Customizable Orbit Map Views

Hello community.

I had a cool little GUI idea that could make your KSP save your KSP save. Basically, my idea was you could customize the colors of each orbit and even add more options to the craft type selection menu. As in you could make your 'GPS' Satellites orange, your scanners green, etc. How cool would that be! I thought maybe you could even customize planet and moon orbit colors. You could customize your map view and even make all of your craft more organized. I know this could be a mod, but for the soon releasing XBONE, WiiU, and PS4 versions it adds a whole new level of organization, customization, and creativity.

Another idea of mine was to have the ability to edit orbits with maneuvers from map view at the KSC for interjection burns, stabilization burns, and panic edits for satellites.

My final idea was to be able to change the name and craft type from map view. To change a satellite or craft name, I have to go to the craft and find the command pod, I believe this should be more streamlined.

-aperture science employee

4 hours ago, Maximus97 said:

I feel like Aperture science is beginning a hostile takeover...

I agree that it would be pretty sweet to customize orbit colors and whatnot. I wanna see more blue c:

Thank you for supporting my suggestion. Everyone just loves blue, right. Also you saw nothing.

2 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

Shhhh...

You saw nothing...

It's ok :)...

LOL

2 hours ago, StarManta said:

The color of a vessel's orbit could be changed in the same menu where its name and icon get changed, and as mentioned, this menu ought to be available from more places.

Map View and Tracking Station.

On 2/24/2016 at 10:17 PM, Aperture Science Employee said:

Hello community.

I had a cool little GUI idea that could make your KSP save your KSP save. Basically, my idea was you could customize the colors of each orbit and even add more options to the craft type selection menu. As in you could make your 'GPS' Satellites orange, your scanners green, etc. How cool would that be! I thought maybe you could even customize planet and moon orbit colors. You could customize your map view and even make all of your craft more organized. I know this could be a mod, but for the soon releasing XBONE, WiiU, and PS4 versions it adds a whole new level of organization, customization, and creativity.

Another idea of mine was to have the ability to edit orbits with maneuvers from map view at the KSC for interjection burns, stabilization burns, and panic edits for satellites.

My final idea was to be able to change the name and craft type from map view. To change a satellite or craft name, I have to go to the craft and find the command pod, I believe this should be more streamlined.

-aperture science employee

I like the idea of changing the name of crafts and the type from the map view. Image opening every file in a text editor JUST to change the name, same idea and same inconveience ESPECIALLY if your "doc" is thousands of lines of code that needs to be loaded just to change its name.

Couldn't this be a mod or a set of options inside of the game files? I use a lot of software that is configurable through text files or in-game settings. A lot of them require software restarts. I can imagine Squad could allow us to change the color of the UI in some aspects, but making a GUI that updates the UI in real-time sounds like an unreal fantasy, especially for complex in-game rendering.(which is currently still getting the Unity 5 treatment)

Edited by MKI

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.