[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

@DECQ  So I got back to KSP and tried your shuttle DECQ.   The 2nd camera on the Engine mount is not working.   I tried to fix it in the cfg file but nothing.  How did you name the cameraContainer  for 2nd camera ? 

EDIT :  Forget it it is working now :)

Edited by Jovzin

3 hours ago, DrLicor said:

@Deplaisant, nope, but a few pages back is de downloadlink for the RO patch. 

Hum... some parts disappeared, for exemple : i don't have the rs-25 engine once i've installed RO patch

Edited by Deplaisant

@Deplaisant, which version are you on? It works sandbox on 1.2.2, I haven't tested 1.3 yet. Make sure your placing my files into GameData -> RealismOverhaul -> RO_SuggestedMods -> SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM. 

@radio I'm surprised you had to up the power in the cfgs to get it into orbit. Using mechjeb for the ascent path I'm able to complete my circulization burn before dropping the ET, which is overpowered relative to real world. Though I generally run with a pretty light cargo. 

2 minutes ago, Rigel Kerman said:

@Deplaisant, which version are you on? It works sandbox on 1.2.2, I haven't tested 1.3 yet. Make sure your placing my files into GameData -> RealismOverhaul -> RO_SuggestedMods -> SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM. 

I'm on 1.2.2, i don't want to switch to 1.3 'cause i think many of my mods are not update and i'm sure that my files are into GameData -> RealismOverhaul -> RO_SuggestedMods -> SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM. 

On 03.06.2017 at 7:41 PM, Jovzin said:

@DECQ  So I got back to KSP and tried your shuttle DECQ.   The 2nd camera on the Engine mount is not working.   I tried to fix it in the cfg file but nothing.  How did you name the cameraContainer  for 2nd camera ? 

EDIT :  Forget it it is working now :)

Hello @Jovzin , glad you're back, welcome again. :wink:

On 04.06.2017 at 0:39 AM, Deplaisant said:

BUUUUUT one last question : how do I install this http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6848 ? 

This is built into the texture in less quality.

On 04.06.2017 at 2:26 AM, Jim123 said:

can i please have a 1.1.3 download

The last update was related to the probes about air data that are in the nose, as well as a change in the IVA, but this update is under development by Dragon01, and he gone out for an indefinite period.

On 6/3/2017 at 7:37 PM, Rigel Kerman said:

@radio I'm surprised you had to up the power in the cfgs to get it into orbit. Using mechjeb for the ascent path I'm able to complete my circulization burn before dropping the ET, which is overpowered relative to real world. Though I generally run with a pretty light cargo. 

Can you share any details on your launch profile? I'm in the process of programming the Shuttle, but I need more data for precision. Some real telemetry data would be of great help. I found this for the SaturnV:

www.braeunig.us/apollo/SaturnV.pdf

Still looking for something similar for the Shuttle (whichever mission may it be).

so does anyone have a craft file of the shuttle for rp-0 cuase i barely know how to tweak things so its not too out of control cuase i built it with the parts and it was sorta unstable and i had to fight it when rolling.

I do have a craft file built in sandbox mode for RO/RSS. Is there a difference between the two? If you want, I can upload the file. Even though it's very simple to build it. As for controlling the Shuttle. Make sure your center of mass is slightly in front of center of lift. Your CoM will gradually shift backwards, as you use up the fuel in the rear tanks. Therefore you need a counterbalancing ballast in front. Use a ballast tank on the nose and fill it up with fuel, of course.

Shuttle file:

https://files.fm/u/pum4cds7

Edited by radio

@DECQ Playing with you Shuttle on normal Kerbin, no RSS mod.   I want to ask you. OMS engines I set the thrust limiter to 25 ( and still no help )  bcs when I am trying to match some manouver node the last 5m/s are crazy. That blue crossbar is moving like mad. Do you know some tip to avoid this ?  I did as written here on the first page 5 times SHIFT +A and 5 times SHIFT+D for left and right OMS engine.  

Do you have some more tips how to prevent that blue crossbar to move like crazy last few m/s of burn ?   

EDIT: I remmeber this was always the problem with the shuttle. Even with the very first release from CSS , than Mike-NZ's shuttle now yours is doing it too :D   Crap...

Edited by Jovzin

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have an issue regarding at least one missing part. I installed the mod and I cannot find the cockpit! I have looked and looked and uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck. Any idea what might be wrong? It looks like I have all the files in the directory. The only thing odd is all the objects I can find have a file with a .MU extension type file and the cockpit has no such thing in the base folder. I am running KSP 1.2.2 and also I do not has RO installed and would like to see if I can get help finding or getting the what I need to get the cockpit. That is the only part I seem to be missing as well. Anyways any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

On 6/27/2017 at 3:36 PM, Dimension 7 said:

Hello,

I have an issue regarding at least one missing part. I installed the mod and I cannot find the cockpit! I have looked and looked and uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck. Any idea what might be wrong? It looks like I have all the files in the directory. The only thing odd is all the objects I can find have a file with a .MU extension type file and the cockpit has no such thing in the base folder. I am running KSP 1.2.2 and also I do not has RO installed and would like to see if I can get help finding or getting the what I need to get the cockpit. That is the only part I seem to be missing as well. Anyways any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Me too! I have yet to try it in RO. I used the stock shuttle for now but it's really bad. Please help us @DECQ. I also have all other parts except for the cockpit, and I'm using 1.2.2. Also, @Dimension 7 Congratulations! You just got your first rep point!

