Nazari1382

[1.1.3] KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) Legacy Packs & Development Updates

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Adam Kerman said:

So where is the download?

For the EX? The EX isnt ready yet, its still a work in progress. 1.0.5 versions of the KSOS can be downloaded off SpaceDock, and can be found in the original post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Adam Kerman said:

So where is the download?

Helldiver said it is a WIP and that it isn't even ready to be textured yet. There is nothing to download yet. We're being given a preview of the KSO EX and its features. I like the new look, too! :) Now if I could have a dialog box that let my type in a name and the KSO plugin could generate a texture for it and dynamically load it into the scene, I'd be in heaven. I know how to do all of that except generate the texture..

I will miss the originals but they flew well. This new KSO is a worthy successor. :)

Edited by Angel-125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 4:54 AM, helldiver said:

It's not an issue of not wanting to add more people perse, it's really just me not wanting to be swamped with the same reports :D

Basically, back in the day when Nazari had just signed on to just put the original KSO into KSP, I thought I was going to have to be more involved in the Unity -> KSP process. But since he took over the actual internal parts of the KSO, config files and all the other stuff, the amount of people needed to test became less and less. The main requirement for testers was to test behavior of how the shuttle would interact with other mods and other situations using parts I didn't know about or was used to.

I don't want to announce or say what's all going on at this moment. But in the coming week I'll be making announcements regarding the mod as well as its new direction. I think more people will be happy than sad, and after all that was always my goal; to encompass as many players with a good "kerbally" looking shuttle.

And so I present:

zZ3C9VH.jpg

Please keep in mind that it is a WIP and will still be a bit until it is ready for me to even begin texturing it.

Current features planned:

  • 2.7 meter usable width of the cargo bay. 5.5m length as of the latest edits.
  • Moon Door can fit a standard docking port easily with plenty of room.
  • Moon Door bay will have colliders for additional equipment.
  • Measured and built to Squad's KSP measurements. What I see in Max, is what Nazari sees in Unity and what you guys will see in game. No more weird scaling and "virtual" measurements.
  • Significant savings in texture memory footprint. With this will come at caveat; No more KSO Standard, No more KSO Super 25. These will no longer be part of the mod. KSO EX replaces both of those.
  • With the exception of the Cockpit, Nose Cone, Cargo Bay, Rear End and CSEs, all parts of this mod are fully 100% modular and usable with other KSP parts. The wings are still up in the air do to the way the surfaces blend into the body. However they may still be used in other projects.
  • Fuselage no longer a single part.
  • RCS, MONO tanks, engine mountings are all separate parts usable in other projects. Don't like my RCS? Use a stock RCS or RCS from another mod and still have it look good in the shuttle.
  • Rear End and RCS tank shrouds can all be removed revealing interior detail and additional mounting locations for more stuff.
  • All parts will have interior details... yes, the formers, frames, ribs, plumbing, electrical, electrical boxes, batteries, turbo pumps, hydraulics.... yes.. all that will be modeled.
  • KSO EX supports Squad's proposed "Internal View" feature. It may not be complete when I release the mod, but it will fully support it.
  • Full support for Flags, alternate names, and "Drag and Drop" name changing. No more having to change the entire texture!
  • Fully modeled and detailed cockpit interior and Moon Door bay.
  • NASA Space Shuttle-like cargo bay.
  • All new fully modular EFT, EFT to Shuttle mounting frames, and sepatrons.
  • All new fully modular SRBs, yes SRBs, not LRBs anymore.
  • Landing Gear and all other parts besides those mentioned above are self contained and no longer have boxes around them. That means you can use the main gear in other projects without them looking out of place.

Potential Features

  • Drag and Drop Albedo/Diffuse texture changing. This will allow you to edit the primary shuttle texture and still receive proper lighting/surface/displacement.
  • Support for additional parts, storage compartments, and supplies in the cockpit. This feature would remove the outer skin of the cabin allowing you to mount more parts.
  • Support for Kerbalism as well as TAC Life Support mods.
  • Possibility for the Cargo Bay to also be modular allowing you to stack several of them making a really long shuttle...

