[1.1.3] B737 MK3 Cockpit Interior with working systems, buttons and displays

DeputyLOL

5 hours ago, Ghosty141 said:

- Instruments now read altitude in FEET instead of meters, like the real thing. (let me know your thoughts on this).

PLEASE make this an option, most countries  use the metric system and reading stuff in feet is super annoying.

Most aircraft use feet as the altitude readout. (therefore vertical speed is also in ft/min). 

I will include a button that will display the altitude in meters as well as feet, but I can't make it so that the button changes EVERYTHING to meters.

Its HERE! NEAR!

There is now a more pressing reason to obey the overspeed warning and not try high G turns. I found that out the difficult way when I lost my rudder... and elevators.... and other stuff.

THINGS DONE:
- ALTITUDE NOW IN FEET. BUTTON TO DISPLAY METERS.
- ILS NOW USES NAVUTILITIES, MEANING IT IS MORE ACCURATE WORKS.
- SEATBELT SIGNS. MK3 CREW CABIN NOW HAS SEATBELT LIGHT THAT CAN BE CONTROLLED FROM COCKPIT. SWITCH CAN EITHER BE ON, OFF OR AUTO (MEANING IT WILL TURN ON AUTOMATICALLY WHEN BELOW 5000FT).
- GPWS (ANNOYING VOICE) NOW USES FEET, MEANING ITS MORE ACCURATE TO THE REAL THING. IT ALSO USES A DIFFERENT VOICE.
- GPWS CAN NOW ALERT YOU WHEN YOU DESCEND TOO FAR BELOW THE GLIDE SLOPE WHEN LANDING. YOU CAN CLICK THE 'BELOW GLIDESLOPE' LIGHT TO SILENCE IT.
- COCKPIT IS NOW WIDER, CAN ACTUALLY USE THE CENTER PANEL AND THROTTLES.
- CHANGED FLAP INDICATOR TO BE MORE REALISTIC.
- ADDED BRAKE PRESSURE GAUGE.
- ADDED AUTO PILOT AND AUTO THROTTLE LIGHTS (WIP)
- ADDED MORE STUFF TO THE OVERHEAD PANEL. MOST OF IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING BUT IT GIVES IT THAT REALLY BOEING 737 FEEL.....
CLUTTERED. (SWITCHES THAT DO STUFF WILL BE LABELLED)
- ALTIMETER NOW GOES TO 24000FT (STILL WORKING ON IT)

THINGS STILL TO DO:
- FIX STRENGTH ON SPOILERS SO THEY DON'T EXPLODE WHEN EXTENDED
- FIX STRENGTH ON RUDDER SO IT DOESN'T FALL OFF WHEN USED
- FIX STRENGTH ON ......... SO IT DOESN'T EXPLODE.
- ADD BUTTON TO ENABLE/DISABLE ILS.
- FIX AUTO THROTTLE LIGHTS NOT BLINKING YELLOW. 
- MOVE THE PFD AUTOPILOT MODE TO A 'SELECT_' STRING INSTEAD OF A TEXTURE.
- FIX CAPS LOCK.

THINGS THAT I CANT FIX:
There are something that are very flimsy and sketchy at the moment but I can't really do anything about it.
The autopilot is the biggest problem, It works but DO NOT USE THE 'ALT HOLD' BUTTON (with CMD on) WHEN NEAR THE GROUND. (especially after take off). When the autopilot is put into ALTHOLD mode, for some reason it decides to put the plane into a nose dive. If your near the ground... you crash.
Current Fix: Put the plane in V/S mode first (with CMD on) and wait for it to level out. Once it has then activate ALTHOLD and then LVLCHANGE. If the plane tries to dive, DISCONNECT THE AUTOPILOT (CMD button, button on Yoke or Big switch on MCP).

This is just such amazeballs! I've never been so blown away by a KSP mod before! Few other things:

1. Does this use the glide slope provided by Kujuman's ILS mod or is it seperate? I saw some discrepancies between the two displays in the video.

2. I'm trying to get Crzyrndm to use Kujuman's ILS mod to make an approach mode for his pilot assistant, could be very cool if he's willing/able.

3. Is your post above regarding 1.1 compatibility?

Edited by the_machemer

14 hours ago, the_machemer said:

This is just such amazeballs! I've never been so blown away by a KSP mod before! Few other things:

1. Does this use the glide slope provided by Kujuman's ILS mod or is it seperate? I saw some discrepancies between the two displays in the video.

2. I'm trying to get Crzyrndm to use Kujuman's ILS mod to make an approach mode for his pilot assistant, could be very cool if he's willing/able.

