart because it was below its Roche limit, but who cares, it's KSP physics. I fitted it with R.A.P.I.E.R. engines and put a KAS grappling hook underneath it, seeing if I could fly to it and land on it in Kerbin's Atmosphere. I wasn't able to do it because the game glitched out and turned Gilly invisible when I got too close, but I certainly made a heck of an effort. 

Could I post a tumblr gallery here showing some neat stuff I've done with the KSO packs?

Yes, please post development pictures. I cannot stress enough that I love seeing the development of mods and games, seeing it start out as rough and buggy, and then the process of it being smoothed, sculpted, and evolved into the beautiful, final product.

On 7/29/2016 at 9:22 PM, Seth Kerman said:

the cockpit lights wont work. help? also the ventral rcs port wont open it just shows the animation in vab where the shadow of the craft appears opening and closing.

The cockpit lights can be turned on from within the IVA. Above the pilots head there is a button marked 'Cabin Lights'. Im not sure what youre referring to with the ventral RCS port.

On 7/30/2016 at 0:10 PM, m4ti140 said:

Does the Super 25 work with FAR?

It should fly, although I do not know how well. The KSO and Super 25 were made with stock aerodynamics in mind.

7 hours ago, baldamundo said:

What form factor are these in? And is there a compatible non-cockpit nosecone? (i.e. so you could make like a X-37 style drone)

The Dauntless (Standard KSO) can carry most 1.6m or smaller parts. The Super 25 can carry most 2.5m or smaller parts. And no, there is no regular non-cockpit nose cone.

33 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

The Dauntless (Standard KSO) can carry most 1.6m or smaller parts. The Super 25 can carry most 2.5m or smaller parts. And no, there is no regular non-cockpit nose cone.

So is the Super roughly Mk3 scale and the Dauntless closer to Mk2/2.5m?

10 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

The cockpit lights can be turned on from within the IVA. Above the pilots head there is a button marked 'Cabin Lights'. Im not sure what youre referring to with the ventral RCS port.

It should fly, although I do not know how well. The KSO and Super 25 were made with stock aerodynamics in mind.

appreciated, thanks :)

Edited by Seth Kerman

Gonna try it out, though I'm not sure if the FAR configs are working (they were commented out in my download).

I might try setting up my own configs, but AFAIK the wing models have to be positioned in a certain way relatively to the origin in the 3D editor (i.e. in the same way the stock ones were), otherwise they won't work no matter how you config them (usually it results in the wing, as calculated by FAR, being completely outside the model, in the opposite direction from the leading edge).

Edited by m4ti140

14 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

It also carries 1.875m parts like the MOLE modules. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.