Also, if anyone need help landing the space shuttle, watch this:

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast23

I am finalizing my Shuttle ascent and reentry scripts in 1.2.2 with RSS/RO (using kOS). I've seen the video above. Not only a good presentation, but a good deal of details for injecting more precision into the script. Although the best I can do for now, in terms of reentry, is a fixed heading path (40 degree angle of attack and all of that). However, banking angles, roll reversals and heading alignment to land it precisely at KSP runway would take way too much time. I'll get back with a final version.

As for missing parts... The only time I had that issue was due replacing 'SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM' files with RO configs. RO shuttle configs go to RealismOverhaul -> RO_SuggestedMods -> SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM

Hi. I just installed this mod today and seem to be missing a bunch of parts. I even tried reinstalling but am having the same problem. The files appear to be in the correct folder, and my 30 other mods are working just fine, but some parts don't appear in the VAB and others do appear. I am on 1.3 and not using RSS/RO. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Edit: Nevermind. I am an idiot. They were there the whole time. Mod is great and looks amazing, but I ran into another hiccup. Any reason why the windshield of the crew cabin and the inside of the fuselage doors would be bright purple. The crew cabin looks normal in IVA. 

http://imgur.com/a/ywSK7 

Edit 2: Windowshine solved that problem. 

Edited by chimpbone

On 13/06/2017 at 2:27 PM, Jovzin said:

@DECQ Playing with you Shuttle on normal Kerbin, no RSS mod.   I want to ask you. OMS engines I set the thrust limiter to 25 ( and still no help )  bcs when I am trying to match some manouver node the last 5m/s are crazy. That blue crossbar is moving like mad. Do you know some tip to avoid this ?  I did as written here on the first page 5 times SHIFT +A and 5 times SHIFT+D for left and right OMS engine.  

Do you have some more tips how to prevent that blue crossbar to move like crazy last few m/s of burn ?   

EDIT: I remmeber this was always the problem with the shuttle. Even with the very first release from CSS , than Mike-NZ's shuttle now yours is doing it too :D   Crap...

Are you lining the centre of the blue manouver node target up with the centre of where you are pointing? if you are it will go crazy. The OMS engines are at an angle by design. They don't push the shuttle in a straight line out of the nose of the shuttle. They work in combination with the RCS thrusters (so make sure you always have RCS on when doing a burn) to push the shuttle at a slightly downward angle.

I find if i line up the centre of the blue manouver target a fraction below the yellow V on my direction it tends to work out pretty close.

Has anyone else had an issue with this mod whereby random RCS thrusters just stop working?

At first it just seemed to be the fore translation thrusters in the nose, so if ever i was appraoching an object for dock nose first i couldn't slow down. All others, translation or rotation, even on the nose, were fine. Then, later that flight, i lost port/starboard translation on the nose too. Still had dorsal translation and rotation though. Plenty of monopropellant onboard and as i mentioned, other thrusters were fine. I hadn't changed any of the accuation toggles either.

Any ideas?

I have tested this Shuttle several times in Stock and Quarter Sized RSS. For me it is completly unflyable. At the reentry it flipps around with the engines in flight direction. With and without payloads, full or empty tanks, RCS on/off.
The last time I flew a Shuttle in KSP was in KSP 1.0.4 with the Shuttle of MikeNZ/Dragon01. It flies like a charme.

So, whats going wrong?

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

I have tested this Shuttle several times in Stock and Quarter Sized RSS. For me it is completly unflyable. At the reentry it flipps around with the engines in flight direction. With and without payloads, full or empty tanks, RCS on/off.
The last time I flew a Shuttle in KSP was in KSP 1.0.4 with the Shuttle of MikeNZ/Dragon01. It flies like a charme.

So, whats going wrong?

It flies almost perfectly. All the way up and down. But I'm using RSS/RO/Ferram. My guess is your center of mass is off. Center of mass must be in front of center of lift, slightly. Besides, how are you controlling the shuttle during reentry? Mechjeb?

I have no idea how would one control it manually. Doesn't seem possible in my case. A very slight deviation from its intended path and you lose control and burn up. Maybe that stuff is possible in stock. Haven't tested it. But the question still remains. Payload or not. Have you checked where exactly is the CoM and CoL of the vehicle in VAB? I had the same problem before. My 'stock' vehicle was unstable. I fixed it by shifting the CoM forwards. I did that by placing a ballast tank on the nose. Filled it up with MMH/NTO (OMS pod fuel).

For Some reason my textures aren't working on the command pod and on the main fuselage. And I think I am missing a couple of parts, does anyone know what the problem is, and can you fix it?