[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

OK, this is the version I had been working on which works with KSP 1.4.5. The Zip is complete with the KSPWheel mod (latest version), JSI (latest version) & SSTU (which is included in the SpaceShuttle folder). These are required for various reasons. For the Cockpit to work you will need the ASET mod.

This mod is in a folder called SpaceShuttle, it doesn't override the one within this thread for those who wish to keep the thread version over this version. My version only comes with the Discovery skin and completely stock fuels. I changed the cfg files for ease of flying and enjoyment using as little extra mods as possible for those who just want to keep it simple.

TAGS are included for all the parts. Type Shuttle to show all parts. within this package.

It's balanced well so users should find this easier to handle on re-entry and also for landing. If you don't use fuel from the Shuttle then the nose will stick up due to the extra fuel weight in the rear however I doubt this will be the case if doing a proper launch, orbit and then re-entry.

Included in the Zip is the craft file under the save folder for those who just want to add cargo and launch. I've included 2x nodes in the cargo bay to add a winch at either end if using the KAS mod.

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7hl6p9dc3bfbul/SpaceShuttle.zip?dl=0

Edited by Radar

36 minutes ago, Radar said:

OK, this is the version I had been working on which works with KSP 1.4.5. The Zip is complete with the KSPWheel mod (latest version), JSI (latest version) & SSTU (which is included in the SpaceShuttle folder). These are required for various reasons. For the Cockpit to work you will need the ASET mod.

This mod is in a folder called SpaceShuttle, it doesn't override the one within this thread for those who wish to keep the thread version over this version. My version only comes with the Discovery skin and completely stock fuels. I changed the cfg files for ease of flying and enjoyment using as little extra mods as possible for those who just want to keep it simple.

TAGS are included for all the parts. Type Shuttle to show all parts. within this package.

It's balanced well so users should find this easier to handle on re-entry and also for landing. If you don't use fuel from the Shuttle then the nose will stick up due to the extra fuel weight in the rear however I doubt this will be the case if doing a proper launch, orbit and then re-entry.

Included in the Zip is the craft file under the save folder for those who just want to add cargo and launch. I've included 2x nodes in the cargo bay to add a winch at either end if using the KAS mod.

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7hl6p9dc3bfbul/SpaceShuttle.zip?dl=0

Maybe you should open a new forum thread for it? This thread of development is outdated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/26/2017 at 3:59 PM, [email protected] said:

Just out of curiosity, is there anyway to add a thrust curve to the SSRB part file? I remember CSS having one on theirs, i cant control my ascent profile very well when the SSRB's start burning out, the G's go from 2-3 up to like 10. I've been experimenting but just cant get it to following the thrust curve i give it in the modules section in the cfg file.

Still wondering if anyone has found a resolution for this issue. Ive created a temporary onw by using RO's SSTU RSRMV and editing the cfg to add the attachment nodes from the SSS SSRB CFG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/10/2019 at 3:10 PM, brendan69 said:

Hey i cant get the orange tank to go into the engine block, and it only says oxidizer in the fuel tank and no Liquid hydrogen whitch the engine says it needs??? any awnsers just let me know please!!! great mod btw

On 9/18/2018 at 2:38 AM, Radar said:

No worries, will do.

Created new thread here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just wanna drop in and say, wow, It's been a while since I played around with the component shuttle (years actually) but it's clear how much has been done, it's absolutely amazing in RSS with RO, real fuels etc.

I LOVE the IVA for the cockpit with RPM, and just descovered the options for the variants of the ET, I've always been a sucker for the original white tank :D

Gonna spam some of my favourate screens from the last few missions, hope you don't mind!

WZ4mJSo.pngSRv28Qb.pngzUOZAPB.pngMdQ5mos.pngu6tnvqp.pngs0JlFuM.pnghaVaxmL.pngxffm3Iw.pngO28Bp3j.png

18 hours ago, pingopete said:

I just wanna drop in and say, wow, It's been a while since I played around with the component shuttle (years actually) but it's clear how much has been done, it's absolutely amazing in RSS with RO, real fuels etc.