This announcement literally made my weekend. I'll also miss the Super 25 and KSO Standard but I'm confident this new shuttle will serve any and all needs I will have in the future. This mod redefined IVA's for my alongside ASET and made me get super into running IVA only missions. Very excited for the future announcements! Can't wait to see what you do with the station parts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2016 at 1:54 AM, helldiver said:

And so I present:

zZ3C9VH.jpg

Please keep in mind that it is a WIP and will still be a bit until it is ready for me to even begin texturing it.

Looks outstanding!  I remember when the original mod was still in the WIP dev thread, and the general mood was that of a 5-year old at 6am on Christmas morning waiting for Mom and Dad to wake up and have their coffee because you *knew* the really cool presents were there waiting to be opened, but until you were, shall we say, "released" to get them, there was that whole painful "When do I get to play with the toys?" anticipation.  That's what I get when I see these.

Oh, and +1 to the 2.5mx5m, which I already know is my future favorite shuttle.

Oh, and also - you guys made the most Kerbally shuttle of the mix, and this looks to continue that.  Thanks @helldiver and @Nazari1382 for all the continued amazing hard work!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Oh, and +1 to the 2.5mx5m, which I already know is my future favorite shuttle.

 

 

It already exists, the new one is the 2.7x5.5 shuttle. The old shuttles will be legacy downloads, and the largest one will be the "official" version of the mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nazari1382 said:

It already exists, the new one is the 2.7x5.5 shuttle. The old shuttles will be legacy downloads, and the largest one will be the "official" version of the mod.

Ah - misread that, thought that we were talking multiple shuttles.  Cool, I know it's going to look as great as the originals, though I'll miss the twin tail design.

I'll also miss the original KSO shuttle, but mostly just because it was so wonderfully compact.

Edited by panarchist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2016 at 5:54 AM, helldiver said:

It's not an issue of not wanting to add more people perse, it's really just me not wanting to be swamped with the same reports :D

Basically, back in the day when Nazari had just signed on to just put the original KSO into KSP, I thought I was going to have to be more involved in the Unity -> KSP process. But since he took over the actual internal parts of the KSO, config files and all the other stuff, the amount of people needed to test became less and less. The main requirement for testers was to test behavior of how the shuttle would interact with other mods and other situations using parts I didn't know about or was used to.

I don't want to announce or say what's all going on at this moment. But in the coming week I'll be making announcements regarding the mod as well as its new direction. I think more people will be happy than sad, and after all that was always my goal; to encompass as many players with a good "kerbally" looking shuttle.

And so I present:

zZ3C9VH.jpg

Please keep in mind that it is a WIP and will still be a bit until it is ready for me to even begin texturing it.

Current features planned:

  • 2.7 meter usable width of the cargo bay. 5.5m length as of the latest edits.
  • Moon Door can fit a standard docking port easily with plenty of room.
  • Moon Door bay will have colliders for additional equipment.
  • Measured and built to Squad's KSP measurements. What I see in Max, is what Nazari sees in Unity and what you guys will see in game. No more weird scaling and "virtual" measurements.
  • Significant savings in texture memory footprint. With this will come at caveat; No more KSO Standard, No more KSO Super 25. These will no longer be part of the mod. KSO EX replaces both of those.
  • With the exception of the Cockpit, Nose Cone, Cargo Bay, Rear End and CSEs, all parts of this mod are fully 100% modular and usable with other KSP parts. The wings are still up in the air do to the way the surfaces blend into the body. However they may still be used in other projects.
  • Fuselage no longer a single part.
  • RCS, MONO tanks, engine mountings are all separate parts usable in other projects. Don't like my RCS? Use a stock RCS or RCS from another mod and still have it look good in the shuttle.
  • Rear End and RCS tank shrouds can all be removed revealing interior detail and additional mounting locations for more stuff.
  • All parts will have interior details... yes, the formers, frames, ribs, plumbing, electrical, electrical boxes, batteries, turbo pumps, hydraulics.... yes.. all that will be modeled.
  • KSO EX supports Squad's proposed "Internal View" feature. It may not be complete when I release the mod, but it will fully support it.
  • Full support for Flags, alternate names, and "Drag and Drop" name changing. No more having to change the entire texture!
  • Fully modeled and detailed cockpit interior and Moon Door bay.
  • NASA Space Shuttle-like cargo bay.
  • All new fully modular EFT, EFT to Shuttle mounting frames, and sepatrons.
  • All new fully modular SRBs, yes SRBs, not LRBs anymore.
  • Landing Gear and all other parts besides those mentioned above are self contained and no longer have boxes around them. That means you can use the main gear in other projects without them looking out of place.

