[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

@Cheesecake

Your CoM/CoL looks alright. It should work. With that out of the way... Well, make sure your reentry procedure is viable. I can't be of any help beyond that, considering I only use the Shuttle in RO/RSS, so I can't be sure how it behaves in stock.

Here's a short clip of the script. I'll post another one after I'm done with reentry. Along with the code.

Hello, I have a problem, in the cockpit of the shuttle, the landing gear is always out and is only a texture
(always out, does not work ...). And the aspect of space shuttles is not great with this bug, especially
atmospheric re-entry. If anyone could help me, thank you.
Some pictures:

1499807467-20170711224312-1.png

1499807485-20170711224609-1.png

1499807502-20170711224731-1.png

1499807523-20170711201911-1.png

Edited by Oxyde

This is a great mod!  well done, man!  although, I do have one complaint: when i select the parts (fuselage and the cockpit),  they are all black.  no texture, just black.  am i missing something?  PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

1 hour ago, KSPBDAfan said:

This is a great mod!  well done, man!  although, I do have one complaint: when i select the parts (fuselage and the cockpit),  they are all black.  no texture, just black.  am i missing something?  PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

Have you installed all needed mods included in the download? And have you forced d3d11? That`s causing some errors.

On 11.7.2017 at 11:08 PM, Oxyde said:

Hello, I have a problem, in the cockpit of the shuttle, the landing gear is always out and is only a texture
(always out, does not work ...). And the aspect of space shuttles is not great with this bug, especially
atmospheric re-entry. If anyone could help me, thank you.

Some pictures:

1499807467-20170711224312-1.png

1499807485-20170711224609-1.png

1499807502-20170711224731-1.png

1499807523-20170711201911-1.png

Have you installed the KSPWheels?

On 6/5/2017 at 1:57 PM, radio said:

Can you share any details on your launch profile? I'm in the process of programming the Shuttle, but I need more data for precision. Some real telemetry data would be of great help. I found this for the SaturnV:

www.braeunig.us/apollo/SaturnV.pdf

Still looking for something similar for the Shuttle (whichever mission may it be).

Try this.. straight from NASA, its the actual pilots guide... cant get any more accurate than that - https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/390651main_shuttle_crew_operations_manual.pdf

Hey I'm using the version for 1.2.2, and I've seen a few people asking about the OMS engines in career but haven't seen a solution.  Is there a way to get the OMS engines in career mode, or is it only in sandbox?

Coud you make space shuttle payload mount that is used in IUS deployment or same kind of mission? I’m really looking forward to it... BTW VERY VERY AWESOME MOD!! 

And also for RO comfiguration, i think EDO Pallet shoud contain LH2 and LOX. Also the fuel cell doesn’t work either.

On 6/27/2017 at 2:36 PM, Dimension 7 said:

Hello,

I have an issue regarding at least one missing part. I installed the mod and I cannot find the cockpit! I have looked and looked and uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck. Any idea what might be wrong? It looks like I have all the files in the directory. The only thing odd is all the objects I can find have a file with a .MU extension type file and the cockpit has no such thing in the base folder. I am running KSP 1.2.2 and also I do not has RO installed and would like to see if I can get help finding or getting the what I need to get the cockpit. That is the only part I seem to be missing as well. Anyways any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. I had the mod installed earlier today and i had all of the parts. I installed the RO configs and since then the only part I'm missing is the cockpit. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same problem. If anyone has a fix for this problem, I'd love to hear it.

Just out of curiosity, is there anyway to add a thrust curve to the SSRB part file? I remember CSS having one on theirs, i cant control my ascent profile very well when the SSRB's start burning out, the G's go from 2-3 up to like 10. I've been experimenting but just cant get it to following the thrust curve i give it in the modules section in the cfg file.

Ok guys can you help me how to land this brick on Stock KSP ?  No RSS, no FAR

Do I need to modify some cfg files to make it more controlable during those last 50-60Km of decent or just install FAR at the end  ?

Thank you.

On 7/25/2017 at 5:36 PM, DGraves88 said:

I'm having the same issue. I had the mod installed earlier today and i had all of the parts. I installed the RO configs and since then the only part I'm missing is the cockpit. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same problem. If anyone has a fix for this problem, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: I fixed the problem. Had to go into the files and add an "E" to the end of the CABIN RO patch and it finally worked.

Edited by DGraves88

Has this mod being updated for 1.3 yet? Ive been waiting patiently and seeing that others are using it.. if it isnt - how can i retrieve ksp 1.2.2 so i can use it? Im on Steam.. if i go to the betas, its listed in there but wont let me download it without a key of some sort?

Never mind... I got it.. sorry to bother.. lol

Edited by Astral_Nomad

Hey Guys, i also have the same Problem as mentioned above regarding the missing Cockpit, cant find it anywhere...

Dont have RO installed, and also tried the v1.0 installation from SpaceDock, no help.

Every Part is there except for the 2 Cockpits.. Any Suggestions?

Best Regards

Edited by FerritCore

Okay, figured it out by myself, for me it was the Mod "Janitors Closet", somehow it made the Cockpits missing.

Deinstalled the Mod and reinstalled the Shuttle Mod worked for me, every Part is there again.

Edited by FerritCore

On 7/10/2017 at 5:38 PM, radio said:

@Cheesecake

Your CoM/CoL looks alright. It should work. With that out of the way... Well, make sure your reentry procedure is viable. I can't be of any help beyond that, considering I only use the Shuttle in RO/RSS, so I can't be sure how it behaves in stock.

Here's a short clip of the script. I'll post another one after I'm done with reentry. Along with the code.

how did you get the shuttle to the correct scale for rss