[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

7 hours ago, BlaZe119 said:

what effects mod did you use Avalon?

Stock Visual Enhancements and scatterer take care of the planets and the atmosphere. RealPlume Stock takes care of the rocket plumes. KSC++ makes KSC seem more lively. And though I dont remember if I had TextureReplacer insalled, I use that, along with Raredens 4k skybox to making outer space seem more spacy....

On 8/11/2016 at 2:54 AM, Avalon304 said:

Stock Visual Enhancements and scatterer take care of the planets and the atmosphere. RealPlume Stock takes care of the rocket plumes. KSC++ makes KSC seem more lively. And though I dont remember if I had TextureReplacer insalled, I use that, along with Raredens 4k skybox to making outer space seem more spacy....

thanks!

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:54 PM, Avalon304 said:

Avalon304,

I'm just wondering where can I get the KSC++ mod because I can't seem to find it either on here, Spacedock., or Curse.

Thanks for the Tutorial :)

3 hours ago, Turk_WLF said:

Avalon304,

I'm just wondering where can I get the KSC++ mod because I can't seem to find it either on here, Spacedock., or Curse.

Thanks for the Tutorial :)

You can find it here:

Just scroll down past the SXT stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.  I have been using the mini shuttle for a while now (haven't unlocked Super 25 yet) and each landing I make the little guy does a spin out.  That would be cool if I was recording videos, but I have broken a few shuttles doing this.  Could this be more of the landing gear bug rearing its ugly head?  

I'll see if I can get some screen shots the next time I do a landing.  

Edited by smotheredrun

On 8/25/2016 at 0:01 PM, Al Tech said:

In the Space Center Vehicles, how do I make the firetruck put out fires with the water pump? it doesn't seem to work.

I do not believe the fire truck actually shoots water.  Would be cool if it did though.  It may be one of those things that is listed on one of those "things to do in the future" lists

4 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

I do not believe the fire truck actually shoots water.  Would be cool if it did though.  It may be one of those things that is listed on one of those "things to do in the future" lists

I've tried to modify the game files but all it's done is make another engine. There's a water.mu in the files though, but I don't know how to open it.

On 8/25/2016 at 10:01 AM, Al Tech said:

In the Space Center Vehicles, how do I make the firetruck put out fires with the water pump? it doesn't seem to work.

We had to disable it some time ago because of issues it was causing. I do not believe we ever reenabled it, even though the option for it is still there.

15 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Hey guys.  I have been using the mini shuttle for a while now (haven't unlocked Super 25 yet) and each landing I make the little guy does a spin out.  That would be cool if I was recording videos, but I have broken a few shuttles doing this.  Could this be more of the landing gear bug rearing its ugly head?  

I'll see if I can get some screen shots the next time I do a landing.  

That certainly sounds like the wheels are just being buggy due to the 1.1 wheel implementation being sorta garbage.

13 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

That certainly sounds like the wheels are just being buggy due to the 1.1 wheel implementation being sorta garbage.

Sooo.....  Retro rockets and real hoverboard (aka Back To The Future II) type repulsor-lift engines then?

Edited by smotheredrun

• 2 weeks later...

Upon further testing (crashes and water landings).....  several things have become apparent:

1.  I am a terrible pilot.

1A.  I have boosted re-entry heating by quite a bit in this current 1.1.3. career I am playing.  No more nose dives to the KSC from 30 000 m - I keep cooking my Kerbals

1B.  Because of 1A, I now need to actually plan my descents, which is cool, because math is cool.

2.  If I bring a shuttle full of fuel/payload back to KSC (or at least to Kerbin), I need to make my de-orbit burn sooner to get closer to KSC (or even on the runway - it actually happened once!) because well, math.

3. The landing victory spin out I mentioned above appears to manifest only on the Mini Shuttle.  The Super 25 lands (crashes/splashes) like a dream!

So I wonder, are there any differences in the (insert proper technical words here) I'm going to say script/programming of one set of landing gear to the other?  Or I am just a better crasher with the Super 25? 