Potential Features

  • Drag and Drop Albedo/Diffuse texture changing. This will allow you to edit the primary shuttle texture and still receive proper lighting/surface/displacement.
  • Support for additional parts, storage compartments, and supplies in the cockpit. This feature would remove the outer skin of the cabin allowing you to mount more parts.
  • Support for Kerbalism as well as TAC Life Support mods.
  • Possibility for the Cargo Bay to also be modular allowing you to stack several of them making a really long shuttle...

WOW How I really want this little thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@helldiver and @Nazari1382 Great news about the continuation of this project. I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your work, and the kerbally look of the shuttles. I'll be one of many eagerly, but patiently, awaiting more news and updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a big poster on here and I'm sorry for sounding like a huge groupie but I felt I had to write that the KSO shuttles have been one of my favorite mods for this game and while I am really excited to see the new shuttle I'll be very sad to be losing the older two.

 

Would the old shuttles be able to be given a final update or even authorizing someone to keep them updated? I am aware that as someone who hasn't made anything in this mod it might seem a bit rich to demand that people just make things for me but it would be great to keep them alive. I would offer my own services but these are limited to areas such as making tea which it turns out actually has no affect on my inability to code things!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2016 at 3:54 AM, helldiver said:

It's not an issue of not wanting to add more people perse, it's really just me not wanting to be swamped with the same reports :D

Basically, back in the day when Nazari had just signed on to just put the original KSO into KSP, I thought I was going to have to be more involved in the Unity -> KSP process. But since he took over the actual internal parts of the KSO, config files and all the other stuff, the amount of people needed to test became less and less. The main requirement for testers was to test behavior of how the shuttle would interact with other mods and other situations using parts I didn't know about or was used to.

I don't want to announce or say what's all going on at this moment. But in the coming week I'll be making announcements regarding the mod as well as its new direction. I think more people will be happy than sad, and after all that was always my goal; to encompass as many players with a good "kerbally" looking shuttle.

And so I present:

zZ3C9VH.jpg

Please keep in mind that it is a WIP and will still be a bit until it is ready for me to even begin texturing it.

Current features planned:

