kerbal drivers

Perotis

9 minutes ago, Perotis said:

as impressed as i am with those kerbals being able to drift those large utility vehicles, I don't think it's safe for them to be doing it around the VAB and the hangar

And it's safe to build giant behemoths suspended in the air by magic or 1m launch clamps. Trust me, kerbals do no care about safety. But I do :/ .

All the more impressive when you drive one and it falls to bits when you look at it wrong anywhere outside KSC

Look up SXT Trucks mod 

Works well with wheelsound mod..modded a bit.. Youll appreciate the skill once your own truck rolls and explodes trying to copy it :)

In my head canon all the crazy driving are done by one guy called Jenkins.

Besides radical driving, his other hobby is moonshine making. He recently built his own canning machine for his hooch, the output are tall skinny cans like energy drink cans and he has the outside of the cans printed so that they resemble tiny versions of the orange fuel can. Where normal drink labels would be he has them replaced with humorous versions related to rocketry and space. So instead of "375mL" his can says "Propellant Mass Fraction 94%", instead of "80-proof" his can says "9-11 LF/H2O ratio".

Understandably his buddies refer to his moonshine as "LFO", and fortunately for everyone he's smart enough to keep the two hobbies separate.

14 hours ago, Temstar said:

Besides radical driving, his other hobby is moonshine making. He recently built his own canning machine for his hooch, the output are tall skinny cans like energy drink cans and he has the outside of the cans printed so that they resemble tiny versions of the orange fuel can. Where normal drink labels would be he has them replaced with humorous versions related to rocketry and space. So instead of "375mL" his can says "Propellant Mass Fraction 94%", instead of "80-proof" his can says "9-11 LF/H2O ratio".

Understandably his buddies refer to his moonshine as "LFO", and fortunately for everyone he's smart enough to keep the two hobbies separate.

I am adding to that head canon that his still is made out of an old fuel fuel tank.  Turns out they are ideal for keeping multiple solution separate and combining them under particular pressures.  At some point someone is going to accidentally hook the still onto a rocket and discover an entirely new kind of fuel.  

14 hours ago, Temstar said:

In long-established Kerbfleet canon, any sufficiently skilled and devious engineer can make ethanol in an ISRU rig. Much as Jenkins does, they refer to it as "hydrazine" and are (usually) careful not to mix booze with actual rocket fuel. But one major difference is that no one drives under the influence. In fact we even have a dedicated science instrument to make sure:

ysYmcTR.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.