I LOVE the IVA for the cockpit with RPM, and just descovered the options for the variants of the ET, I've always been a sucker for the original white tank :D

Gonna spam some of my favourate screens from the last few missions, hope you don't mind!

How did you get this beast to work in RSS/RO?  And what version?  Did you manage to land back at KSC?  I was pretty sure RSS/RO was famous for its Space Shuttles.
Famous for breaking them, that is.

Edited by slaintemaith

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I know that this mod has a continuation in another forum, but I am trying to make this work on my ksp 1.7.3 because with the new version, using texture replacer for the reflection, the shuttle becomes invisible, the problem with this version is that I can't change version of the shuttle (example: from Atlantis to Columbia), so I was wondering what mod it takes to do it, if anyone can answer me I'm grateful.

On 3/28/2020 at 9:32 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

has anyone adopted this mod?

I have been working on two more by DECQ - so am thinking...

no replies - just tumbleweeds and crickets. so will try to add this to my queue - when I get closer will post more.

22 hours ago, slaintemaith said:

I wish you would give this mod some love.

is en-queue; just remember I am not a modeler - just a coder and part.cfg'er - so if there are model issues, animation issues, I won't be able to fix them by myself.

Also: feedback is very important, like Ptores - I cannot do this in a vacuum. So if you like a mod I am/have adopting(ed) kindly participate in the feedback. Thank you in advance!

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

is en-queue; just remember I am not a modeler - just a coder and part.cfg'er - so if there are model issues, animation issues, I won't be able to fix them by myself.

Also: feedback is very important, like Ptores - I cannot do this in a vacuum. So if you like a mod I am/have adopting(ed) kindly participate in the feedback. Thank you in advance!

I'm a former employee for MicroProse.  (Quality assurance, circa 1995-01)
So it's possible I might remember how to write up a bug.
It's been a while.
And I'm not sure I'd be much help re: RSS/RO.  Fact is I'm not that intelligent.
But feedback, I can do.  Might need to start a new thread for the resurrection of the mod--DECQ's approval pending, of course.

Just now, slaintemaith said:

I'm a former employee for MicroProse.  (Quality assurance, circa 1995-01)
So it's possible I might remember how to write up a bug.
It's been a while.
And I'm not sure I'd be much help re: RSS/RO.  Fact is I'm not that intelligent.
But feedback, I can do.  Might need to start a new thread for the resurrection of the mod--DECQ's approval pending, of course.

:D

My grandmother taught me well, so I always do :

• (start a new thread) - when the time is right.
  • ask and notify. :D when the time is right.

excellent - not just you - everyone. :D will be appreciated.

concerning RSS/RO - any support that is currently there, will remain. I just know enough RSS/RO to update.

I too am not very smart, just smart enough to know what I know, and what I don't . :D

Now back to finalizing the release (re) of several more mods.

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

:D

My grandmother taught me well, so I always do :

• (start a new thread) - when the time is right.
  • ask and notify. :D when the time is right.

excellent - not just you - everyone. :D will be appreciated.

concerning RSS/RO - any support that is currently there, will remain. I just know enough RSS/RO to update.

I too am not very smart, just smart enough to know what I know, and what I don't . :D

Now back to finalizing the release (re) of several more mods.

If you are to take on modernizing this mod would you keep the switchable textures?, i used to love playing all the different missions with their respective orbiters 

Edited by OV-102

5 minutes ago, OV-102 said:

If you are to take on modernizing this mod would you keep the switchable textures?, i used to love playing all the different missions with their respective orbiters 

you mean like this:

Spoiler

MODULE
	{
		name = SSTUTextureSwitch
		currentTextureSet = Atlantis
		TEXTURESET
		{
			name = Atlantis
		}
		TEXTURESET
		{