  • 2.7 meter usable width of the cargo bay. 5.5m length as of the latest edits.
  • Moon Door can fit a standard docking port easily with plenty of room.
  • Moon Door bay will have colliders for additional equipment.
  • Measured and built to Squad's KSP measurements. What I see in Max, is what Nazari sees in Unity and what you guys will see in game. No more weird scaling and "virtual" measurements.
  • Significant savings in texture memory footprint. With this will come at caveat; No more KSO Standard, No more KSO Super 25. These will no longer be part of the mod. KSO EX replaces both of those.
  • With the exception of the Cockpit, Nose Cone, Cargo Bay, Rear End and CSEs, all parts of this mod are fully 100% modular and usable with other KSP parts. The wings are still up in the air do to the way the surfaces blend into the body. However they may still be used in other projects.
  • Fuselage no longer a single part.
  • RCS, MONO tanks, engine mountings are all separate parts usable in other projects. Don't like my RCS? Use a stock RCS or RCS from another mod and still have it look good in the shuttle.
  • Rear End and RCS tank shrouds can all be removed revealing interior detail and additional mounting locations for more stuff.
  • All parts will have interior details... yes, the formers, frames, ribs, plumbing, electrical, electrical boxes, batteries, turbo pumps, hydraulics.... yes.. all that will be modeled.
  • KSO EX supports Squad's proposed "Internal View" feature. It may not be complete when I release the mod, but it will fully support it.
  • Full support for Flags, alternate names, and "Drag and Drop" name changing. No more having to change the entire texture!
  • Fully modeled and detailed cockpit interior and Moon Door bay.
  • NASA Space Shuttle-like cargo bay.
  • All new fully modular EFT, EFT to Shuttle mounting frames, and sepatrons.
  • All new fully modular SRBs, yes SRBs, not LRBs anymore.
  • Landing Gear and all other parts besides those mentioned above are self contained and no longer have boxes around them. That means you can use the main gear in other projects without them looking out of place.

Potential Features

  • Drag and Drop Albedo/Diffuse texture changing. This will allow you to edit the primary shuttle texture and still receive proper lighting/surface/displacement.
  • Support for additional parts, storage compartments, and supplies in the cockpit. This feature would remove the outer skin of the cabin allowing you to mount more parts.
  • Support for Kerbalism as well as TAC Life Support mods.
  • Possibility for the Cargo Bay to also be modular allowing you to stack several of them making a really long shuttle...

SWEET JESUS ALMIGHTY!!!

THIS IS AMAZING!

 

I had a feeling that Helldiver was working on something big but WOW! THIS IS AWESOME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some glitches.... Now, im going to ask how do you install the mod? I do know how but there are some glitches for me, i want to know if im downloading it correct or if i should just wait for the full release for 1.0.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ojdp2 said:

I'm not a big poster on here and I'm sorry for sounding like a huge groupie but I felt I had to write that the KSO shuttles have been one of my favorite mods for this game and while I am really excited to see the new shuttle I'll be very sad to be losing the older two.

 

Would the old shuttles be able to be given a final update or even authorizing someone to keep them updated? I am aware that as someone who hasn't made anything in this mod it might seem a bit rich to demand that people just make things for me but it would be great to keep them alive. I would offer my own services but these are limited to areas such as making tea which it turns out actually has no affect on my inability to code things!

 

I agree. I will enjoy the new work, but would also enjoy the old models. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this has probably been asked before, but my google-fu has failed me (must seek my inner spirit to regain, oh well). What has been confirmed to work on 1.1?

I know that fixes have been found for the space station pack, but what is the status of the vehicles pack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, marsfan said:

I know this has probably been asked before, but my google-fu has failed me (must seek my inner spirit to regain, oh well). What has been confirmed to work on 1.1?

I know that fixes have been found for the space station pack, but what is the status of the vehicles pack?

basically almost everything doesnt work for 1.1, i tested it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, marsfan said:

I know this has probably been asked before, but my google-fu has failed me (must seek my inner spirit to regain, oh well). What has been confirmed to work on 1.1?

I know that fixes have been found for the space station pack, but what is the status of the vehicles pack?

Other than the station parts (with the fix posted a few pages back)? Nothing has been confirmed to work.

 

None of the wheels in any pack will work. And its very likely that some animations will be broken too.

 

12 hours ago, BlaZe119 said:

There are some glitches.... Now, im going to ask how do you install the mod? I do know how but there are some glitches for me, i want to know if im downloading it correct or if i should just wait for the full release for 1.0.5

For 1.0.5? You go to the original post, download the packs you want and extract them to your KSP GameData directory. For 1.1. You dont do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Other than the station parts (with the fix posted a few pages back)? Nothing has been confirmed to work.

 

None of the wheels in any pack will work. And its very likely that some animations will be broken too.

