[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Nazari1382

Also, by the way, what software do you use to model the parts?

I was able to open the development kit parts with the 3d editor that comes with windows 10, but couldn't open the other parts from the mod.

The only other 3d modeling software I have is SolidWorks, but I'm pretty sure that that's not what you used.

guys, i know a good mod. it adds nasa things, there is a space shuttle but you dont have to download that.

this is a download to a nasa 747 (the 747 has no textures for now) and other nasa vehicles:https://github.com/MrMikeNZ/Mike_NZ-Addons/releases/

this is the 'space shuttle addons page' (where i got the github link):

Edited by BlaZe119

18 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I was able to open the development kit parts with the 3d editor that comes with windows 10, but couldn't open the other parts from the mod.

The only thing I know that can open an *.mu file, other then KSP, is the *.mu importer for Blender. As far as I know Helldriver uses 3d Studio Max. All *.mu files are compiled by the Unity engine, which is a separate program.

On 6/16/2016 at 9:23 PM, Eskandare said:

The only thing I know that can open an *.mu file, other then KSP, is the *.mu importer for Blender. As far as I know Helldriver uses 3d Studio Max. All *.mu files are compiled by the Unity engine, which is a separate program.

soooo.... you're a mod maker? you made the post of cities of kerbin

Update version 4.4

-Landing gear modules updated for 1.1 compatibility

-Flight model and control balance tweaks

- Additional community compatibility and patch files now more organized.

-Heat tuning files added to configs folder

-Engine emissive texture tweaks

-Engine gimbal toggle for shuttle engines: Added a new animation to replace KM_Gimbal functionality.

-Fixes for IVA modules affected by 1.1, including RPM errors and support for IVA mask features.

-Support for BDArmory Mouseaim module on Helicopter spotlight.

-Updated craft files

Thanks to Avalon304 for spending a lot of time testing updates!

Edited by Nazari1382

1 hour ago, Nazari1382 said:

Update version 4.4

Thx for update! Space Center Vehicles absolutely musthave for immersive play :)

But... it seems fuelcells (aka car/truck engines) did not work... Same problem as with RLA_Stockalike Monoprop Fuelcell... :(

5 minutes ago, ZobrAA said:

Thx for update! Space Center Vehicles absolutely musthave for immersive play :)

But... it seems fuelcells (aka car/truck engines) did not work... Same problem as with RLA_Stockalike Monoprop Fuelcell... :(

screenshot of your gamedata folder?

8 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

The car and truck engines should work, you should only need to stage them.

No difference when staged...

8 minutes ago, Nazari1382 said:

screenshot

Super fast answer, thx! Screenshots? Sure :)

1 minute ago, ZobrAA said:

No difference when staged...

Super fast answer, thx! Screenshots? Sure :)

Do you have the newest copy of Firespitter? I just verified that it works. The only real purpose of it is to add the vehicle sounds through firespitter, and generate electric charge. I noticed you have the throttle down as well? Try updating firespitter, throttling up, and staging the engines. You should hear the engine run and see it add electricCharge. beyond that, the only issue I can see is it might just not generate charge as fast as the udpated wheels are using it.

7 minutes ago, Nazari1382 said:

Do you have the newest copy of Firespitter? I just verified that it works. The only real purpose of it is to add the vehicle sounds through firespitter, and generate electric charge. I noticed you have the throttle down as well? Try updating firespitter, throttling up, and staging the engines. You should hear the engine run and see it add electricCharge. beyond that, the only issue I can see is it might just not generate charge as fast as the udpated wheels are using it.

Yes, now I totally understand. I was in sure that "engine" is like a fuel cell, because in SXT trucks works like that... My bad! :rolleyes: And thx for the help! :)

Edited by ZobrAA

This shuttle and all of it's assets should have been stock... the original design of the shuttle is based on a space shuttle toy from Kerbal Space Porgram that's been around for a while at Squad.

6 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

This shuttle and all of it's assets should have been stock... the original design of the shuttle is based on a space shuttle toy from Kerbal Space Porgram that's been around for a while at Squad.

It is actually entirely Helldiver's attempt at a chibi, Kerbal-appropriate shuttle. It was modeled in 2013 when Squad had nothing Shuttle related in game, beyond the original Mk3 cockpit, which had no supporting shuttle parts. It is not based on anything Squad had or thought of at that time.

17 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

Be honest, did you just make that up? From what I'm aware of, and as Nazari pointed out, it's a chibi, kerbalized design based on a combination of the X-37B spaceplane and the American space shuttle.

Excellent! Thanks for the update, been waiting patiently for this before beginning a proper save.

Does anyone still have a working FStextureSwitch cfg? Finding it after the forum software change and its subsequent dead links is a nightmare. I tried setting one up quickly this morning but I'm stuck on the objectNames field in the module.

1 minute ago, Fly Angry said:

Excellent! Thanks for the update, been waiting patiently for this before beginning a proper save.

Does anyone still have a working FStextureSwitch cfg? Finding it after the forum software change and its subsequent dead links is a nightmare. I tried setting one up quickly this morning but I'm stuck on the objectNames field in the module.

Here you go:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14006682/Textureswitch.zip

You'll just have to edit the texture names and locations.

3 minutes ago, Fly Angry said:

Cheers Avalon, much appreciated.

Oh... theres an extra module for the super 25's right wing in the super 25 patch... its for if you want to add a flag and name to the right wing like the real space shuttle.

Just now, Avalon304 said:

Oh... theres an extra module for the super 25's right wing in the super 25 patch... its for if you want to add a flag and name to the right wing like the real space shuttle.

Yeah just noticed that, thanks. I wonder where I saved that .psd with all my ship names set up......... :huh:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.