Jump to content

[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Sampa said:

relax, DECQ, I was just asking to confirm I was using the correct components.

Damn, I thought you have a problem with the assembly of the space shuttle in the hangar... :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DECQ said:

Damn, I thought you have a problem with the assembly of the space shuttle in the hangar... :/

It's alright.  misunderstandings do occur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LMRaptor said:

Is there something I'm missing? My SRBs run out of fuel within 30 seconds of liftoff and below 4000 meters at SSME max thrust. My ET runs out of fuel extremely fast as well.

I hope that you installed this from the Spacedock link, just make sure that all the add-ons that are present along with the shuttle are installed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm new here but I have the mod installed and running. It's been good overall but there are two problems.

1. Landing Gear

The nose gear is always down and is impossible to retract and the ones in the wings won't come down.

2. Im only seeing the parts for Atlantis.

 

Anyone run into these? Anyone have a solution?

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, astro_pilot_108 said:

Hi, I'm new here but I have the mod installed and running. It's been good overall but there are two problems.

1. Landing Gear

The nose gear is always down and is impossible to retract and the ones in the wings won't come down.

2. Im only seeing the parts for Atlantis.

 

Anyone run into these? Anyone have a solution?

 

Thanks!

Just install all the files from the folder into your GameData.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, astro_pilot_108 said:

Hi, I'm new here but I have the mod installed and running. It's been good overall but there are two problems.

1. Landing Gear

The nose gear is always down and is impossible to retract and the ones in the wings won't come down.

2. Im only seeing the parts for Atlantis.

 

Anyone run into these? Anyone have a solution?

 

Thanks!

You're missing firespitter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Patches! Patches for everyone!

Hello everyone!
When this mod was still in development I made some patches for compatibility with widespread mods. Since then these mods were updated and the Space Shuttle was released for ksp 1.2.2 (hooray!). The patches were compiled in a single file uploaded to dropbox and need Module Manager to work.

The patches add compatibility with the following mods:

  1. Mechjeb for autopilot and stuff
  2. HullCame VDS for docking cameras with the docking ports
  3. Community Resource Pack for better fuel cells and a more realistic EDO
  4. RemoteTech because the stock communications are too simple :P
  5. KIS container to the airlocks, making EVAs more practical
  6. TAC life support but not kerbalism or USI life support; those will be added soon™

 

Ok, now to the shiny link
Space Shuttle - Patches

Enjoy :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

Patches! Patches for everyone!

Hello everyone!
When this mod was still in development I made some patches for compatibility with widespread mods. Since then these mods were updated and the Space Shuttle was released for ksp 1.2.2 (hooray!). The patches were compiled in a single file uploaded to dropbox and need Module Manager to work.

The patches add compatibility with the following mods:

  1. Mechjeb for autopilot and stuff
  2. HullCame VDS for docking cameras with the docking ports
  3. Community Resource Pack for better fuel cells and a more realistic EDO
  4. RemoteTech because the stock communications are too simple :P
  5. KIS container to the airlocks, making EVAs more practical
  6. TAC life support but not kerbalism or USI life support; those will be added soon™

 

Ok, now to the shiny link
Space Shuttle - Patches

Enjoy :)

Wow!:o this patch adds useful features and realism to the Space Shuttle.

Thanks!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, astro_pilot_108 said:

Hi, I'm new here but I have the mod installed and running. It's been good overall but there are two problems.

1. Landing Gear

The nose gear is always down and is impossible to retract and the ones in the wings won't come down.

2. Im only seeing the parts for Atlantis.

 

Anyone run into these? Anyone have a solution?

 

Thanks!

try right clicking on the cockpit section and there is a spot that allows you to switch liveries

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, redmonddkgamer said:

SRB chutes?

The configs seem to think that there is a parachute in the SRB caps, but staging, action groups and the fact that the right-click menu has no altitude or pressure setting disagree. 