3. Is your post above regarding 1.1 compatibility?

Thank you so much.
1. In the new version, yes it does. The old one doesn't.
2. I don't think it is likely, Crzyrndm has made it clear before that he doesn't want auto-land functionality. He says that his mod is for making long flights easier and that's about it. If you want an autolanding autopilot, check out the Kramax autopilot mod. Its the same as pilot assistant but has waypoint and autoland functionality. (not compatible with RPM though)
3. The new version will be compatible with 1.1.1

Just gave it a go for the first time on my B772 and just... WOW, I was playing FSX in KSP! Few questions in order of importance:

1. How to get LNAV and VNAV working? I have PA and followed all checklists but the buttons don't activate them.
  2. Are "overspeeds" calculated for each flap configuration or do they have a set value? Either way, can I adjust it? When on flaps max, overspeed and stall are too close together for me to stay in the sweet spot with manual throttle control.
  3. Is it possible to for me to make it so that flaps 1 satisfies takeoff config?
  4. Any plans to make the cockpit model TweakScale compatible?

Sorry to throw a huge barrage of questions your way (again) but this is now my most important mod and i want it to work at 100%. Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by the_machemer

16 hours ago, the_machemer said:

Just gave it a go for the first time on my B772 and just... WOW, I was playing FSX in KSP! Few questions in order of importance:

1. How to get LNAV and VNAV working? I have PA and followed all checklists but the buttons don't activate them.
  2. Are "overspeeds" calculated for each flap configuration or do they have a set value? Either way, can I adjust it? When on flaps max, overspeed and stall are too close together for me to stay in the sweet spot with manual throttle control.
  3. Is it possible to for me to make it so that flaps 1 satisfies takeoff config?
  4. Any plans to make the cockpit model TweakScale compatible?

Sorry to throw a huge barrage of questions your way (again) but this is now my most important mod and i want it to work at 100%. Thanks in advance! :)

Hey man, glad you enjoy it.
1. The LNAV and VNAV buttons don't do anything yet. They will be used when or if RPM impletements waypoint compatibility or flight plans.
2. The overspeeds are fixed values that change with flaps and gear settings. There are circuit brakes at the back of the cockpit (accessable by the fourth seat). One of them disables the stall and overspeed warnings. (keep trying them until 'SPD LIM' shows on PFD)
- Alternatively, you can edit the config. AdvancedCockpit\Variables\Measurements\SPEEDLIMITS\OVERSPEED\OVERSPEED_SPEED.cfg (with any text editor)
- Change the numbers after "value =" it should be self explanatory to what speed refers to what configuration.
- default value Is the overspeed of a clean configuration.
3. If you want to change it yourself: AdvancedCockpit\Variables\Warnings\TAKEOFFCONFIGALERT.cfg
- scroll down 'TOCONFLAP' and change

SOURCE_VARIABLE
  {
    name = PLUGIN_JSIFAR:GetFlapSetting
    range = -0.5, 1.5 
  }

to

SOURCE_VARIABLE
  {
    name = PLUGIN_JSIFAR:GetFlapSetting
    range = -0.5, 0.5 
  }

4. No, I wouldn't know how to.... I got the cockpit model off another mod that's in the original post.

Hope that answers your questions.

1 hour ago, DeputyLOL said:

1. The LNAV and VNAV buttons don't do anything yet. They will be used when or if RPM impletements waypoint compatibility or flight plans.

Hmm I may have misunderstood what they do. Basically, what I was trying to ask was: how do I set the plane to the flight level I want using the V speed I've selected, and how do make it use the "Dir" function under "Roll and Yaw Control" in PA?

And thank you for the other answers, they were very helpful!

P.S.: Though I'm sure you've probably noticed already, i would like to suggest making the V speed wheel change it in increments of 100 ft/min rather than 1.

2 minutes ago, the_machemer said:

Hmm I may have misunderstood what they do. Basically, what I was trying to ask was: how do I set the plane to the flight level I want using the V speed I've selected, and how do make it use the "Dir" function under "Roll and Yaw Control" in PA?

And thank you for the other answers, they were very helpful!

P.S.: Though I'm sure you've probably noticed already, i would like to suggest making the V speed wheel change it in increments of 100 ft/min rather than 1.

Just to be clear, we are talking about vanilla Pilot Assistant and not Kramax Autopilot as its not compatible with that.
Also, the autopilot doesn't function exactly like the real thing and it doesn't use all of Pilot Assistants modes yet.
As for your question, that functionality isn't in Pilot Assistant without having to constantly be changing settings. I had a crack at adding something like that but it didn't work. So currently, the work around is to set a vertical speed and then press ALT HOLD when you reach your altitude.
To use Dir, press VOR/LOC (I know that its not its real purpose) and use the course knob to change it. (updates automatically when you change the course)
But I suspect that there might be a problem with the Dir mode of PA.

I know about the V/Speed the reason why it is in ones is because it is using meters per seconds. (I forgot to change it) I fixed it now and will probably release the fix this week.

