[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

Is your Shuttle downloadable anywhere for KSP 1.1 ?

Shall i wait and look at this post here to get noticed when it will available?

I love these Shuttle Mods and yours looks really brilliant (@DECQ) ! Thanks for sharing your Space Shuttle Dreams for untalented nerds like me!

Greetings from Berlin

schneemannski

11 hours ago, schneemannski said:

Is your Shuttle downloadable anywhere for KSP 1.1 ?

Shall i wait and look at this post here to get noticed when it will available?

I love these Shuttle Mods and yours looks really brilliant (@DECQ) ! Thanks for sharing your Space Shuttle Dreams for untalented nerds like me!

Greetings from Berlin

schneemannski

Welcome to the forum schneemannski!!!
Unfortunately I have very little time to update it, on this it is very slow. As my main problem is the wheel if I do not teach them to do for 1.1 add-on will be closed ,now 0 success.

Edited by DECQ

I want to submit an investigation that you can use to help with the development of your shuttle update for 1.1.  

KSP 1.1 uses new thrust vectoring and the shuttle pack's engines do not comply. I will get ? for staging icons for those engines and zero thrust. Also the engine effects fire inside the VAB. The parachute will cause crash during loading screen so I removed chutes for now. I think the Chute.mu has invalid colliders that you might want to check out. It conlicts with unity 5. 

Firespitter handles the texture changing well here , and I expected it was going to fail. So I cant complain entirely here. The joints are a bit weak since 1.1 has nerfed the system. I wish you well and good day!

1 hour ago, Sampa said:

so, I am going to guess that you will be remaking the ISS as well, to go with this?  Just asking from curiosity?

They have a pretty good model for the ISS for Orbiter. Would taking it from there and importing it to KSP similarly to SSU is be feasible?

Sampa

Dnaha

I had no such plans, although requests were. I do not have a license for the ISS from Orb2010, only on the model for the SSU. I know that Mike-NZ was the ISS, it does not work in 1.1?

34 minutes ago, DECQ said:

Sampa

Dnaha

I had no such plans, although requests were. I do not have a license for the ISS from Orb2010, only on the model for the SSU. I know that Mike-NZ was the ISS, it does not work in 1.1?

As far as I know, it didn't even work in 1.0.5. I could be wrong though...

Currently, Mike is making himself difficult to get a hold of, so Triston and I are having our own discussions in his absence.  From all of the reports I have received, the ISS mod is having issues.  I will see if Triston wants to work on updating it and keep it going, though.

3 hours ago, Sampa said:

Currently, Mike is making himself difficult to get a hold of, so Triston and I are having our own discussions in his absence.  From all of the reports I have received, the ISS mod is having issues.  I will see if Triston wants to work on updating it and keep it going, though.

Was one of the reports that the airlocks dont work on the PIRS module? If not I would like to let be out in the know lol  

Speaking of airlocks, anyone else having an issue where you can EVA out the shuttle airlock, but cannot go back in. The press "F" or press "B"  to board is missing. My kerbals get trapped out in space now and cant get back in the shuttle. Im sure that makes a good plot line for Gravity 2.   BAHAHA

7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

For a temporary wheel solution just remove the mod ones and use stock

I've thought about it, it might be worth a try.

11 hours ago, Jeast said:

For your information, the Canadarm is updated :-)

That's cool! Your canadArm very stable and robust.

12 hours ago, Sampa said:

Currently, Mike is making himself difficult to get a hold of, so Triston and I are having our own discussions in his absence. From all of the reports I have received, the ISS mod is having issues. I will see if Triston wants to work on updating it and keep it going, though.

There is a very high quality model ISS at NASA, if someone would like to work it would be cool , at the moment I can not take it on myself, unfortunately.

ok, I will see if I cannot pressure triston to do some work on maintaining the ISS Community mod further.  Can someone please test the current version in 1.1 and give us a list of problems if any (preferably via PM.  feel free to PM Tristonwilson or myself with the problems.  It really does not matter who you PM.  I have personal contact with Tristonwilson if needed.)

On 4/30/2016 at 3:51 AM, Sampa said:

ok, I will see if I cannot pressure triston to do some work on maintaining the ISS Community mod further.  Can someone please test the current version in 1.1 and give us a list of problems if any (preferably via PM.  feel free to PM Tristonwilson or myself with the problems.  It really does not matter who you PM.  I have personal contact with Tristonwilson if needed.)

As far as I've seen, the only problem is either:

When I launch at full throttle, the cockpit will pop off OR the fuel tank will fall off. And when I reach about 10k meters, the boosters seperate on their own.

2 hours ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

As far as I've seen, the only problem is either:

When I launch at full throttle, the cockpit will pop off OR the fuel tank will fall off. And when I reach about 10k meters, the boosters seperate on their own.

I think they're talking about the iss mod...

3 hours ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Need to look at the new version.

4 hours ago, BolleT said:

how is it going with the shuttle?

Got news is that there are in the development of plug-in, it allows you to create Wheel in the older version, most likely I'll be waiting for this plugin to make the new version does not work. At least I do not understand.

On 30.04.2016 at 10:51 AM, Sampa said:

ok, I will see if I cannot pressure triston to do some work on maintaining the ISS Community mod further. Can someone please test the current version in 1.1 and give us a list of problems if any (preferably via PM. feel free to PM Tristonwilson or myself with the problems. It really does not matter who you PM. I have personal contact with Tristonwilson if needed.)

If it does not work then there is a developer working on a version of stockalike ISS, I think it should be approached.

Just wanted to stop by and say that I am currently using this mod with 1.1.2 / 64bit on win64 system.

I had to get rid of the etc.dll (engine thrust controller), but still just reached a 99.8 x 101 km orbit.

will try de-orbit and landing next.

NOTE: wheels still falling through runway, but hey, how many landings are on a runway???? LoL>

The mods i am running for this test case are

filter extensions

firespitter

kerbaljointreinforcement

mechjeb

modularfueltanks

and of cource Space_Shuttle_system.

This mod has been the 'goto' shuttle for me since i found it.

Great work and thanks to DECQ and any and all that have or are  helped / working on this.

if someone can recompile etc.dll, I would be happy to test it in this test build of ksp..

Cheers.

Edited by drtedastro
forgot to add about wheels

14 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Just wanted to stop by and say that I am currently using this mod with 1.1.2 / 64bit on win64 system.

I had to get rid of the etc.dll (engine thrust controller), but still just reached a 99.8 x 101 km orbit.

NOTE: wheels still falling through runway, but hey, how many landings are on a runway???? LoL>

filter extensions

firespitter

kerbaljointreinforcement

mechjeb

modularfueltanks

Great work and thanks to DECQ and any and all that have or are  helped / working on this.

if someone can recompile etc.dll, I would be happy to test it in this test build of ksp..

Cheers.

Is this Shuttle downloadable anywhere right now?

I´m looking since weeks at the first post, but it reads always like this:

DOWNLOAD ADD-ON:

Temporarily suspended.

17 hours ago, drtedastro said:

filter extensions

firespitter

kerbaljointreinforcement

mechjeb

modularfueltanks

Great work and thanks to DECQ and any and all that have or are helped / working on this.

Cheers.

It does not work with 1.1.2.

It must be the first time you have to use the stock wheels, as you build your ships for stock crafts.

What can I say about the shuttle, the wheels are not ready but I just replaced them on the stock wheels. Just made the flight more stable and it works in the "Career". Small RCS currently undrawn decided, I think to spend a couple of days of testing and for if all is well again put it on stream.