[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

1 hour ago, schneemannski said:

Wow @hellblazer ! Really like your setup! I´m also addicted to this mod. Can you tell me which mods you use for this stunning look of planet earth? And BTW... Are you using the original wheels actually?

RSS/RSS textures, RVE and Planetshine.

I use these for the gear. They do have heat resistant capabilities (right click) I use tweakable everything and tweakscale to make them the right size. I just use the offset tool to fit them where the should be in the wheel bay.

Edited by hellblazer

6 hours ago, pepey said:

It is posible to put it in orbit with RSS mod?

Yes it is. You need to use Real fuel mod for the engines and tank. Tho only issue is the OMS (Orbital Maneuvering System) as it still uses monopropellant and is way underpowered and inefficient IMO. Hopefully this gets fixed (RO) and uses hydrazine in the future. You can see my RSS videos here if you want: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK2cWGyvNysO-BFiM6shm1w

Engine:  RS-25 - I had to size my down a bit in the configs. RSBengineRS25 - rescaleFactor = 1.35 ( GameData/RealScaleBoosters/Parts/Engines/RSBengineRS25)

26 minutes ago, Baconwarrior750 said:

few pages back??

Yep. There's only eight. It's like a treasure hunt. Off you go.

Settle down, read, and learn. You won't get anywhere having things spoon-fed to you. It's there. You'll find it.

• 2 weeks later...
On July 23, 2016 at 10:06 AM, coldsiemens said:

Any news about RO config?

On July 25, 2016 at 2:42 AM, DECQ said:

If you prefer RO cfg do yourself.

I have some old RSS/RO configs from the CSS shuttle that I've been meaning to port over to SSS but that's part of a long list of other realistic rockets I'm working on. I'm currently working on RSS/RO configs for DECQ's SLS so maybe I can do the shuttle next since they share components.

12 hours ago, ReventonHawx said:

I have some old RSS/RO configs from the CSS shuttle that I've been meaning to port over to SSS but that's part of a long list of other realistic rockets I'm working on. I'm currently working on RSS/RO configs for DECQ's SLS so maybe I can do the shuttle next since they share components.

Good news. We will be waiting for.

I made some compatibility patches with mods widely used by the community. The patch identifies witch mods you have and add the modules accordingly, so it's not needed to download all of just, just the ones you like.

Mechjeb for the Shuttle crew module.

Camera for the docking ports. Hullcamera is still a little borked, but it does not affect gameplay.

Added better fuel cells to the Shuttle (3 cells at the cargo bay, like the real stuff) running on hydrogen and Oxygen. This needs community resource pack

RemoteTech: Adds a short range omnidirectional antenna for the orbiter and a dish for the Ku antenna.

KIS: adds a small container to the airlocks. This can be really useful during EVAs.

And at last but not least, TAC Life support for the shuttle with resources for the spacehabs modules and crew compartment as well as recyclers for the crew compartment.

I separated all those patches in two files, one for TAC life support and other for everything else.
Google drive link for "everything else" patch

Google drive link for TAC life support

On 3.7.2016 at 3:18 PM, hellblazer said:

RSS/RSS textures, RVE and Planetshine.

I use these for the gear. They do have heat resistant capabilities (right click) I use tweakable everything and tweakscale to make them the right size. I just use the offset tool to fit them where the should be in the wheel bay.

@hellblazer Do you use RSS, RVE and planetshine with KSP 1.1.3 and without RO? Your STS-Mission Screenshots are looking soooooo stunning to me!!!

Greetings

Schneemannski

Can someone help me with this installation? When i download this and it says to download the Orbiter packs and modify the textures I simply loose it. I am not good with coding or finding the right files. Can anyone give me a step-by-step guide and links to the Orbiter packs?

@Boogles16 Simplay follow this link from the bottom of the first post: https://yadi.sk/d/kprOf1hcrehML

Download the file and unpack it. it contains 2 folders: /SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM and /VAB

/SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM has to be copied into the /Gamedata folder of your KSP Installation.

/VAB has to copied into the corrsponding folder. 

EVEN the specified mods on the first post had to be installed then... The easiest way is by using CKAN... you Know this?