[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

Just now, Mecripp said:

I didn't say it would work but that's what it uses looking at his stuff it has change how to write it so it wont work unless some one rewrites

Where did you find that file? Also are you able to change the textures?

If you have making history you can use something like 

MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePartVariants
		primaryColor = #ffffff
		secondaryColor = #000000
		baseDisplayName = #autoLOC_8007119
		baseThemeName = White
		VARIANT
		{
			name = Grey
			displayName = #autoLOC_8007120
			themeName = BlackAndWhite
			primaryColor = #000000
			secondaryColor = #ffffff
			TEXTURE
			{
				mainTextureURL = SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM/CABINE_CHALLENGER
			}
		}
		VARIANT
		{
			name = Dark Grey
			displayName = #autoLOC_8007121
			themeName = GrayAndOrange
			primaryColor = #4c4f47
			secondaryColor = #f49841
			TEXTURE
			{
				shader = KSP/Bumped Specular
				mainTextureURL = SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM/CABINE_COLUMBIA
			}
		}
	}

not sure why the windows change will keep testing

just seen the one add a shader 

13 hours ago, Jim123 said:

i would like to help troubleshoot if i can (dont mean to be rude)

I can help troubleshooting and play test because I'm a student and I have a lot of free time, if you need help

Edited by vlad0303

On 9/9/2018 at 4:32 AM, Mecripp said:

If you have making history you can use something like 

MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePartVariants
		primaryColor = #ffffff
		secondaryColor = #000000
		baseDisplayName = #autoLOC_8007119
		baseThemeName = White
		VARIANT
		{
			name = Grey
			displayName = #autoLOC_8007120
			themeName = BlackAndWhite
			primaryColor = #000000
			secondaryColor = #ffffff
			TEXTURE
			{
				mainTextureURL = SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM/CABINE_CHALLENGER
			}
		}
		VARIANT
		{
			name = Dark Grey
			displayName = #autoLOC_8007121
			themeName = GrayAndOrange
			primaryColor = #4c4f47
			secondaryColor = #f49841
			TEXTURE
			{
				shader = KSP/Bumped Specular
				mainTextureURL = SPACE_SHUTTLE_SYSTEM/CABINE_COLUMBIA
			}
		}
	}

not sure why the windows change will keep testing

just seen the one add a shader 

I do not understand something, but in my texture switch works without "Making History". I deleted it long ago and still I can change the textures, just now all the shuttle's textures will work with it.

The chassis works fine for version 1.4.5, just put the latest version of SSTU KSPWheel. But there is one problem, the texture switch also recolours the wheels.

2 hours ago, DECQ said:

I do not understand something, but in my texture switch works without "Making History". I deleted it long ago and still I can change the textures, just now all the shuttle's textures will work with it.

The chassis works fine for version 1.4.5, just put the latest version of SSTU KSPWheel. But there is one problem, the texture switch also recolours the wheels.

You are using a older SSTU plugin with the newer one the textures didn't work it's my bad if the work with the older plugin and Making History is just stocks addon there the only stock parts I seen with a stock texture switch

@Jim123 what version are you running and are you running x32 bit rather than x64 ?

As for the mod, I've been working for some time now on combining various mods for myself and a group of my friends which include all the parts to the ISS (or KSS as I call it). No changes to the models have been done, just the .cfg files and I've been able to get this to work perfectly fine with the changes I've made.

Changes such as the wheels rotating (my copy didn't), moving the balance so on re-entry it now flies in as a glider and doesn't flip about. Adjusted the weights of items and fuel so that I can take each part up and build the ISS as they did in real life and finally re-scaled the models so that each module not only looked right against each other but could also fit into the cargo bay snugly.

It's all been kerbalised for enjoyment and nothing using RO, infact even the fuels have been changed to stock fuels . It was compiled to simulate the building of the ISS only, for my own (and a couple friends) enjoyment in multiplayer. To us if it looked real, it was good enough.

I can't release it to the public as I don't have permission to do so, although I have thought about seeking permissions due to the amount of time I've spent compiling the mods and currently creating the KSPedia file for the mods used (including a credits page to credit the mod creators).

I'd be more than happy to help people with the .CFG files so people have a working version of the Shuttle in the latest version of KSP. Just bare in mind that the .cfg changes I've made are for use with the stock game as much as possible as we didn't want to bog down the game with unnecessary mods (in our opinion). I've even removed from my compile the .version and miniavc files so the mods didn't auto update or break something. Module Manager is not used either as it doesn't change any of the core game files.

I really love the work that DECQ and crew have done with the Shuttle (and Apollo) mods but without changing the .cfg file I just couldn't get the mod/s to work well with each other or be able to balance it in a way that we would enjoy it. At least now I can send up each module, dock with it and build what looks like the ISS and then return and glide nicely to home base.

@DECQ I'm happy to send to you the compiled package for viewing to ensure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes and if I get permissions from others then I'd be more than happy to release as a package (package being Shuttle, Proton rocket, Soyuz rocket and all the ISS parts to simulate the various building stages of the ISS). 

As for switching of the textures, I removed this from the .cfg files early on but now with the built in ability to switch textures from the latest version of KSP I will revisit this again to see if I can get it to work fine. It will mean more use of the stock game over additional mods.

Edited by Radar

17 hours ago, Jim123 said:

not done testing but the engines need plumes there probably will need to be more monopropellant and i cant switch textures and it flips out of control on reentry 

You have to do a lot of MM patch changes/tweaks to get the shuttle right. i only fly it with RSS and its very hart to control on reentry. you need to put the center of mass further back if i remember correct.

21 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

You have to do a lot of MM patch changes/tweaks to get the shuttle right. i only fly it with RSS and its very hart to control on reentry. you need to put the center of mass further back if i remember correct.

Correct on what JohnMcLane said. It's one of the reasons I made changes to the .cfg files, the fuel wasn't enough and the balance was wrong (with stock).

In the Shuttles Cargo, add the below in the CFG file. With the below values I found mine much easier to control on re-entry, in-fact it never flipped even if I just let it go in on it's own (without MechJeb).

CoMOffset = 0.0, -7.0, 0.0
    CoLOffset = 0.0, -25.0, 6.0

On 9/14/2018 at 10:50 AM, Radar said:

Correct on what JohnMcLane said. It's one of the reasons I made changes to the .cfg files, the fuel wasn't enough and the balance was wrong (with stock).

In the Shuttles Cargo, add the below in the CFG file. With the below values I found mine much easier to control on re-entry, in-fact it never flipped even if I just let it go in on it's own (without MechJeb).

CoMOffset = 0.0, -7.0, 0.0
    CoLOffset = 0.0, -25.0, 6.0

Where in the cfg exactly?

I'm happy to post my cfg files, I just wasn't sure if it would be stepping on peoples toes.

Some modders who create the work don't like people re-posting their work and others do not mind. I certainly didn't want to be doing the wrong thing by posting cfg files without your knowledge and OK to do so..

@vlad0303 Below the nodes is where I put that line (roughly line 10). I'll post up the config files tonight when I get home.

Just now, Radar said:

I'm happy to post my cfg files, I just wasn't sure if it would be stepping on peoples toes.

Some modders who create the work don't like people re-posting their work and others do not mind. I certainly didn't want to be doing the wrong thing by posting cfg files without your knowledge and OK to do so..

@vlad0303 Below the nodes is where I put that line (roughly line 10). I'll post up the config files tonight when I get home.

Thank a lot

57 minutes ago, Radar said:

If you want to continue work on the shuttle, I will not mind.