 

For 1.0.5? You go to the original post, download the packs you want and extract them to your KSP GameData directory. For 1.1. You dont do anything.

ok maybe i should delete my mods and just use kso, see how that works.

im using 1.0.5 instead of 1.1 cuz the engines arent working, but does it work for you?

Edited by BlaZe119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlaZe119 said:

ok maybe i should delete my mods and just use kso, see how that works.

im using 1.0.5 instead of 1.1 cuz the engines arent working, but does it work for you?

What issues are you having?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

What issues are you having?

i was going to play kso with 1.1 and these are my issues: the wheels of the cars not working (everyone should know that). the oms engine has the flame particle messed up and is not a 'stage' i have to manually activate the engine by right clicking the engine i also have to manually activate the normal engines for the kso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlaZe119 said:

i was going to play kso with 1.1 and these are my issues: the wheels of the cars not working (everyone should know that). the oms engine has the flame particle messed up and is not a 'stage' i have to manually activate the engine by right clicking the engine i also have to manually activate the normal engines for the kso

If youre trying to use any of the KSOS in 1.1, it probably wont work (The car wheels and the shuttle landing gear will not work, and Im not sure what changes have been made to the 1.1 version of firespitter, which the shuttles rely on). As far as Im aware, no work has been done (by either helldiver or Nazari) to bring version 4.3 of the KSOS (the version linked in the OP) into 1.1. There was a community fix for the Space Station parts pack a few pages back, but nothing else.

 

So if youre having issues with the KSO in 1.1 my advice would be not to play with the KSOS in 1.1. The last supported KSP version for the KSOS is 1.0.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

If youre trying to use any of the KSOS in 1.1, it probably wont work (The car wheels and the shuttle landing gear will not work, and Im not sure what changes have been made to the 1.1 version of firespitter, which the shuttles rely on). As far as Im aware, no work has been done (by either helldiver or Nazari) to bring version 4.3 of the KSOS (the version linked in the OP) into 1.1. There was a community fix for the Space Station parts pack a few pages back, but nothing else.

 

So if youre having issues with the KSO in 1.1 my advice would be not to play with the KSOS in 1.1. The last supported KSP version for the KSOS is 1.0.5.

just fixed the engine problem... the game crashed

YES!!! THE LANDING GEAR ISNT BROKEN

actually the gear doesnt work :C

Edited by BlaZe119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

As far as Im aware, no work has been done (by either helldiver or Nazari) to bring version 4.3 of the KSOS (the version linked in the OP) into 1.1. 

I posted very recently and said it was being worked on...

3 hours ago, BlaZe119 said:

just fixed the engine problem... the game crashed

YES!!! THE LANDING GEAR ISNT BROKEN

actually the gear doesnt work :C

1.1 isn't supported until I release an updated version. This means we don't need the thread spammed with posts speculating whether the mod is good to go for 1.1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but when you said the old version being 'worked on' do you mean that the little shuttles will be updated to 1.1 and that the EX will be in the future? If the 4.3 is being updated to 1.1 you have just made my night!

 

Or did you mean that the 1.1 release of KSO will only be the new EX version? Apologies if this was already painfully obvious to everyone and I have missed a trick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ojdp2 said:

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but when you said the old version being 'worked on' do you mean that the little shuttles will be updated to 1.1 and that the EX will be in the future? If the 4.3 is being updated to 1.1 you have just made my night!

 

Or did you mean that the 1.1 release of KSO will only be the new EX version? Apologies if this was already painfully obvious to everyone and I have missed a trick!

The KSO EX will replace the old models

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ojdp2 said:

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but when you said the old version being 'worked on' do you mean that the little shuttles will be updated to 1.1 and that the EX will be in the future? If the 4.3 is being updated to 1.1 you have just made my night!

 

Or did you mean that the 1.1 release of KSO will only be the new EX version? Apologies if this was already painfully obvious to everyone and I have missed a trick!

I will be updating the current parts because they are broken, but they will become the legacy versions of the shuttle. The intent is that there will be one officially supported shuttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.