[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

On 17.12.2016 at 11:28 AM, Virtualgenius said:

Its looking really good Decq love all your mods 

Thank you, although a small problem with the RCS blocks for the Space Shuttle, I think in the near future to fix it.

17 hours ago, Anjomar said:

Does anyone have RO/RSS configs for this mod?

I do have, I've made the RO/RSS configs for @hellblazer . I'm currently tweaking and finishing the details. My plan was to talk to @DECQ when I finished them for release. 

Edited by DrLicor

On 18.12.2016 at 2:07 AM, BolleT said:

how long do you think it will take until the update is out?

I can not say for sure, there were many problems solved, and much has been done, including the problem is solved RCS units I have mentioned, they are now engaged in Dragon01 and then I'll check it on the flight tests, he should be able to enter the atmosphere and land.

All I can say right now everything is going very smoothly, and I hope we do not get stuck with him for a long time.

On 18.12.2016 at 3:06 AM, DrLicor said:

I do have, I've made the RO/RSS configs for @hellblazer . I'm currently tweaking and finishing the details. My plan was to talk to @DECQ when I finished them for release. 

This is very good news though some ellementy change in the shuttle, such as rcs added a lot of settings, trying to imitate a real ship, for example, or the wings are now a one part.

4 hours ago, DECQ said:

This is very good news though some ellementy change in the shuttle, such as rcs added a lot of settings, trying to imitate a real ship, for example, or the wings are now a one part.

Yep, I had some struggle with the old rcs too. My RO configs are for 1.1.3 so they don't need to change a further when I'm finished. Only the tweakig etc. When RO is ready for the current KSP, I'll definitely make some configs/MM-files too. 

On 17. 12. 2016 at 10:28 AM, DECQ said:

Here are three kinds of texture SLWT, LWT, SWT for a new ET.

15362536_m.png 15362538_m.png 15362539_m.png 

Nice Decq. 

Have you checked those programs I mentioned? Substance painter or Quixel suite? Quixel is nice that it has a lot of common with Photoshop so easier to work with it bcs you already know Photoshop. I started using Quixel suite only 2 months ago and quite love it. 

Looking forward to tge release.

Btw be prepared you and Dragoon that I will have a lot of questions mainly for unity configs and settings to be able to convert model to the game. As somehow this was slways problem for me... Setting up the model in unity...

On 19.12.2016 at 11:43 AM, Jovzin said:

Nice Decq. 

Have you checked those programs I mentioned? Substance painter or Quixel suitearrow-10x10.png? Quixel is nice that it has a lot of common with Photoshop so easier to work with it bcs you already know Photoshop. I started using Quixel suitearrow-10x10.png only 2 months ago and quite love it. 

Looking forward to tge release.

Btw be prepared you and Dragoon that I will have a lot of questions mainly for unity configs and settings to be able to convert model to the game. As somehow this was slways problem for me... Setting up the model in unity...

No, I watched a few videos and I liked Quixel program, but at the moment I do not.
If you have any questions you can ask them in PM, try to help. :)

On 12/17/2016 at 6:06 PM, DrLicor said:

That is very much appreciated! I've tried creating my own configurations for it, but I haven't been able to configure the boosters with RO so that they drop in thrust during the flight.

2 hours ago, Anjomar said:

That is very much appreciated! I've tried creating my own configurations for it, but I haven't been able to configure the boosters with RO so that they drop in thrust during the flight.

Same here. ATM I'm creating a MM-config with a thrustCurve module in it. Still testing..

16 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@DrLicor RO already includes global configs for the RSRM. I would suggest to take a look at them so to avoid doing duplicate work.

Yep, I did copy the curve from a booster. RSRMV or something like that. But the booster that says in the description that it's the shuttle booster. But somehow it doesn't work how its supposed to work with SSS.  However I didn't have much time to look, so I'll get it working after xmass I think

That is exactly what we want to avoid, copying and pasting already existing configs. You have to use the new engine loading system by defing the following in your RSRM config:

%engineType = RSRM

And the part will automatically have the correct thrust, Isp and thrust curve. You will need to add the propellant thought.