4ij4RWb.jpg

edIq7mE.jpg

Edited by smotheredrun
To add pictures of my actual LANDing, not CRASHing

19 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Upon further testing (crashes and water landings).....  several things have become apparent:

1.  I am a terrible pilot.

1A.  I have boosted re-entry heating by quite a bit in this current 1.1.3. career I am playing.  No more nose dives to the KSC from 30 000 m - I keep cooking my Kerbals

1B.  Because of 1A, I now need to actually plan my descents, which is cool, because math is cool.

2.  If I bring a shuttle full of fuel/payload back to KSC (or at least to Kerbin), I need to make my de-orbit burn sooner to get closer to KSC (or even on the runway - it actually happened once!) because well, math.

3. The landing victory spin out I mentioned above appears to manifest only on the Mini Shuttle.  The Super 25 lands (crashes/splashes) like a dream!

So I wonder, are there any differences in the (insert proper technical words here) I'm going to say script/programming of one set of landing gear to the other?  Or I am just a better crasher with the Super 25? 

4ij4RWb.jpg

edIq7mE.jpg

Wow... you were able to get MechJeb to not plow your shuttle into the ground with spaceplane guidance? Amazing.

Anyway, the smaller orbiter likely spins out as it does because light vehicles on the 1.1.3 wheels just like to spin out (see also space center vehicles), I really hope the 1.2 wheels are much better in this regard...

3 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Wow... you were able to get MechJeb to not plow your shuttle into the ground with spaceplane guidance? Amazing.

Anyway, the smaller orbiter likely spins out as it does because light vehicles on the 1.1.3 wheels just like to spin out (see also space center vehicles), I really hope the 1.2 wheels are much better in this regard...

If Avalon304 is Amazed then I'm doubly Impressed! :cool:

6 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Haha thanks, but I only use the spaceplane guidance for targeting purposes.... I still fly by hand.... Learned a while ago that the autopilot likes to sacrifice Kerbals more than I do.  The approaches that MechJeb makes on the Spaceplane Autopilot just seem to take forever and yes, usually ends up decorating the countryside with little bits of Kerbals and rockets

In reality the 25 is one of my favourite vehicles to fly.... the launch wobbles and drift on both the Mini and the 25 seem to add to the challenge... It just truly seems less Kerbally if everything goes exactly where you plan/want/need it to go.

I have noticed the space centre (or center if you are American ;P) vehicles do have a propensity for spinning out, but hey, who doesn't want their rescue crew to do that on the way to the crash site, right?

Edited by smotheredrun
just because

51 minutes ago, montyben101 said:

Is this still being worked on? or just updated so it is compatible with each new KSP update?

I would guess that because several members who develop this mod appear to be involved in the experimentals phase of 1.2, this could be on the back burner for a while.  That said, this mod and all of it's parts work well, except for the Mini Orbiter's wheels, but if you do water landings, you don't have to worry about the wheels!

3 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

I would guess that because several members who develop this mod appear to be involved in the experimentals phase of 1.2, this could be on the back burner for a while.  That said, this mod and all of it's parts work well, except for the Mini Orbiter's wheels, but if you do water landings, you don't have to worry about the wheels!

Wait, what?

Just now, smotheredrun said:

Or perhaps I mispoke?  I was still half asleep from my gig the night before and the 630 am wake up call via the construction equipment one block over from me.  I've been wrong before

Well, I am not aware of either helldiver or Naz being involved in the experimentals phase of 1.2....

is there a mirror download anywhere or can someone share a download? space dock doesnt seem tow ant to let me download the full file and so i cant extract it. i'm trying to use the space center vehicles

Edited by run1235

So, @helldiver, It's been about a month or two. Do you have anything snapshot-worthy? You had the engines down last time, but the main body was still a low LOD model. I was just wanting to see if any progress was made.

(for the love of god moderators I'm just curious. I'm not badgering or anything so please leave me alone.)

Also, it appears that update 1.2 isn't going to break anything, as far as I can tell. It seems as if they're incorporating some of Remote Tech's stuff into the game, such as communications distance, relays, and lack of control of unmanned vessels (although they do allow some, saying it's "autopilot". Basically no maneuver nodes, SAS nodes, or transmitting data. Just enough to limp your craft back into range.)

So, you'd just have to work with adding some transmitters onto the shuttles. It would be rather nice, actually, since adding comms dishes outside of it just looks ugly. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.