On 08/03/2017 at 6:17 AM, DECQ said:

I hope that you installed this from the Spacedock link, just make sure that all the add-ons that are present along with the shuttle are installed.

I did. I solved (Hopefuly) the problem by adding +20% fuel to the both the SRBs and the ET, bringing the SRB fuel cap to 15504 and the ET fuel cap to 436200 LqdHydrogen and to 29076 oxidizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10.03.2017 at 7:33 AM, Marcelo Silveira said:

Patches! Patches for everyone!

Hello everyone!
When this mod was still in development I made some patches for compatibility with widespread mods. Since then these mods were updated and the Space Shuttle was released for ksp 1.2.2 (hooray!). The patches were compiled in a single file uploaded to dropbox and need Module Manager to work.

The patches add compatibility with the following mods:

  1. Mechjeb for autopilot and stuff
  2. HullCame VDS for docking cameras with the docking ports
  3. Community Resource Pack for better fuel cells and a more realistic EDO
  4. RemoteTech because the stock communications are too simple :P
  5. KIS container to the airlocks, making EVAs more practical
  6. TAC life support but not kerbalism or USI life support; those will be added soon™

 

Ok, now to the shiny link
Space Shuttle - Patches

Enjoy :)

As always, great work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for asking, but does anyone still have a version of this mod that is compatible with 1.1.2? Im doing a complete remake of the history in manned and unmanned spaceflight, starting with Vostok 1 going all the way to 2017, its been active for almost a year and many of the mods used arent available for 1.2.2

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Slainte Maith said:

Has anyone else experienced an SRB (one or the other) detaching and careening off at liftoff?

Clearly, I'm not assembling this properly...

 

Nvm.  Figured it out.  

 

I always put a strut going from the aft field joint to the bottom of the tank   

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seem to find a .craft file that is working. The ones mentioned in this thread are either already offline, or contain a whole lot of missing parts...

Also; the parts that are used for launch tower / clamps in the example video's are those available too somewhere ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mart said:

I can't seem to find a .craft file that is working. The ones mentioned in this thread are either already offline, or contain a whole lot of missing parts...

Also; the parts that are used for launch tower / clamps in the example video's are those available too somewhere ?

 

Craft file is missing, you have to strain your own gray matter and collect it themselves, as the saying goes, "the eyes are afraid, but the hands are doing."
I do not know what kind of launch pad, you can write to the author of the video and maybe it will help you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DECQ said:

Craft file is missing, you have to strain your own gray matter and collect it themselves, as the saying goes, "the eyes are afraid, but the hands are doing."
I do not know what kind of launch pad, you can write to the author of the video and maybe it will help you.

Thank you. I have of course created my own craft file. If someone wants that PM me.

The launch pad that is used in the video is seen in other video's as well, maybe not the same but there are great launch pads out there. I was hoping someone here had those parts as well. Let's hope so. I will try to look further.

edit:

The radiator panels on the cargo bay doors are not solar panels right ? They do not charge batteries. Someone ever made a mod for that ? Seems so ugly to put solar panels on the shuttle just to make it charge batteries.

Edited by mart
Link to post
Share on other sites

impressive mod, i can reach orbit and the orbiter didnt flip forward when srb seperated
 

however maybe DECQ can provide a patch for real solar system compatibility? right now delta v is 4000m/s and orbiting earth needs more than 9000m/s. im hoping for some patches for RSS users if possible. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, R.A.P.I.R.E. said:

what do I do this 

 

Read the previous pages, there was already a similar problem, only before the shuttle was darkened. Perhaps there you will find the answer.

4 hours ago, astroranger189 said:

impressive mod, i can reach orbit and the orbiter didnt flip forward when srb seperated
 

however maybe DECQ can provide a patch for real solar system compatibility? right now delta v is 4000m/s and orbiting earth needs more than 9000m/s. im hoping for some patches for RSS users if possible. :) 

Not know, I'm not good at making patches for RealSolarSystem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...