A better example is the RO RSRM (5 Segments).

1 hour ago, DECQ said:

By the way, thrustCurve only works on solid fuel or not?

For what I understand, it only works on solid fuel boosters. But not the fuel 'solid fuel', it can also work with PBAN for instance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey yall. Hope this doesn't step on any toes...

So, I came up with a solution to some of the problems I was having while running SSS in KSP 1.2 and thought maybe someone else could use it... It's not the best work you'll find on here, but considering how simple the problems were, I managed to get something functional together to hold me over until the update is released.

Issues I was facing:

1. OMS engine thrust vector was off center
  2. Aft-Right RCS block wouldn't translate left/yaw right.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88645961/Space Shuttle System RCS OMS fix.zip

I'm not a modder, but I made it as easy on you as I could... Included are the parts with config files, Subassemblies for the OMS modules, a craft file, and an optional file that increases the OMS thrust from 27 to 35.  I'm not a rocket scientist and enjoy the breathing room a little extra thrust gets me.

Here's some addtional info... 

I duplicated, then modified the O-10 Puff and Linear RCS (config files) to match the performance of the original SSS parts that weren't functioning properly. I then embedded them into the exact same spot as the original SSS parts, to reduce any eye sores... Honestly, unless you look really close, you can't even tell. And, you can still click on them... and the Shuttle handles fine (in the very least, it's flyable).

Some screenshots:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88645961/aftrightrcs.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88645961/rightoms.jpg

Just for complete transparency on my lack of experience, I tweaked the positioning and angle on the OMS and the RCS ports as best as I could.. it's not perfectly balanced, but it's damn close. I used the thrust vector and stock movement tools to eyeball them. Unfortunately, I can't eyeball thrust vectors very well, there is a slight roll when burning the OMS. To me it's slight, and, with SAS on, she's steady. Can't figure it out though. 

For the Config editing, I matched the OMS engine's performance to the SSS OMS almost exactly; I made them lighter, reduced drag, etc. to account for the fact you're doubling up on parts. In the case of the RCS, it was a little tricky. However, the only difference is that the linear RCS ports, that I used as replacements, are probably a little more efficient; not sure on how my math translates into the game. Since it was one solid RCS module originally, and I added 4 linear ports, I multiplied the ISP, of the original, by 4, and applied that to the new linear ports. As well, I did something similar with the thrust. In the end, while in non-precision mode the ship can be a little unstable, in precision mode, she is steady.

At any rate, hope yall don't mind me doing this. You fellas working on this project have done a fantastic job. Thanks a bunch. This is exactly what I was looking for.

- Rook

Edited by Rook

21 hours ago, DECQ said:

Rest assured, you will be able to fly on the space shuttle in 2017 :) 
By the way, all a Happy New Year!

Happy new year 2017 to you DECQ too.

Hope you will be OK with me asking a lot of questions :)   next year :)

По 30.12.2016 в 23:53, Virtualgenius сказал:

Happy New Year Decq,  to you and your family, thanks for all your lovely mods over 2016 I hope 2017 will be graceful to you so you have the time to do more *cough cough* Lunakhod 

По 31.12.2016 в 17:33, сказал Jovzin:

Happy new year 2017 to you DECQ too.

Hope you will be OK with me asking a lot of questions :)   next year :)

Thank you guys, I hope you are well met by the new year, is the best time to communicate with the closest and loved people.
  I have Lunahod is crude and even Proton but need to learn how to make a wheel with a new plug-in.
And i always ready to help in terms of modding all what I can, I'm waiting for your questions. :) 

How do I install this? I've spent the last 10 minutes looking over this thread's OP and it seems this mod was more intended for orbiter than KSP and correct me if I'm wrong but the front page of this forum was, last I checked, KSP.

I see a bunch of assets the mod requires but not a link to an actual download link for the parts and craft file.

Help?