Tracking Station Bug(?) - Planets on wrong place

Hi there,

i've a little problem with my Tracking Station.

Here are some screenshots:

Link1 Link2 Link3

KSP: 1.0.5 Windows 7 64bit

Problem: Planets placed wrong - even Kerbol. Sometimes after starting the game, everything is ok. After a while (less then 2h) i check the thracking station and there it is...

Mods installed:

screenshot

Log:

Output_log.txt

Its not affecting the gameplay but it is very anoying!

All suggestions are welcome!

Grüße :)

Edit:

Here is someone with the same problem but no fix.

FYI: Res. Multimonitor 1st: 1920*1080 (playing Fullscreen on 1080); 2nd: 1920*1200 and yes i do often Tab out for multitasking and force opengl as well..

GPU: 780ti (Drivers updated) CPU: Xeon 1230v3

Edited by CaptainCook86

@CaptainCook86 Yes... this si a known issue, introduced with 1.0.5... There are actually SEVERAL threads about this, from last Nov right after 1.0.5 released...

It has to do with fullscreen mode... I may have this wrong, so Google for other threads for the issue, but IIRC, it happens when playing in fullscreen, with a monitor resolution that is not natively supported (you'll see your actual screen resolution NOT listed in the Game Settings menu)... This happens on ALL three OS versions (Win, Mac, Linux), and the fix should be the same...

You can either play windowed mode, OR, IIRC, you can select "Fullscreen" in the settings menu, exit the game normally, then open the setings.cfg in the KSP_win folder (or whatever the Steam KSP folder is)... Scroll down thru the .cfg a little bit, till you see:

SCREEN_RESOLUTION_WIDTH = 1280
SCREEN_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT = 720
FULLSCREEN = False

Change the width/height to your "unsupported" resolution, then make the FULLSCREEN line True...Save the file... Restart KSP... It may take a couple tries of loading the game for it to work...

ie I have a 1600 x 900 monitor on my laptop, which is not listed in the game settings menu...

So I make these changes, and I'm good to go:

SCREEN_RESOLUTION_WIDTH = 1600
SCREEN_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT = 900
FULLSCREEN = True

Edited by Stone Blue

10 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

it happens when playing in fullscreen, with a monitor resolution that is not natively supported (you'll see your actual screen resolution NOT listed in the Game Settings menu)... This happens on ALL three OS versions (Win, Mac, Linux), and the fix should be the same...

I must disagree as i am playing fullscreen with 1920*1080 settings on a 1920*1080 native Monitor. My second monitor has another resolution, but thats not that one i am playing on.

3 hours ago, Kermon said:

i would point at forced -opengl. starting without should be worth a try

I am trying that. So far not happend again. But am only playing since a few minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.