[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

6 hours ago, Sampa said:

relax, DECQ, I was just asking to confirm I was using the correct components.

Damn, I thought you have a problem with the assembly of the space shuttle in the hangar... :/

4 hours ago, LMRaptor said:

Is there something I'm missing? My SRBs run out of fuel within 30 seconds of liftoff and below 4000 meters at SSME max thrust. My ET runs out of fuel extremely fast as well.

I hope that you installed this from the Spacedock link, just make sure that all the add-ons that are present along with the shuttle are installed.

Hi, I'm new here but I have the mod installed and running. It's been good overall but there are two problems.

1. Landing Gear

The nose gear is always down and is impossible to retract and the ones in the wings won't come down.

2. Im only seeing the parts for Atlantis.

Anyone run into these? Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, astro_pilot_108 said:

Hi, I'm new here but I have the mod installed and running. It's been good overall but there are two problems.

1. Landing Gear

The nose gear is always down and is impossible to retract and the ones in the wings won't come down.

Thanks!

Just install all the files from the folder into your GameData.

9 hours ago, astro_pilot_108 said:

1. Landing Gear

Thanks!

You're missing firespitter.

Patches! Patches for everyone!

Hello everyone!
When this mod was still in development I made some patches for compatibility with widespread mods. Since then these mods were updated and the Space Shuttle was released for ksp 1.2.2 (hooray!). The patches were compiled in a single file uploaded to dropbox and need Module Manager to work.

The patches add compatibility with the following mods:

1. Mechjeb for autopilot and stuff
  2. HullCame VDS for docking cameras with the docking ports
  3. Community Resource Pack for better fuel cells and a more realistic EDO
  4. RemoteTech because the stock communications are too simple :P
  5. KIS container to the airlocks, making EVAs more practical
  6. TAC life support but not kerbalism or USI life support; those will be added soon™

Ok, now to the shiny link
Space Shuttle - Patches

Enjoy :)

2 hours ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

Hello everyone!
When this mod was still in development I made some patches for compatibility with widespread mods. Since then these mods were updated and the Space Shuttle was released for ksp 1.2.2 (hooray!). The patches were compiled in a single file uploaded to dropbox and need Module Manager to work.

6. TAC life support but not kerbalism or USI life support; those will be added soon™

Space Shuttle - Patches

Wow!:o this patch adds useful features and realism to the Space Shuttle.

Thanks!!!

16 hours ago, astro_pilot_108 said:

1. Landing Gear

Thanks!

try right clicking on the cockpit section and there is a spot that allows you to switch liveries

34 minutes ago, redmonddkgamer said:

SRB chutes?

The configs seem to think that there is a parachute in the SRB caps, but staging, action groups and the fact that the right-click menu has no altitude or pressure setting disagree. 

On 08/03/2017 at 6:17 AM, DECQ said:

I hope that you installed this from the Spacedock link, just make sure that all the add-ons that are present along with the shuttle are installed.

I did. I solved (Hopefuly) the problem by adding +20% fuel to the both the SRBs and the ET, bringing the SRB fuel cap to 15504 and the ET fuel cap to 436200 LqdHydrogen and to 29076 oxidizer.

On 10.03.2017 at 7:33 AM, Marcelo Silveira said:

Hello everyone!

Space Shuttle - Patches

As always, great work.

Sorry for asking, but does anyone still have a version of this mod that is compatible with 1.1.2? Im doing a complete remake of the history in manned and unmanned spaceflight, starting with Vostok 1 going all the way to 2017, its been active for almost a year and many of the mods used arent available for 1.2.2

23 hours ago, Slainte Maith said:

Has anyone else experienced an SRB (one or the other) detaching and careening off at liftoff?

Clearly, I'm not assembling this properly...

Nvm.  Figured it out.  

I always put a strut going from the aft field joint to the bottom of the tank   

I can't seem to find a .craft file that is working. The ones mentioned in this thread are either already offline, or contain a whole lot of missing parts...

Also; the parts that are used for launch tower / clamps in the example video's are those available too somewhere ?

6 hours ago, mart said:

I can't seem to find a .craft file that is working. The ones mentioned in this thread are either already offline, or contain a whole lot of missing parts...

Also; the parts that are used for launch tower / clamps in the example video's are those available too somewhere ?

Craft file is missing, you have to strain your own gray matter and collect it themselves, as the saying goes, "the eyes are afraid, but the hands are doing."
I do not know what kind of launch pad, you can write to the author of the video and maybe it will help you.

41 minutes ago, DECQ said:

Craft file is missing, you have to strain your own gray matter and collect it themselves, as the saying goes, "the eyes are afraid, but the hands are doing."
I do not know what kind of launch pad, you can write to the author of the video and maybe it will help you.

Thank you. I have of course created my own craft file. If someone wants that PM me.

The launch pad that is used in the video is seen in other video's as well, maybe not the same but there are great launch pads out there. I was hoping someone here had those parts as well. Let's hope so. I will try to look further.

edit:

The radiator panels on the cargo bay doors are not solar panels right ? They do not charge batteries. Someone ever made a mod for that ? Seems so ugly to put solar panels on the shuttle just to make it charge batteries.

Edited by mart

impressive mod, i can reach orbit and the orbiter didnt flip forward when srb seperated

however maybe DECQ can provide a patch for real solar system compatibility? right now delta v is 4000m/s and orbiting earth needs more than 9000m/s. im hoping for some patches for RSS users if possible. :) 

12 hours ago, R.A.P.I.R.E. said:

what do I do this 

Read the previous pages, there was already a similar problem, only before the shuttle was darkened. Perhaps there you will find the answer.

4 hours ago, astroranger189 said:

impressive mod, i can reach orbit and the orbiter didnt flip forward when srb seperated

however maybe DECQ can provide a patch for real solar system compatibility? right now delta v is 4000m/s and orbiting earth needs more than 9000m/s. im hoping for some patches for RSS users if possible. :) 

Not know, I'm not good at making patches for RealSolarSystem.