:D

4 hours ago, DeputyLOL said:

Just to be clear, we are talking about vanilla Pilot Assistant and not Kramax Autopilot as its not compatible with that.
Also, the autopilot doesn't function exactly like the real thing and it doesn't use all of Pilot Assistants modes yet.
As for your question, that functionality isn't in Pilot Assistant without having to constantly be changing settings. I had a crack at adding something like that but it didn't work. So currently, the work around is to set a vertical speed and then press ALT HOLD when you reach your altitude.
To use Dir, press VOR/LOC (I know that its not its real purpose) and use the course knob to change it. (updates automatically when you change the course)
But I suspect that there might be a problem with the Dir mode of PA.

I know about the V/Speed the reason why it is in ones is because it is using meters per seconds. (I forgot to change it) I fixed it now and will probably release the fix this week.

:D

Awesome, thank you kindly!

OK I promise promise promise this is my last question (for this version :P)...

How do i get the GPWS to work, namely the altitude call outs? I'm guessing there's a switch somewhere? I got it to work once and haven't been able to reproduce the feat. And also is it possible to make the GPWS warnings/call outs happen in third person as well?

1 hour ago, the_machemer said:

OK I promise promise promise this is my last question (for this version :P)...

How do i get the GPWS to work, namely the altitude call outs? I'm guessing there's a switch somewhere? I got it to work once and haven't been able to reproduce the feat. And also is it possible to make the GPWS warnings/call outs happen in third person as well?

GPWS altitude call outs should be on by default. If you descend quickly then they might not be able to register the altitudes in time.

Also make sure that the cows hasn't failed by looking at the GPWS panel, (in front of first officer) and checking the 'INOP' light. If it's on then reset the circuit breakers. 

You can't hear them outside, IVA only I'm afraid.

A little news. I have good news, bad news and a question.

Good News:
RPM is starting to add the ability to offset the Attitude indicator (ADI) (big square thing that's blue and brown) on the PFD.
So what does this mean?
It means that the ADI doesn't have to be in the centre of the screen!
So what does that mean?
It means that I can finally implement the vertical speed bar! Before, with the ADI fixed in the center there wasn't enough room to but the vertical speed on the PFD.

Bad News:
I got exams coming up. I will be very busy and won't be able to get around to doing this until they are over.

Question:
This is a relatively small thing but I'd like some input on it. The Stall Warning is set to activate in one of the 3 following conditions.
1. Speed drops below stall speed.
2. Angle of attack exceeds 15*.
3. Elevator is pitched all the way up but the pitch is decreasing.

In a perfect world there would be a stall equation that i could use in KSP that would mean that I wouldn't need preset stall speed and that the plane could calculate them 'on the go'.
Advantages of this is that stall warning could be accurate on any plane and not just the one I designed.
Disadvantages of this is that it will probably hit performance through the floor..... and it probably wont work as I would have made it.

My question is that using the variables available to me: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Defined-variables
and the RPM_CUSTOM/MATH/SELECT/MAPPED variables. Could I make a stall equation?

On 5/13/2016 at 5:02 AM, DeputyLOL said:

Question:
This is a relatively small thing but I'd like some input on it. The Stall Warning is set to activate in one of the 3 following conditions.
1. Speed drops below stall speed.
2. Angle of attack exceeds 15*.
3. Elevator is pitched all the way up but the pitch is decreasing.

In a perfect world there would be a stall equation that i could use in KSP that would mean that I wouldn't need preset stall speed and that the plane could calculate them 'on the go'.
Advantages of this is that stall warning could be accurate on any plane and not just the one I designed.
Disadvantages of this is that it will probably hit performance through the floor..... and it probably wont work as I would have made it.

My question is that using the variables available to me: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Defined-variables
and the RPM_CUSTOM/MATH/SELECT/MAPPED variables. Could I make a stall equation?

I don't know if there's a simple equation you can use, but let me see if KSP calculates "stalling". If it does, it should be easy enough to make a small .dll for it to communicate w/ RPM or add to RPMs variable list.

EDIT: Couldn't find one in the stock game, so I don't have any suggestions for the generic aircraft.

Edited by kujuman

2 hours ago, kujuman said:

I don't know if there's a simple equation you can use, but let me see if KSP calculates "stalling". If it does, it should be easy enough to make a small .dll for it to communicate w/ RPM or add to RPMs variable list.

EDIT: Couldn't find one in the stock game, so I don't have any suggestions for the generic aircraft.

What about with FAR. I am aware of the STALL_FRACTION variable but I want something that I can use to calculate stall speeds. I did manage to throw something together but it isn't really working yet. I'll keep trying. 

BTW. Something snapped in my installation and 4 different mods stopped working properly, including yours... Know anything that might be turning my analogue HSI beige?

also did you get my PM about adding the RPM variables?

Edited by DeputyLOL

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 1:44 AM, theonegalen said:

Just gave it a go. The PFD MFDs didn't seem to work, but I did get a whole bunch of pictures of what they were supposed to look like dumped into my screenshots directory.

.................. wut.

@theonegalen What do you mean? Did I accidently include my screenshot dictionary with the mod?

And what do you mean by 'PFD MFDs didn't seem to work'? Could you attach a screenshot?

Edited by DeputyLOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.