How do I set up vectoring jet nozzles?

52 minutes ago, nli2work said:

thrust vectoring is part of ModuleEngine... thrustVectorTransformName = 

point it to a visible mesh that's parent of thrustTransform and it should be good.

Yes I have that in my config already, but how do I move my nozzle parts only on the X axis? Referring to the afterburning jet engine as an example. This is the only thing that still baffles me. My thrustTransform is on Gimbal, but I only want to move the nozzle parts on the X not on the Y

Edited by Eskandare

8 minutes ago, nli2work said:

you have to use something like KMGimbal for that. stock module doesn't have axis limits.

I was avoiding KM gimbal, I really thought there was something in stock. Oh well, using KM gimbal.

Then what does this do?

MODULE
	{
		name = FXModuleConstrainPosition
		matchRotation = false
		matchPosition = true
		CONSTRAINFX
		{
			targetName = NozzlePoint
			moversName = Nozzle
		}
	}

Edited by Eskandare

that positions a mover object at the same location of target object; or make mover object match orientation of target object; or both. useful mostly for landing gear struts or wheel suspension stuff. purely for visual purposes.

Edited by nli2work

3 minutes ago, nli2work said:

that positions a mover object at the same location of target object; or make mover object match orientation of target object; or both. useful mostly for landing gear struts or wheel suspension stuff. purely for visual purposes.

Oh cool! That may become useful later on. Anyway KMGimbal did exactly what I wanted it to do.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.